Page 1 of 93 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Pasta

Default All About Pasta

hello all...i would like to share my experiences cooking pasta dishes....nahan man gud kaayo ko pasta and i would also like to know your tips and recipes....so welcome to the thread and let's start cooking!

oh by the way...my favorite is Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (mora sad korek no...garlic and oil lang na..very simple to do)

recipes to follow ok?

Default Re: All About Pasta

^^ms gwyn, I have eaten that type of spaghetti (garlic & oil)..lami jud sha, karon pa lng ko kaila sa name, hehe..

i love carbonara...

lami jd ----> my mama's spaghetti

it is also important to match the pasta shapes and sauces....do you know that italy claims there are at least 300 different pasta shapes?!?!?! grabeha sa...nya generally sa atoa kay spagetoy with meat sauce ra man jud nailhan...he he he

bitaw i opened this thread for those interested to know the other varieties and ways to prepare pasta

so with all the possibilities..take lang nako pinaka common ( i wanna ask what are the common pasta shapes available in the philippines...dugay na man gud ko wala diha so i do not know basin diay completo na sad diha)

the chunkier and more robust the sauce the bolder the pasta shape ...light sauces go well with angel hair and the like...pero remember pasta needs to be moistened with the sauce not drowned in it! You want to taste the pasta as well as the sauce

on my next post i will focus on the following shapes :

fettuccine
    lasagne
    linguine
    penne
    spaghetti
    rotini

please let me know if these are vailable diha sa atoa...(no sense posting recipes for them kon wala diha) ...and be so kind sad to let me know what other shapes are available diha kay pangitaan nato sauce nga mo compliment....

all of the above available dito sa cebu....including angel hair, fusilli, farfalla(?), ziti, even rigatoni.

anton's first solid food ever was baked ziti. hehehehehe.

looking forward to recipes, E!  salamat daan

di rin kaya ako italiano in a past life hahahhahahahhahahaha di siguro....pango ilong ko ngayon eh. har har har

^^ T ...thank you for the quick response!! ako rin ah pango rin ilong hey i already included the pasta shapes you mentioned in the list below...if you can find other shapes available there (daghan pa man jud ni sila) just let me know ok?

anyway let us do this in parts....

1. Cooking Pasta
    2 . Finding Sauce that will Compliment
    3. Preparing the Sauce

Of course everybody knows how to prepare the pasta "al dente" ..this means tender but firm with no raw flour taste and enough firmness to give a pleasing resistance to the bite ..al dente by the way literally means 'to the tooth'...so dili na nato i-discuss ang step 1. I will outline below some sauces that will compliment pasta shapes...and in succeeding posts kon unsa maka interest ninyo i will post the sauce recipes...

Capellini / Angel Hair - goes well with Garlic and Oil ; Butter and Cheese; Fresh Herbs

Fettuccine - goes well with creamy sauces and chunky medium to full bodied sauces like fettuccine alfredo; fresh herbs; tomato sauces; chicken ragu

Fusilli (corkscrews) - chunky sauces with bold flavors llike pesto sauce; shrimp and fresh chili peppers sauce

Lasagne of course with lasagna sauce

Linguine - pesto sauce and fresh tomato sauce

Penne - porcini and red wine sauce, bolognese sauce

Rigatoni - Puttanesca sauce and shrimp and chili peppers

Spaghetti - tomato sauces, puttanesca sauce and the classic meat sauce

Ziti - puttanesca sauce, bolognese sauce

Farfalle - Spicy Chicken bits and broccoli and chicken ragu

Rigatoni - needs sturdy sauces with big flavors like puttanesca sauce or shrimp and fresh chili peppers

now that the pasta shape and sauce combination is available...hulat lang ko which sauce recipes you would like to have....

oh and we can also discuss here the accompanying cheese and wine if you want...pero this is not my forte...so i would appreciate it kon naa maka contribute sad about these...

Quote Originally Posted by klavel
    ^^ms gwyn, I have eaten that type of spaghetti (garlic & oil)..lami jud sha, karon pa lng ko kaila sa name, hehe..
    klavel...i think in japan they also call this "peperoncino" i do not know why...when i had it first there i searched for the recipe jud using peperoncino...sus lahi man sad diay term gigamit sa hapon....let me know if you wanna have the recipe...this is very easy to make...

before i go to sleep...

ako ba...naloloka jud sa overcooked pasta...wala na space ang sauce "mu-surop". lasang tubig! hehehehehehehe

nakakaloka din ang presyo ng parmesan....the block ha. ako gusto ko ng pesto.

Quote Originally Posted by d`monyita
    before i go to sleep...

ako ba...naloloka jud sa overcooked pasta...wala na space ang sauce "mu-surop". lasang tubig! hehehehehehehe

nakakaloka din ang presyo ng parmesan....the block ha. ako gusto ko ng pesto.

where can we buy the parmiggiano cheese in blocks? when i went to italy yan lang jud dala ko pag uwi...ha ha ha di na ko naka shopping ...pero naka bitbit jud ko nang cheese....do you make your own pesto sauce or do you buy ready made stuff? i also have pesto recipe ...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 93 123411 ... LastLast