Default Synacy Software Engineering Graduate Program

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to announce the Synacy Software Engineering Graduate Program. It's for top computer science/IT/software engineering graduates.

The short version:
    - 6 weeks training from Orange & Bronze Software Labs in Manila
    - 4 weeks onsite training in Synacy HQ in Cebu City leading to
    - 6 month appointment as a graduate software engineer leading to
    - Regularisation as an associate software engineer.

Benefits of the first 10 weeks training:
    - Really high quality training from a high quality trainer
    - Being in Manila
    - Having accommodation and air fares paid for
    - Receiving money to be there (training wage) and pay for your food etc

Benefits of the next 6 months training:
    - Being in Cebu City
    - Having accommodation and air fares paid/provided for
    - Receiving a proper salary as an associate software engineer
    - Receiving quality meals free at a commercially appointed company cafeteria designed by The Abaca Group (owners of Tavolata, Phat Pho, Maya, Abaca Resolt, A Cafe etc)

Timeline of the program below:

Benefits of ongoing employment:
    - Cool company
    - Great environment
    - Flat management structure
    - You're actually making/inventing things and solving problems
    - No uniforms
    - Full HMO
    - Good workstations/tools etc
    - International company with Australian management
    - Free meals at the cafeteria/chill out room etc
    - Good pay

The hard part:
    - You have to kick ass
    - You have to be good technically
    - You have to enjoy actually working as a software engineer
    - You can't just be all about the money

The official press release:
    Cebu Based Technology Company Synacy Announces the Philippine-Wide Synacy Software Engineering Graduate Program

The information and application page:
    Synacy Recruitment Program for Graduates

Happy to get questions here or through twitter @synacy

Cheers,
    Tom

How much is the allowance given to trainees? thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lienebasab View Post
    How much is the allowance given to trainees? thank you!
    For the first 6-10weeks we'll cover you so you basically have the course, accommodation and food taken care of. Of course you won't go hungry but if you're looking to handsomely profit during this initial 10 week period then this program is probably not for you

After the initial 10 week training period you're appointed as a graduate engineer/associate so you start drawing a salary. The package is worth around 20-25k/month.

@tomo

Will grades matter in this company? (since it is noted there that you are looking for "top" students)
    What if I passed the exam (I will be taking online exam 2moro), and since my grades on my TOR does not reflect any good, do I still have a chance to be trained?

Sorry for the late reply. I posted a response but it look liked it never made it to the thread. Grades are like any piece of evidence we'd look at during your application while hearing out your 'story'. We're looking for evidence of a capable, productive employee who is worth investing in in terms of training, flights, accommodation etc.

The best engineer I've ever worked with wasn't at the "top" of his class. During his university course he spent his spare time working on his own projects that happened to be more advanced than what was in his courses. The thing is it was easy for us to see what he did since his 'story' happened to have all this extra evidence of him being all those things we were looking for. He outperformed all of his peers who had been working on our projects far longer than him. He also has a really good knack at just being an all round awesome dude... Suffice to say he's still working with us but he's now our systems architect

So, if grades isn't your strong point, probably mention why in your application if you think it's valuable. Ultimately you're trying to sell yourself. We specify the kind of things we're looking for on the programs.synacy.com site - on the other hand if your grades were bad because you sucked at computer science you will probably struggle.

Good luck.
    Last edited by tomo; 11-12-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I posted a response but it look liked it never made it to the thread. Grades are like any piece of evidence we'd look at during your application while hearing out your 'story'. We're looking for evidence of a capable, productive employee who is worth investing in in terms of training, flights, accommodation etc.

The best engineer I've ever worked with wasn't at the "top" of his class. During his university course he spent his spare time working on his own projects that happened to be more advanced than what was in his courses. The thing is it was easy for us to see what he did since his 'story' happened to have all this extra evidence of him being all those things we were looking for. He outperformed all of his peers who had been working on our projects far longer than him. He also has a really good knack at just being an all round awesome dude... Suffice to say he's still working with us but he's now our systems architect

So, if grades isn't your strong point, probably mention why in your application if you think it's valuable. Ultimately you're trying to sell yourself. We specify the kind of things we're looking for on the programs.synacy.com site - on the other hand if your grades were bad because you sucked at computer science you will probably struggle.

Good luck.

Hi! I would like to ask if electronics engineering graduates, such as my self, can have a shot at this? What are our chances of being hired? I have a basic programming knowledge in Python and C++,I'm studying on my own, and I'm currently taking online classes in computer science and programming. I really want to change careers (hardware to software), and your company is basically giving people like me an opportunity to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by living_curious View Post
    Hi! I would like to ask if electronics engineering graduates, such as my self, can have a shot at this? What are our chances of being hired? I have a basic programming knowledge in Python and C++,I'm studying on my own, and I'm currently taking online classes in computer science and programming. I really want to change careers (hardware to software), and your company is basically giving people like me an opportunity to do just that.
    Sure why not - everyone can have a shot at anything. Chances? Not sure. Not saying this is you but generally if you need a high chance of success just to apply then you're most probably not a person we're looking for.

The program is primarily aimed at software grads so not surprisingly the expected level of knowledge and skill is going to be commensurate with a high achiever of a comp sci degree. You will need to show you have this in your application regardless of degree.

Have you had a look at the program page itself? We list out the skills, attributes, experience etc we're looking for. This might be helpful in writing up your cover letter to turn your 'weakness' as an ee into strengths as a potential se.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Sure why not - everyone can have a shot at anything. Chances? Not sure. Not saying this is you but generally if you need a high chance of success just to apply then you're most probably not a person we're looking for.

The program is primarily aimed at software grads so not surprisingly the expected level of knowledge and skill is going to be commensurate with a high achiever of a comp sci degree. You will need to show you have this in your application regardless of degree.

Have you had a look at the program page itself? We list out the skills, attributes, experience etc we're looking for. This might be helpful in writing up your cover letter to turn your 'weakness' as an ee into strengths as a potential se.

Good luck.

Thank you sir. I'll give it a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by living_curious View Post
    Thank you sir. I'll give it a shot...
    Good luck.

If I get to be a part of the company's Graduate Program now (2017), will I really be sent to train in Manila for the first 10 weeks before training here in Cebu for the next 6 months?

11.    Advertisement