Default Meat raises lung cancer risk...mag vegetarian na ta!

Meat raises lung cancer risk, too, study finds

by Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor Mon Dec 10, 8:15 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - People who eat a lot of red meat and processed meats have a higher risk of several types of cancer, including lung cancer and colorectal cancer, U.S. researchers reported on Monday.

continue reading here --> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071211/...AqwWmtH5YDW7oF

Health Promotion: folks, if you want healthy meal substitutes, naay vegetarian meals ginapromote ang Vegetarian Society here in istorya. click on the Vegetarian Society thread. thanks.

Default Re: Meat raises lung cancer risk...mag vegetarian na ta!

i do respect people's individual diet preference but going vegetarian just because eating a lot of red meat can raise your risk of getting cancer just shows ignorance and lack of common sense. i think its in the sentence itself "...eating A LOT of red meat...". so of course if you eat a kilo of red meat every day then yes your asking for cancer. too much of anything is not good, thats a golden rule.

red meat is an excellent source of iron, high quality protein, essential amino acids, vitamin B12 and zinc and that makes it a very important part of a balanced diet if consumed in appropriate amounts. if theres anything about meat that you want to avoid, that should be the processed meat like ham, bacon and sausages because of their high sodium nitrate content.

hinay-hinay lang gud sa meat. dako raba kog kaon basta baboy, baka, kanding, kabaw, ug unsa pang mananapa.

masakit ko i don ker..

Quote Originally Posted by Khitty
    i do respect people's individual diet preference but going vegetarian just because eating a lot of red meat can raise your risk of getting cancer just shows ignorance and lack of common sense. i think its in the sentence itself "...eating A LOT of red meat...". so of course if you eat a kilo of red meat every day then yes your asking for cancer. too much of anything is not good, thats a golden rule.

red meat is an excellent source of iron, high quality protein, essential amino acids, vitamin B12 and zinc and that makes it a very important part of a balanced diet if consumed in appropriate amounts. if theres anything about meat that you want to avoid, that should be the processed meat like ham, bacon and sausages because of their high sodium nitrate content.
    shows ignorance and a lack of common sense? vegetarians are people who research a lot, and for them meat is NOT necessary, that we get enough protein from plant sources.

i respect the knowledge they have on the matter. in fact, i personally believe in the idea that i can get protein and other nutrients from plants alone. meat is not necessary for me, though i admit i still eat it due to limited choices.

i studied in a traditional medical college (traditional being disease-oriented rather than health-oriented) and know about diets recommended by the medical community. but that didnt stop me from investigating other bodies of knowledge out there.

for me, vegetarianism makes more sense. really.

Hello. Im a vegetarian since birth. I eat lots of vegies and fruits. also lots of fruit juices. there are things that you need moderation and there are things that you better get rid of totally because it is not necessary.I have a book entitled "Cooking Smart" by Seventh-day Adventist.You can look up almost all fruits, vegetables, rootcrops and see their nutrition content and how much you need each day.you can verify in that book that you can get all the required nutrients from the vegetables and fruits.Its the original diet since the beginnning, meat-eating was only introduced after the flood.but if you read Lev 11:7, Isa 66:15-17, Isa 56:4. Pork is not really healthy and God forbids us to get rid of it.Science tells us the same.But people are just prejudice when you quote from the Bible.you know for health advices, the Bible is the best book, best guide for morals, political, social, spiritual and health concerns, thats one amazing book really.If only man follows the Bible about nutrition.

diba ang meat is a good source of vitamin B12. which help maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and is also needed to make DNA...

naa biya sa old and new testament na dili biya vegetarian ang mga tao did2 heheheh

processed meat tingali... like can goods and stuff..

Nothing beats the natural. Processed meat are the ones who could cause more cancer, and maybe I should say, catalysts for cancer. On the other hand, veggies can also cause cancer when synthetic ingredients are used as fertilizers.

Bottom line, go for the natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Khitty

I think you are right. Vegetarianism has its merits too but I think there is no perfect nutrition style. To each his own, like anything else it all boils down to respecting each other's preference. Anybody can give suggestions and information which we could chew on but then have the choice to gobble it or not. hehehe.
    As for me I enjoy a healthy moderation of various food. No eating lifestyle will assure us of guaranteed long and enjoyable life.

10.    Advertisement