Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 161168169170171
Results 1,701 to 1,705 of 1705

Quote Originally Posted by toinker View Post
    about inquisition read the book by Jonathan Kirsch; The Grand Inquisitor's Manual: A History of Terror in the Name of God.

comm'on bro .. history: past and present are full of killings in the name of religion, in the name of God.. dili ra inquisition ug catholic church .. what about the protestant wars? the orthodox conflicts? the wars of cromwell? the Ku klux klan? the Lords rebels in Uganda? the fanatics of sudan, eretria and others, the islamic fundamentalists, the abu sayyaf? excuse me but you are very choosy when it comes to memory .. read more books bro, and you will see that of all these, only the catholic church made a public confession of these past sins! And because of that, I love even more this church.

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, + Et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

life is too short to live in this world...
    in our time now, salvation is very difficult...
    morality is not the priority of the majority...

i encourage you all to pray more to gain back the moral in our society.
    catholics are taught with this virtues to be saved. Faith, Hope & charity.
    it is impossible to please God without faith.
    because we are not sure of our salvation in earth that's why we Hope.
    Faith without good works is useless..
    to those who are claiming that faith is the only way of salvation, please try to think it million times.
    to those who are presuming that they are already saved through grace & faith.
    Jesus gave His own life for us.. He sacrifice Himself for us.
    but it doesnt mean that we are automatically saved by that.
    we are still obliged to do our part for a sacrifice for our own salvation.
    As catholic we must Follow all teaching pf our Mother church that built by Christ Himself.
    There is no salvation outside Church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    maybe sa una naa, pero karun it is impossible..

I am VEry VEry VEry VEry VEry proud of being Catholic...

Last edited by rclong_rey; 11-29-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by rclong_rey View Post

life is too short to live in this world...
    in our time now, salvation is very difficult...
    morality is not the priority of the majority...

i encourage you all to pray more to gain back the moral in our society.
    catholics are taught with this virtues to be saved. Faith, Hope & charity.
    it is impossible to please God without faith.
    because we are not sure of our salvation in earth that's why we Hope.
    Faith without good works is useless..
    to those who are claiming that faith is the only way of salvation, please try to think it million times.
    to those who are presuming that they are already saved through grace & faith.
    Jesus gave His own life for us.. He sacrifice Himself for us.
    but it doesnt mean that we are automatically saved by that.
    we are still obliged to do our part for a sacrifice for our own salvation.
    As catholic we must Follow all teaching pf our Mother church that built by Christ Himself.
    There is no salvation outside Church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    maybe sa una naa, pero karun it is impossible..

I am VEry VEry VEry VEry VEry proud of being Catholic...

sa CHURCH na tinutukoy mo, is it the CATHOLIC CHURCH
    how can you defend that

Quote Originally Posted by masterjanuarius View Post
    comm'on bro .. history: past and present are full of killings in the name of religion, in the name of God.. dili ra inquisition ug catholic church .. what about the protestant wars? the orthodox conflicts? the wars of cromwell? the Ku klux klan? the Lords rebels in Uganda? the fanatics of sudan, eretria and others, the islamic fundamentalists, the abu sayyaf? excuse me but you are very choosy when it comes to memory .. read more books bro, and you will see that of all these, only the catholic church made a public confession of these past sins! And because of that, I love even more this church.

I'm just saying that the religion started with the intent of doing good, then it does more harm then good, then it made good again, then it does harm again(spanish frairs in the philippines), then it tries to do good again. The catholic church is inconsistent with its behavior. (no need to explain further, you know what i mean)

If a good person do something bad and is sorry for it we forgive him but if he does bad things again we lose our trust in him and will never trust him again.

WHY DO WE GIVE PEOPLE A SECOND CHANCE? Because we are hoping that the person will really change.

WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WILL NEVER DO HARM TO HUMANITY AGAIN?

------------------------------------

Again back to the book by Jonathan Kirsch; The Grand Inquisitor's Manual: A History of Terror in the Name of God.

I'm just suggesting to people to read the book just to give people the idea of what really happened in the inquisitions.

[quote=toinker;6041600]I'm just saying that the religion started with the intent of doing good, then it does more harm then good, then it made good again, then it does harm again(spanish frairs in the philippines), then it tries to do good again. The catholic church is inconsistent with its behavior. (no need to explain further, you know what i mean)

If a good person do something bad and is sorry for it we forgive him but if he does bad things again we lose our trust in him and will never trust him again.

WHY DO WE GIVE PEOPLE A SECOND CHANCE? Because we are hoping that the person will really change.

WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WILL NEVER DO HARM TO HUMANITY AGAIN?

Because we are living on a different ERA, more transparent, more open, and likely more scrutinized by the outside world! The sins of the past are lessons learned, and you know what I mean ... Now, the friars (you alluded to), first, there were good friars (an archbishop of Manila was always there to protect the people from the abuses of the guardia civil and authorities)! There were bad ones, true, but there were more friars whose love for the filipinos were outstanding, too. And that is history .. sad to say not too much talked about .. because it will not serve the agenda of spreading hatred against the catholic church!

6.    Advertisement