Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

‘Song of Bernadette’: goes onstage in SM City Cebu come June & July
    from The Freeman, June 6, 2008

As one in the co-celebration of the 150 years of the Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Lourdes, France, the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in barangay Punta Princesa, Cebu City will stage a play for a cause titled “The Song of Bernadette: A musicale of Our Lady of Lourdes Story” at SM City Cebu, Cinema 1, on June 28-29 and July 5-6.

Highly endorsed by His Eminence Cardinal Ricardo J. Vidal, the play highlights the story of a 14-year-old peasant girl, Bernadette Soubirous who made a great encounter with the Blessed Virgin Mary for 18 times in 1858. The Blessed Virgin said to Bernadette, “I am the Immaculate Conception” in one of these apparitions. The story has left a great message that inspires not only the people of Lourdes, France but all the people through out the world.

It is a very moving story that will inspire the many young people of today; that amidst the most depressing times of their life, there is still hope left which is what the youth needs nowadays as exemplified in the life of Bernadette. Reflections on the message of Lourdes on prayer, penance and conversion can also be drawn out from the play, which will be staged for the benefit of the malnourished children in barangay Punta Princesa.

Said musicale is based on the bestselling novel Song of Bernadette, which was written by a highly respected anti-Nazi writer from Vienna, Franz Werfel who became a Jewish refugee and who barely escaped death in 1940. In the days of his great distress, he made a vow to God that if he can escape and reach the saving shores of America, he would put off all other tasks and sing the best he could, the Song of Bernadette. Though he was not Catholic, but he was impressed by both Bernadette and the happenings of Lourdes in his short stay there. In this novel, he dared to sing the song of Bernadette that magnifies the divine mystery and the holiness of the man with a profound sense of Catholic understanding.

There will be three shows, which are scheduled as follows: Matinee – 10am-12pm, 3pm-5pm, and Gala – 7pm-9pm on each different playdates. Tickets are sold at P75 and P100 for Matinee and Gala shows, respectively.

The cast is composed of the young people of Lourdes Shrine, run by the Salesians of Don Bosco. The creative production is composed of Nino Banares (scriptwriter); Jude Gitamondoc (composer); Elvis Somosoc (musical arranger); Delia Villacastin (artistic director) and Fr. Joriz Calsa, SDB (executive director).

For ticket inquiries and sales, please call the PPC office at 2616935 and look for Glenda or Laila.

now this is nice... will check it out on the play dates. thanks

Hi Guys! I'm Graduate From Stc (masscom) And Active Member Sad Ko Sa Amo Theater Until Now. We Wer Planning To Make A Play Karon December. I Hope U You'll Do Support The Play. Ako Lang Nya I Post Dri For Updates. Also, If You Can Also Help Us, Kung Asa Mi Makapangita Ug Barato Lang Ta Rental Sa Lights. Thanks....

Actors and singers 16 years old and above are invited to attend the open casting call for Little Boy Productions’ musical stage play “PROGRESS” written by National Artist for Literature F. Sionil Jose and adapted by the maverick theater group Sipat Lawin Ensemble.

The musical, which has enjoyed successful runs at the Cultural Center of the Philippines and has toured cities in Luzon, will be making its VisMin premiere with an all-Cebuano cast in July, with a workshop and preview performance on May 3 at the CAP Art Center.

To be directed by Acey Aguilar and Nar Cabico, the musical set during Martial Law follows the musical misadventures of Marina Salcedo, government clerk second grade, as she travels to Manila to follow up on her promotion, five years overdue.

A darkly comic treatise on government, bureaucracy, and corruption, it asks the question “what is progress in the Philippines, then and now?”

Those interested to be part of the cast must be 16 years old and above, can sing a little, must be confident and can speak English with a strong Filipino accent.

Those with previous theater experience is an advantage but is not a must. If accepted, actors must be available for afternoon and evening rehearsals from April 25 to May 2.

For more information, please drop by Sacred Heart School-Jesuit Old Campus on Mango Avenue from 9am to 12nn on the following dates: April 16-17, 20-22. For more information, please call 0906-458-0406.

hala hendz, kinsa mani si Diem? wala lagi ko kibaw. hehe I thought audition was apr 13. anyhow, hello diem!!! I thought play date is may 02 pud. wa nako na update hehe

hehe

wow, really love theater

@angelo_charles, my post is a verbatim copy of an announcement published in the Freeman last April 16. Here's a link to the said announcement.

Young actors, singers needed for Little Boy Productions' new musical

I see. Haven't read the news cause im having a vacay :P
    Thanks Sir Diem! searched your profile, Sinebuano man diay :P

.................................................. .................................................. ...
    I dont know how to.

love to audition unta pero i'll be in china man uy this may1-10.. wa na'y lain

11.    Advertisement

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast