Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks guyz...i finally finished my setup

got a 40" LCD TV samsung (not LED) price difference was a little too much for my taste.
    also got the HT-Z210...HD upscaling helps with DVD playback. optical aux input. perfect for my setup for just 4,990 it was a no brainer to get.

ill add some pics next time.

btw, whats the best software for your playback?
    ive tried VLC and i can't get the sound to pump thru the optical out on my computer. i already ticked the "SPDIF when available" option but still no go...
    with MPC(media player classic) no problem.
    any suggestions?

btw, i notice better results using VGA cable vs HDMI. im sticking to VGA for now hehe

gizmo text line +63918-94-GIZMO (0918-94-44966)
    NOW HIRING we also accept dealers & freelance agents

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What OS are you using mark?
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Vista Ultimate akong gamit....32bit nako balik since i had problems with the 64bit version.
    im actually considering trying out Windows Media Center...have you played with that ry...any comments.

ok here is how i setup my system (thanks to edmund and ryan and greg for their inputs)

40" LCD TV LN40A550 (with USB for direct slideshow) samsung hooked up to the HT-Z210 (DVD+5.1 speaker system) via the included HDMI cable for DVD+USB+Divx playback (upscaling technology helps)

btw, i actually ordered LN40A530 but they mistakenly delivered LN40A550 hehe...paid the same amount.

Z210 has Optical AUX Input which connects to my PC's Optical Out. i had to purchase monster cable 2meters for 2,400 in SM. note to get the cable with square tips on both ends. i 1st got the round tip used for macbooks and MDs which didnt fit. im selling it nalang if naay naka macbook basin magamit pani ninyo.

i use a DVI to VGA adaptor (came free with my video card) on the pc to hookup the VGA to VGA cable (came free with my samsung 22" monitor) to the 40" LCD. my video card only had two DVI output so i needed the DVI to VGA adaptor to make it work. my 40" LCD doesnt have DVI input. only 3 HDMI, composite, VGA, component and ant/coax cable input.

bluray drive on the pc for ripping
    havent had the chance to use it pa hehe.

currently using Media Player Classic Homecinema version 1.2.972.0 included in k-lite pack.
    btw, to activate 5.1 channels you need to right click on the window go to filters, AC3 and tick SPDIF.
    else it will only play in stereo mode.

total expense for my home theater...68,400 excluding the PC which is the same one im using for my photo editing right now...its 2 years old and its new found extra use for its untapped power specially when im not doing any editing is extremely efficient and cost effective
    Last edited by markyap; 09-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.

5.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12