Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: HOW TO MAKE POS PROGRAM?

Quote Originally Posted by dlanyer77
    @jerx d great

try reading a very detailed answer to your confusion for the reply of cebugdev. a good system architect must consider a lot of things before deciding a tool. i am also a vb.net developer using ORACLE as my DB with but when it comes to short schedule dead lines and machine specs I prefer using VB6. As long as MSWindows is alive VB6 never die. hehehe!
    i agree with dlanyer77, vb6 never dies....hehehehehehe

ScrapeBox Development softtouch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knight26
    i agree with dlanyer77, vb6 never dies....hehehehehehe
    ...in Cebu maybe, but for the rest of the world, its dead meat....

Quote Originally Posted by softtouch_ph
    ...in Cebu maybe, but for the rest of the world, its dead meat....
    bro are you sure? yesterday i just signed an offshore memorandum of agreement from US then vb6 man lagi ila ipagamit namu. if banga ka mo program dead meat jud ang tool nimu kay dili man ka makapagawas sa expected result sa end-user then labi na jud ug walay life cycle ang imo finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by dlanyer77
    bro are you sure? yesterday i just signed an offshore memorandum of agreement from US then vb6 man lagi ila ipagamit namu. if banga ka mo program dead meat jud ang tool nimu kay dili man ka makapagawas sa expected result sa end-user then labi na jud ug walay life cycle ang imo finished product.
    btw im comfortable with vb6 so far mas daghan kog nabohat nga customized program using it...i wish i was a guru with delphi hehe also im making a move with dot net but seems mahal man mag development using .net not unless under the wings ka sa big company ok rana cya

Actually developing a software doesn't need a sophisticated tool. It all depends on the requirments. And if you feel like you can deliver the system using vb6 then y not use vb6 then. I've been using vb6 before for almost 5years and before gikan ko sa pascal, foxpro, turbo c, turbo basic I can't deny nga ang vb6 maoy niexcel sa market kay makita jud nga daghan ang nabuhi sa vb6. Hangtod karon maski nga ako gamit is java,csharp.net, vb.net, asp.net, i still need to consider the capabilities of vb6 na anytime naa jud cya gamit in software development. Although facing the reality nga if you belong to the clan of Information Technology, you really need to upgrade but it doesn't mean na kung unsa ang latest mao nlang jud ang imo gamiton pirmi. Tools are used for the comfort of 3 parties the developer, the user and the machine. Remember if you do good in programming, it doesn't mean that it's because you are using the latest tool but it's because you generated the correct logic suited for the scope of the system.

in reality any tool can be a disaster if there are undetected inconsistencies among requirements, designs, and implementations during iteration.

back to the topic.
    if you want to do it yourself then you must be knowledgeable in requirements analysis, systems analysis, systems developer, Automated/manual test engineering and release engineering. IMO this is all you need to develop a quality system.

Sus nganong lalison pa man ni?

There are different tools to serve different purposes. I used a variety - Java, C#, C++, C, Phyton, Perl, Tcl, Visual Basic.NET, F#, Objective C, Ruby, and Smalltalk. Surely I won't be programming my device drivers (kernel mode) and user mode device drivers in Java or C# or in Visual Basic. Nor would I program my business apps and high level logic/UI code in assembly language ... Each programming language is built for a particular purpose, every programmer should know that.

Just like golf - use a lot of clubs for different scenario/greens - pero usa ray tumong, to put the ball in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by tOrTfeaSoR
    Guys, ganahan unta ko kat-un himo program na pwede nimo magamit as POS-Point-of-Sale system. I'm not a computer course graduate but i tell u i learn fast. What do u think I should learn first?
    well and good bro that u are a fast learner, it will surely help you. but to be honest lang, mas dali jud nimo ma achieve if naa ka background sa IT/computers.. mas maayo jud imo skewlahan if mao na imong aim..

POS are not just a mere programming exercise.. say for example a simple program na mo print og "Hello world!" sa computer screen. know that a POS is like a complex program much like an operating system like windows/linux. also these are developed by companies like microsoft or group of individuals.. although kaya ni i one man show depending sa scope sa gamitan sa POS pero dili ni cya ingon ana kasayon..

sa skewlahan man gud bro at least u get to learn most programming languages na gpang gamit sa mga industry karon and with that knowledge ikaw na dayon mo decide which language is best suited for the type of POS/client nga imong himuon..

bro lisod ni cya kon la paka ka agi og database programming...well im not discouraging you hehe just go on my point is mas nindot naa naka na develop nga database bsan single tier like...data gathering etc...i guess POS will have to be 2 or more tier depende sa scope sa ibaligya

ayaw pa-discourage ani nila bro! hehehe... kaya na nimo. masking simple lang usa imo mabuhat nga POS. maskin dili sa complete and complex. basta at least naa ka mahuman nga project.

kung gusto ka dali ma-learn nga language then go for Visual Basic. If you want nga flexible kay naa sad ka plano later sa web go for Java. kung gusto ka more on industrial then go for C or C++.

but I think most of the POS systems are written in Visual Basic.

basta kaya na nimo bro!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast