View Poll Results: Uyon ba mi ibalik ang death penalty?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uyon

195 82.28%
  • Dili uyon

42 17.72%
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: DEATH PENALTY

I don't agree in the death penalty specially here in the Philippines. Punishing someone with death takes great responsibility. Who here honestly thinks that our beloved judicial process in the Philippines is responsible and has enough integrity for this?

OT: ang poll morag wla answer!!!! hehehehehehe!!!

im in favor of death penalty bec. it wud surely lessens the people who does henious crimes...!!!
    and there wud be warnings for those person who will plan to do such crimes!!!

daghan na kaayo line up sa death row.. pero si GMA dili ka buhat.. saon nalang.. pro death penalty..

my common observation is apparently the decision of who will live and who will die turns on arbitrary and unlawful factors such as the person being convicted, his/her connection or affiliation with officials..

is there any high-profile people committing heinous crime more than enough to be sentenced with capital punishment being subjected?
    is justice reached when we are discriminating against minorities in our death sentences?
    is justice reached when we are taking a chance of killing an innocent person?

with the kind of justice system we have here in the phils one which some has forgotten the role of the jury in representing the community.. i seriously think it's not gonna be feasible..

I am for the death penalty, especially the heinous crimes. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
    indeed.. and it will basically serves to perpetuate the cycle of violence and promote a sense of vengeance in our culture..

hmm..I understand giver_bert's case and I am also against the death penalty. But for me I don't see the death penalty as playing a part in the cycle of violence. The death penalty sends a message that those who commit mortal crimes will suffer fatal consequences. Now, would be killers would have to think more than just jail time and probably abandon any plans of taking someone's life, therefore stopping the violence.

What if inyuhang inahan gi-gang rape unya gi torture until namatay. Ok ra ninyo kung life imprisonment ra ang naka-sa? Ako di gyud ok.

slakker: understand ur point- i guess, pipol hu hav never been victims demselves of heinous crimes r quick 2 retort dat dey r against d death penalty. but 4 dos hu r d victims- d penalty of death is not even gud enuf.

korek! for the victims kulang pa gani na ang death penalty

If one needs to be a victim in order to agree with death penalty then you are not looking for justice but for revenge. I believe we are still talking about justice here. If it's revenge you want then the title of this poll should be "Ubusan ng Lahi: agree or disagree?" If we are to argue for the death penalty then we must use reasonable arguments and not just patronize the grief and anger of the victims.

GOD giveth, GOD taketh!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast