Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Dili kaau gamit ang concepts of limits sa calculus in programming. Mas gamit pa hinoon ang algebra -- linear algebra, abstract algebra -- some discrete math topics like sets, graphs, trees.

Kun maayo kag algebra. Hehe. Analyze the problem man gud imung pilmirong buhatan, nya solution dayon.

nalingaw pud ko basa sa mga comments dre..

to the T.S.

in my experience, yes, if you're good in math, you will definitely be good in programming. you have the edge.. but that edge is not just a simple advantage..

a good programmer who does not know mathematics may be able to use the functions provided in the API clearly well, probably as good as the programmer who does know mathematics.

but the real advantage is that the one who knows mathematics will not be dependent on the others who created the API anymore. I'm sure with the open source, the ordinary programmer can modify the code, but only if you truly understand the mathematics behind the code will you be able to modify it efficiently, not to mention that there are so many mathematical concepts out there that help you write your code better than ordinary programmer (in fact, the tips of good code writing is rooted in basic math practices)

math is not about special topics of interest like calculus or limits only.. it is everything number, that is math. if you're program does not require calculus/limits, then obviously you will have no need of that field of mathematics. but basically, all forms of programming require even the most basic mathematics. if you know the fundamental concepts underlying the mathematics behind it, you will be able to provide more robust and beautiful solutions/code compared to a hack-and-spaghetti-code type programmer..

in another way, you can rephrase your question to this sentence:
    if a programmer is good at programming, you will be surprised to find out its because he has very good foundations in math.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedes View Post
    nalingaw pud ko basa sa mga comments dre..

to the T.S.

in my experience, yes, if you're good in math, you will definitely be good in programming. you have the edge.. but that edge is not just a simple advantage..

a good programmer who does not know mathematics may be able to use the functions provided in the API clearly well, probably as good as the programmer who does know mathematics.

but the real advantage is that the one who knows mathematics will not be dependent on the others who created the API anymore. I'm sure with the open source, the ordinary programmer can modify the code, but only if you truly understand the mathematics behind the code will you be able to modify it efficiently, not to mention that there are so many mathematical concepts out there that help you write your code better than ordinary programmer (in fact, the tips of good code writing is rooted in basic math practices)

math is not about special topics of interest like calculus or limits only.. it is everything number, that is math. if you're program does not require calculus/limits, then obviously you will have no need of that field of mathematics. but basically, all forms of programming require even the most basic mathematics. if you know the fundamental concepts underlying the mathematics behind it, you will be able to provide more robust and beautiful solutions/code compared to a hack-and-spaghetti-code type programmer..

in another way, you can rephrase your question to this sentence:
    if a programmer is good at programming, you will be surprised to find out its because he has very good foundations in math.
    im 100% agree to that...mao na akong point sad, dili sa ingon nga memorize nimo ang formulas, the steps in solving but how you understand and quickly solve the problem man jud na, mao pud sa programming, mga banggiitan nga programmer kay kasagaran kahibaw pud magpalusot ug solutions sa math...then ang mga genius sa math, kamao pud magpalusot ug solutions sa programming.....

AdahhhH! tooou man mo ana!.... ako take 3 ko trigo sa CIT proud ko ana! hahaha nya take 2 calculus pa hahahah and take 2 physics pahh! hahaha pero i pass gyapon even take 3 ko... kay akong gi himoan ug Exploit ang mga teachers... so nag himo kog cheatsheets hahaha!...

course nko BSCS batch 2004 hehehe...

so mo ingon mog dapat maayo ka mo math para good in programming dli oi.... pero mo matter tingali gamay rapud! as long as u know how OOP works then shoot na.. cheatsheets nana! hahaha

not necessarily but logically yes..math and programming is the same in the sense that its not for books smart people..u have to have common sense and logical thinking to excel in both subjects..thus if ur good at math..u can "probably" excel in programming also..but still not relative

I strongly disagree.

OT: Saguli pud ug PolSci Skills ang inyong programming para dili mo ma priso.

Quote Originally Posted by rics zalved View Post
    im 100% agree to that...mao na akong point sad, dili sa ingon nga memorize nimo ang formulas, the steps in solving but how you understand and quickly solve the problem man jud na, mao pud sa programming, mga banggiitan nga programmer kay kasagaran kahibaw pud magpalusot ug solutions sa math...then ang mga genius sa math, kamao pud magpalusot ug solutions sa programming.....
    mao jud.. corelations ra jud ni..

tan-awa nang mga banggiitan sa programming, diba mga ngilngig pud na sila ug math..
    either maayo na sila ug math, or gikan sa programming, ila gi-develop ilang math foundation..

ScrapeBox Development softtouch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I completely disagree.
    I am good in math, and I wrote hundreds of programs, and never had use for any special math knowledge... I wrote games, and applications, and the only thing needed was a little logic and knowing the language, and that's it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast