Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone who like UNIX? LINUX?

Quote Originally Posted by vern
    The source code and the freedom to change the code to fit one's needs is a big reason for a company to use Linux, but the money is not in the software, it is in the support for the software. You obviously did not understand my post.
    Sakto. But ang questions kung maka-afford ka sa price for having a support? I am talking here about free softwares not a pirated one.

Linux or nothing.

OT:
    hahay naa napud ni linux vs windows nga istorbot. ang simple nga tubag ana.. depende ra na sa inyo gamit uy. hala pag enjoy mo kudkud sa inyo linux/unix diha while mag enjoy ko ug dula games sa pyuter .. i wonder how many of these linux users are actually using linux right now posting on istorya. hmm

Quote Originally Posted by [DSX
    ]
    i wonder how many of these linux users are actually using linux right now posting on istorya. hmm
    Include me in the list haahhaha...
    I have used Linux and open source as long if not longer than many of you.
    amen to that :mrgreen:

Actually guys no need to argue which is better because for me the bottom line is that, we as a users has the flexibility to work diff environment that suits for a particular job. I was lucky enough to have been expose to linux since the late 90's but never really adopted it until the 2.4 kernel was released. I still use windows on some of my support and off course whenever I play my fave games.

ALONE:Hated and Punished

Quote Originally Posted by [DSX
    ]
    OT:
    i wonder how many of these linux users are actually using linux right now posting on istorya. hmm
    Include me also.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

I'll be the first to admit that as a main desktop, I don't use Linux. I prefer windows as a desktop and I have very limited experience on a Linux desktop, KDE/Gnome/etc. However, I run many Linux systems via CLI both co-located and physical. I learned Linux through one of the many old school sysadmins in Cebu and through trial and error. When I started Linux, Gnome and KDE were far from what they are right now. I prefer the CLI, like I said, if I wanted Windows, I'd use Windows, and that I do.

I'll be the first to admit that as a main desktop, I don't use Linux. I prefer windows as a desktop and I have very limited experience on a Linux desktop, KDE/Gnome/etc. However, I run many Linux systems via CLI both co-located and physical. I learned Linux through one of the many old school sysadmins in Cebu and through trial and error. When I started Linux, Gnome and KDE were far from what they are right now. I prefer the CLI, like I said, if I wanted Windows, I'd use Windows, and that I do.
    Sakto.

Linux is more on CLI. Especially for the sysadmin na mag-remote login sa Linux Servers.

But I don't play games, so I prefer Linux over Windows.

LINUX jud!!!
    Countless off-topics. you already said you prefer Linux. NUFF SAID. Don't you have anything better to post than that?

Quote Originally Posted by daserock
    LINUX jud!!!
    Sakto. Linux jud sa mga tawo na dili ka-afford sa mga licenses and royalty fees sa mga proprietary softwares.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast