Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Web-Programming Or Software Development"

check with worldtech bro, they have training for web development and ceritification, just email them at *********************************@gmail.com or call 4120969 or visit there website Worldtech Information Solutions

TS kanang nag.una nko ug post sakto jud au na cla...dependi rajud na nmu kung unsa imo gusto...ang web dev ug software dev...puro man na uso run...

agree jud koh bro! hehehe.. uso jud ang duha.. web dev lang usa ko krn.. heheh

TS kung nahan ka ug makat-on on both worlds choose Java. no question ask. Java has more flavors to choose from i.e from desktop to web to mobile. at least the core language "Java" is there and you'll just add some technologies to make it happen. for web development core technologies: java/jee. of course add more like spring, struts, jsf, hibernate, ejb, jpa, and lot more. that means you need to study more technologies. and also, there are lot of jobs for Java/JEE dev.

If you want to be a web developer to make easy money and most company here in cebu are using them try PHP/MySQL combination.

If you want to be a web developer that is easy learn, less code, robust and the community are growing twofold than other technologies try Ruby on Rails. Not much company are using it here in cebu but has plenty of opportunities abroad. I have 2 former colleagues were pirated by the client in US and Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by monroy View Post
    Old school na ang PHP.. actually if you really want to know programming, and not just web scripting, better to learn Python, Ruby on Rails, .Net or J2EE kai makaton jud ka sa object oriented programming techniques which you can apply to other kinds of programming.

Kung PHP ra jud ka, kutob ra ka sa scripting di nimo ma develop ang disiplina sa mga tinood nga mga programmer. Python is a good language to learn for beginners but for work I'm using RoR. Importante pod ang javascript arun ma Web 2.0 imong site kai mao ni ang uso karon e.g. facebook.

There's not much difference between web and app programming if you're using object oriented language/database. Skills are easily transferrable. Naa man gali intranet app, where they use web framework to develop business applications. And now there's cloud programming and internet apps that act like real business apps.
    I totally agree with this. Pero TS nindot kbw ka ug web dev pang sideline2x/ freelance

mas maau kamao ka sa duha...web ug software dev....

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    ako e requote ha.. nya bold pa gyud.. para sa mga wala kabalo... karon kabalo namo para dli namo mo ingon..

if web kai php or unsa pana dha... any programming language that could write text pwde pang web.. lol.. cgi baby!
    I think na miss interpret nimo ang giingon ni cebugdev. The whole sentence was:

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    example: you just canot develop a multiplayer 3d game using PHP or a commercial website with C++ easily (take note with the word "easily" -- you can develop web app using C++ or any language, eg for this is using ISAPI extensions).
    It's actually a negation. C++ can be used to develop web apps but that does not mean it's the ideal tool for the job. It's just like saying you want to reinvent the wheel so you can have a wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by moodsey211 View Post
    I think na miss interpret nimo ang giingon ni cebugdev. The whole sentence was:

It's actually a negation. C++ can be used to develop web apps but that does not mean it's the ideal tool for the job. It's just like saying you want to reinvent the wheel so you can have a wagon.
    lol.. whoever said that it's easy to develop website in C++?

ako rang gi requote iyang gi ingon... kai most kiddies wala gyud kabalo...

try to scan mga posts dire nga forum dba daghan kai mo ana...

"web programming na ang uso karon... php.. asp.net.. blah2x".. come on..

another thing or things... in case you didn't know..

1. c++ is not ideal for web that's why facebook developed this: HipHop for PHP: Move Fast - Facebook Developers (haha). There are times that you need to develop in low level to boost performance.

2. apache - one of the popular web servers which powers web applications. How do you write extensions?

3. interpreters - popular languages for web development (python, ruby, php). probably they are written in C/C++. And again there are times that you need to write extensions which is better written in C/C++.

"Sometimes you need to re-invent a better wheel"

Software dev/engineer ko before 4yrs , then bago lng ko nag web dev. mag 2 na hapit. kinaham jud na nko ang C/C++. pero kana laging ma abtan tag boredom satong gbuhat, not that kay way challenge ang prog. language, but kani laging mag maintain nlng tag "legacy" systems permi, nya wa nay bagong projs. ni decide kog shift to web dev.

So far sakong pag web developer, okihan ko, daghan kog bagong ma kat-onan everytime.

If its trending you ask, I give a slight edge to web dev.
    but still, it all goes down to personal preference.

in regards of the question... this might be helpful katong gusto mag web dvelper and dbase or app programmer...

Hi people... I was starting as a dbase and app programmer... and became now a web developer...

kani man gud programming... dili gyud tanan taw na mo fit ani... naa gyud na qualification para mahimo ka na programmer as a person....

first... you must have a determination... 2nd you must be patient.... 3rd.... you have very good analytical skills.... and lastly the very most important....you know how to market yourself to be a successful web/app/dbase programmer... kay daghan na kaayo ka competensiya around the world... actually taas kaayo ni na discussion about qualification i'll just explain it briefly...

og katong gusto mahimong Website developer.... you should have a background about programming kay php syntax asp syntax perl and so on pariha ra og structure naka lahi lang syntax once you have that... believe me gamay na lang gyud og adjustment sa web matter ang imong na lang i puno creative and design....

ang uban website development companies mo hire sila og programmer and graphics artist... kay lisod kaayo mangita og taw na kamao og both programming and design...

kung gusto ka mo master og joomla og wordpress... puwede ra sad na... but take note of this.... kung mao na imo masteron... you are not consider as a Website Developer... unless mo gamit ka ana...and then you alter the function and make your own plug-in...that will consider you website developer....

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast