Page 5 of 284 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Things I hate people do when they are inside the jeepney

Quote Originally Posted by yokam
    Public transportation. So that means people should not feel as if they're at home and should be considerate to others.

Key word: Consideration
    It works both ways. Which is why it's PUBLIC. If consideration was prime, they should have made "Ride Only if You are Well-Groomed and Have Good Manners Holiness and well-Bred Transportation", which I'm afraid, does NOT exist.

But yes, I guess it's just a matter of posting a sign inside a jeepney that says "PLEASE KEEP QUIET" or "PLEASE OBSERVE PROPER DECORUM WHILE INSIDE THIS VEHICLE" just like "NO SMOKING" signs (which, in some instances, keep on getting ignored).

-RODION

kna hair sa girl na mapalid sa imo face
    GRRRRRR

live wid it.. its a PUJ.. go get a cab

Quote Originally Posted by darkside76x
    live wid it.. its a PUJ.. go get a cab
    i agree to this one..

people talking so loud as if they are the only people riding in the jeepney

Quote Originally Posted by SioDenz
    kana mga taga call center uban nga mag cge ininglis, nya kusog pa jud kaayu...unya imu paminawun ila istorya, mga Trainees pa diay, Faeeeeettt..

i am from a callcenter and sometimes i notice these kind of people inside the PUJ. im not against them but how i wish they can leave their tounges on the floor not outside... callcenter people are already tagged as 'hilas" and one day millionaires to the general public... i wish people would correct that. (don't let our payslips get into our heads guys)

Blog Entries

If whatever their doing (i.e. being noisy in jeepneys) helps them in the following manner:

a) helps them improve their jobs (i.e. they feel they are "practicing" or "rehearsing" or something)

b) allows them to vent because their job/boss sucks

c) allows them to feel "important" in the span of a few minutes (feeling gwapo or gwapa because they are speaking in English)

then I'm ok with that--naay sagol nga pity towards them in fact (but I don't necessarily show this pity towards them, they will eventually realize it man pod in the future, hopefully)--I mean, I honestly think people who complain about other people have deeply etched psychological issues themselves. I believe one's own measure of contentedness or "happiness" or "sane-ness" is directly proportional on how tolerant one can be of other people's behavior--I simply think it's a total waste of time to problemize about other people's quirks--there's so many otherthings to do in this world, and I have better things to do with my thoughts. and thus a call-trainee's incessant yapping in broken English beside me in the jeepney is nothing...it is insignificant to my life, compared to whatever I have going on in my brain, so why should it matter to me? Nganong himantayon man mo kaayo sa other people--is that how insignificant the events in your own life are, that other people's talking and actions become significant to you? If so, I do pity you.

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky
    If whatever their doing (i.e. being noisy in jeepneys) helps them in the following manner:

a) helps them improve their jobs (i.e. they feel they are "practicing" or "rehearsing" or something)

b) allows them to vent because their job/boss sucks

c) allows them to feel "important" in the span of a few minutes (feeling gwapo or gwapa because they are speaking in English)

then I'm ok with that--naay sagol nga pity towards them in fact (but I don't necessarily show this pity towards them, they will eventually realize it man pod in the future, hopefully)--I mean, I honestly think people who complain about other people have deeply etched psychological issues themselves. I believe one's own measure of contentedness or "happiness" or "sane-ness" is directly proportional on how tolerant one can be of other people's behavior--I simply think it's a total waste of time to problemize about other people's quirks--there's so many otherthings to do in this world, and I have better things to do with my thoughts. and thus a call-trainee's incessant yapping in broken English beside me in the jeepney is nothing...it is insignificant to my life, compared to whatever I have going on in my brain, so why should it matter to me? Nganong himantayon man mo kaayo sa other people--is that how insignificant the events in your own life are, that other people's talking and actions become significant to you? If so, I do pity you.

-RODION

so you mean to say you are only thinking of your own existence? not minding the people around you. i notice you keep using the word I in your sentences. these is probably the same exact symptom that the people who are unaware that they trampling on other people have...

"himantayon" is a very powerful/broad word and infact i think civilizations are made and revolutionize because of such a word. my armchair philosophy tells me that it is the reason why we have laws in our land. being "himantayon" made what differs bad from good and we are bound by such a norm. yes there are a lot to do in this lifetime... too much to be exact...

rodion i admire your vast knowledge and the rigouros times you stayed with your philosophy books but try to notice the people around you if they are ok.

-cornbip

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rdyteves

so you mean to say you are only thinking of your own existence? not minding the people around you. i notice you keepm using the word I in your sentences. these is probably the same exact symptom that the people who are unaware that they trampling on other people have... "himantayon" is a very powerful word and infact i think civilizations are made and revolutionize because of such a word. my armchair philosophy tell me that what the eye sees is less than what he hears. yes there are a lot to do in this lifetime... too much to be exact...
    You are trying to make it seem as if my act of "minding my own self" as being selfish or being negative or bad attitude. But we have to take it into context here. The issue here is not me having to be trampling towards other people. The issue here is on one's tolerance level towards other people's behaviour.

You mean you're now blaming me for "trampling" when in fact I'm one of those people who are more tolerant towards people who talk loudly in jeepneys? Shakes head. Dunno how you arrived that that conclusion, just because I keep using "I" doesn't label me as one who cannot tolerate.

LOL why do you conclude that my thoughts and ideas come from "philosophy books?" I'm 36 and I've lived a rather tumultuous life--in that life are lessons which I have learned to gnaw and chew properly, because they are things that happen to me (sometimes abruptly and unexpected) and I have to deal with them and share the outcome of my decisions to people--thus my views are more the product of experience, rather that what I've read in some obscure, imaginary "philosophy book". And believe me, if I do not observe and listen to people around me, do you think I would've come to my conclusions as easily as I have done? Most of my conclusions come from personal observation and analysis, which brings me to a wonderful point--being aware of the self and constantly concentrating on the self does not necessarily imply that one is totally mindless of the world around him/herself...in fact sometimes, there is even a deeper sense of awareness that arises from one's inner contemplation, and in my experience, the key to finding this out, is simply tolerance.

-RODION

yeah level of tolerance towards these acts... so let me ask you this... on a scale of 1-10 how much is your level tolerance towards this? i believe you will just keep quiet and shakes your head right?

i guess the very purpose for me starting the thread is to raise awareness and vent off what i felt.(other people too) yesterday i started this thread because of such a reoccurring incident every morning to make other people know that someone in line with you in that 8 by 1 ft chair that you are seating on every morning minds what you do.

ofcourse nobody has the guts to tell them to stop what they are doing.it is their right by the way. i guess the level of tolerance we have are all the same but some people would want to find ways to let other people know that they do [b]mind.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 284 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast