Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Panic Attack, anyone?!

i experienced it once when i heard a very bad news that struck me like crazy. like Luthienne, after i experienced it, it just comes out of the blue whenever the thought comes up. mine is of very mild nature that i don't consider it as a diagnosis; i pretty much ignore it for the most part. i experience the most common signs like feeling sweaty, increased heart rate/palpitations, chills...etc.. i guess one factor that triggered it is the fact that i was a non-stop worrier before.. i worry about stuffs even the slightest things. every little thing i encounter that needs to be worried about, i worry everyday until it gets solved.

ako pud kay for no reason, i just turn cold, I get chills, get goosebumps, butterflies den it's like the walls are closing in. I can't remember what triggered it for me but im glad nawala ra.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes
    i guess one factor that triggered it is the fact that i was a non-stop worrier before.. i worry about stuffs even the slightest things. every little thing i encounter that needs to be worried about, i worry everyday until it gets solved.
    nah mau jud na, too much worrying jud ang common trigger ani. ako chronic worrier ko before. now i learn to deal with my worries. besides, i've learned that most of the things we worry wont happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bisaya70
    A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming fear that comes without warning and without any obvious reason. It is far more intense than the feeling of being 'stressed out' that most people experience. Symptoms of a panic attack include:

racing heartbeat
    difficulty breathing, feeling as though you 'can't get enough air'
    terror that is almost paralyzing
    dizziness, lightheadedness or nausea
    trembling, sweating, shaking
    choking, chest pains
    hot flashes, or sudden chills
    tingling in fingers or toes ('pins and needles')
    fear that you're going to go crazy or are about to die
    I have been experiencing most of these symptoms since I was a child. Pero usually mahitabo ni when I am stressed or when I am sick. Usually kay mahitabo ni when I am asleep. Nya makamata ko nga mura kog mamatay. Grabe ka terrifying and troubled ang murag nightmare nga akong ma experience sometimes.

Karon pa baya ko ka hear aning panic attack. I hope dili ni panic attack akoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Khitty
    i used to have panic attack. and everytme i have it it really feels like im about to have a heart attact. before i knew it was panic attack i thought i had some kind of a heart disease and the thought of having a heart disease even made my panic attack worst.
    Nagtuo pud ko nga naa koy heart problem. Nagpa 2d echo pud ko tungod ani. Everything was normal. Naa lang koy mild tricuspid regurgitation. As per the doctor, okay lang daw na. Many people who have it live a normal life. I had no idea about this panic attack thingy until today.

Quote Originally Posted by chukchak

i was in the US then... am now back in Cebu (for good).
    Makapa lonely jud bitaw kung layo ka sa family. When I was in the US pud maski for a few weeks lang kay nakadevelop ko didto ug certain fear. Irrational kaayo to. Di gud mawagtang ang akong fear maski naa ko atubangan sa akong friends. Nahadlok ko mamatay ato. Wala ra ba juy reason nganong mahadlok ko. Hug ra jud ang nakapawagtang ato nga fear nako on that night. Maayo gani kay the week after that nibalik nami dire sa cebu.

my way of dealing with it: deep breaths and happy thoughts

naa ba tendency na mobalik ang panic attack maski u haven't had it for pila na ka years?

Quote Originally Posted by soreal
    naa ba tendency na mobalik ang panic attack maski u haven't had it for pila na ka years?
    you could experience it over and over again even if you haven't been experiencing it for a long time. pero the key is, you know how to deal with it na if ever mubalik man gani. so it wouldn't be too intense this time around. just learn how to deal with it well.

haskang! nag ka panic attack pud tingali ko.

these past days, naka sulay ko ug sama sa mga symptoms nga gi post dire.

The first was late last year. Nikalit ra man to. I was sleeping when suddenly nakamata ko. I felt like there was something going on somewhere in me, something is racing or raging...ambot. Gikulbaan ko nga wala ko kasabot ug ngano. Murag akong hunahuna kay naay nag dahunog nga nga naghagong...unya nahadlok ko nga mo collapse ang atop/kisame sa akong kwarto...nga mapiit ko and ngitngit kaayo...nga i cannot move any body part...only my eyes can talk in total darkness...nga I can hear rescuers but dili ko ka siyagit...kafaet! I was just lying staring at the ceiling...I tried changing position, kulob, hayang, takilid...the thoughts will not go away! so nibarog ko, turned on the lights. nagpaso-paso sa ako bedroom. still wala gihapon nawala. I drank a glass of cold water, nangihi, tan-aw TV(naa pa may nag broadcast), read mags/books...pastilan, wala gihapon mawala. Siguro kadtong pag read na ko ug mags ni anam na to ug kawala. Kay paghigda na ko ug balik, lights turned off...nakatulog ra man ko ug balik.

The next day, I tried searching and understanding what happened that night. I ask my friend about my experience..and he said I might be experiencing PA. Browse ko sa internet...murag PA gyud tingali to. It occurred at least 3x or 4x since adtong last year nga first attack. I thought nga tingalig gi heart attack na ko...when I get my bloodpressure(digital wrist monitor) kada attack, OK ra man...less than 120/80 pa man gani. I am taking a doctor prescribed maintenance medication LIFECZAR(hypertension) and ESSENTIALE(fatty liver). I then remembered seeing a NatGeo program on building collapse with a survivor trapped for 15days. Duda ko usa to sa naka pa trigger sa ako hunahuna on "trapped, helpless and in total darkness".

I saw again on discovery channel last week an episode on trapped rescuers sa 911 twin tower attacks. Kadtong duha sila kabuok police officers nga natabunan....so far, after ani nga viewing...wala pa nibalik si PA. I hope dili na.

I have not referred it yet to a doctor. Tingali this week, inig balik na pud nako sa amo company doctor for a check-up.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast