Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by <SMILE> View Post
    They will be scammed because they are so flaunting enticing people about how rich their country is and how much money they possess. If they are young and showing love towards the filipinas I guess the story might be different. For me they are just old dirty farts who wishes to exploit the situation in the philippines preying with the country's young women. Please extend my middle finger for them.
    i think this is generalizing it too much what you are saying is that since they are old they are incapable of love
    i have met a few of them you call as "old farts" and they are nice people, they love their filipina wives so much
    this bill just doesn't guarantee any protection to anyone, its like saying if the person has the financial capacity its impossible for them to abuse our fellowmen
    i know of a foreigner who complains so much about our extended family arrangements
    but did he leave the wife beat her up or kicked her out?
    nope
    he just complains about it, still professes his love for her
    and continues to spend for the extended family
    mind you complains yes, but still very happy
    prefers to stays in our country

scammers come in all forms no amount of bill or law will stop them
    sometimes even exerting so much effort to be careful
    and you still end up being scammed

i know of a happy pinay married to a poor foreigner...still happy
    i know of a foreigner who got so broke due to a goldiggin wife...this one pinay is happy foreigner went home

also i have a question for everyone
    pinay marries foreigner for love, money AND opportunity, OLD foreigner marries for comfort. no maltreatment/abuse is done during the marriage

is this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjohn View Post
    i think this is generalizing it too much what you are saying is that since they are old they are incapable of love
    i have met a few of them you call as "old farts" and they are nice people, they love their filipina wives so much
    this bill just doesn't guarantee any protection to anyone, its like saying if the person has the financial capacity its impossible for them to abuse our fellowmen
    i know of a foreigner who complains so much about our extended family arrangements
    but did he leave the wife beat her up or kicked her out?
    nope
    he just complains about it, still professes his love for her
    and continues to spend for the extended family
    mind you complains yes, but still very happy
    prefers to stays in our country

scammers come in all forms no amount of bill or law will stop them
    sometimes even exerting so much effort to be careful
    and you still end up being scammed

i know of a happy pinay married to a poor foreigner...still happy
    i know of a foreigner who got so broke due to a goldiggin wife...this one pinay is happy foreigner went home

also i have a question for everyone
    pinay marries foreigner for love, money AND opportunity, OLD foreigner marries for comfort. no maltreatment/abuse is done during the marriage

is this wrong?
    Please do understand that the bill is general in application, it is meant to protect, can you assure me that all of these foreigners do have that ideal intention?. I could say that this bill is against to those who I have mentioned as old farts. Hey!!! we should protect our women foreigners are not that perfect some of them do have that what they call s3x tours posing as supposed potential husband, we should know the background of these personalities, otherwise with the wrong hands our women will just end up as toys.

of course this law is implying that maltreatment of Filipina women is exclusive to Foreign men who DON'T have financial capacity. This law is bull. I've seen not-so-well off Western men who marry Filipinas and they will go to great extent for their wives, one of them used to be a Klansman--aside from giving them better opportunities to support their families at home. You know one of those love stories nga kuwang nalang ug Air Supply soundtrack to put tears in any man's eyes...
    On the other side of the coin, I've also seen rich white men who are just plain scum to their wives. This a lazily conceived law that only addresses the superficial context of the "problem". Instead of making a law that prevents a would-be douche from marrying a Filipina, why don't they just become more proactive in empowering Filipinas and raising awareness about the issue--you know make them less susceptible to being bamboozled.

On a side note, let's avoid being too prejudiced. Prejudice is the root of all the problems in this world.
    Last edited by æRLO; 09-10-2014 at 08:44 AM.

How could anybody be so devoid of common sense? Personal matters should be left alone. Theres no one size fits all solution, its gest to leave the decision to the real stakeholders, the foreigner and filipina.

5.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456