Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default SineBuano

tan awon lang nako... i have class that time.

but i have a long-assed break every tuesdays, today in fact from 1230pm to 430 in the afternoon.

Default SineBuano

Quote Originally Posted by MrBiddle
    tan awon lang nako... i have class that time.

but i have a long-assed break every tuesdays, today in fact from 1230pm to 430 in the afternoon.
    MrBiddle,

I am only relatively free on Wednesdays.

Natabunan na hinoon da ang akong challenge ni pnoize2k4 to a friendly debate that as "SineBuano executive director, he will not be able to bring this organization anywhere (but down the sinkhole)". Get back to that post above this, please.

Default SineBuano

Quote Originally Posted by Blongkoy
    SineBuano,

I challenge to a friendly debate pnoize2k4 that "under his leadership as executive director, SineBuano is not going anywhere".

Mr. Bernard Villamor can moderate us on language, fallacies and irrelevance.

SineBuano is a serious business. It must, therefore, be run by one who understands the business of filmmaking, appreciates the vision of SineBuano and is competent enough to run the organization of creative people.

I am not eyeing the position of Executive Director and will be declining any offer of it. I want this to be very clear from the very beginning.

I am also open to anyone within SineBuano who would want to pick the cudgels up for pnoize2k4.
    Blongkoy,

I will not accept your challenge for the simple fact that I see no point in this "friendly" debate. The decisions made by SineBuano are not solely mine. Though I maybe the most vocal, SineBuano has always been a group effort.

The position of Executive Director is only on paper. In fact aside from my position there is no other administrative position in SineBuano. I only suggest to the core members the schedules that can be followed, I do not dictate what SineBuano should do or which path SineBuano should take.

To tell you frankly, we all felt that your resignation from SineBuano was a loss to the group. But we did not choose to stay at a dark corner and sob, we chose to move on. You chose to leave the group, we did not make you leave.

If you remember, even after your resignation to SineBuano you were still allowed access to the forum up until you started making harsh remarks to its members which prompted the administrator to discontinue your access. Yesterday, I had asked vern to moderate the thread "Istoryan Writers" because I felt that the innocence of the thread was tarnished by our exchange.

We are slowly but surely making progress and criticism, challenges and other distractions from people outside the group is the last thing we need.

You can say anything you want about me or how I "lead" SineBuano, but whatever happens to SineBuano it'll be because the group chooses to be that way and will not be the fault of one man.

I apologize but I am not in the habit of feeding a person's ego. This will be the last time I will reply to this topic, I have better things to do.

silverstein_3

Default how to join?

hello! i am a film enthusiast and a budding scriptwriter. a friend of mine referred me to your group. could you please give me some information as to how to proceed with an application to join sinebuano?

but yeah, i'm really glad to hear that cebuanos are finally taking the initiative to bring to life the movie industry in cebu and the visayas! can't wait to get the cameras rolling!

thanks a bunch!

*janice=)

Default SineBuano

silverstein_3: you can get in touch with me through 0920-9121543 or email us at sinebuano@istorya.net

Default SineBuano

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize2k4
    SineBuano,

I challenge to a friendly debate pnoize2k4 that "under his leadership as executive director, SineBuano is not going anywhere".

Mr. Bernard Villamor can moderate us on language, fallacies and irrelevance.

SineBuano is a serious business. It must, therefore, be run by one who understands the business of filmmaking, appreciates the vision of SineBuano and is competent enough to run the organization of creative people.

I am not eyeing the position of Executive Director and will be declining any offer of it. I want this to be very clear from the very beginning.

I am also open to anyone within SineBuano who would want to pick the cudgels up for pnoize2k4.
    Blongkoy,

I will not accept your challenge for the simple fact that I see no point in this "friendly" debate. The decisions made by SineBuano are not solely mine. Though I maybe the most vocal, SineBuano has always been a group effort.

The position of Executive Director is only on paper. In fact aside from my position there is no other administrative position in SineBuano. I only suggest to the core members the schedules that can be followed, I do not dictate what SineBuano should do or which path SineBuano should take.

To tell you frankly, we all felt that your resignation from SineBuano was a loss to the group. But we did not choose to stay at a dark corner and sob, we chose to move on. You chose to leave the group, we did not make you leave.

If you remember, even after your resignation to SineBuano you were still allowed access to the forum up until you started making harsh remarks to its members which prompted the administrator to discontinue your access. Yesterday, I had asked vern to moderate the thread "Istoryan Writers" because I felt that the innocence of the thread was tarnished by our exchange.

We are slowly but surely making progress and criticism, challenges and other distractions from people outside the group is the last thing we need.

You can say anything you want about me or how I "lead" SineBuano, but whatever happens to SineBuano it'll be because the group chooses to be that way and will not be the fault of one man.

I apologize but I am not in the habit of feeding a person's ego. This will be the last time I will reply to this topic, I have better things to do.
    pnoize2k4,

Be a little more positive about life. By debating whether or not you can lead SineBuano is one that will allow us all to distill what is that needed to be able to contribute the revival of Cebuano/Visayan film industry.

Frankly, I find it very difficult to debate with you on that subject. I will have to eat back a lot of words; if you recall, I almost railroaded the entire SineBuano sensitivity --- which I know was very bad --- to bring you into that leadership status. But, then, we all do commit errors at certain point in time.

If you do not want that subject, perhaps we can do something that will educate us all --- we can for example start with the "auteur theory --- whether or not it can stand scrutiny". But, then, that will be very academic.

I know you are very well protected by some iSTORYA.NET gods. And I expect myself to be removed from iSTORYA.NET anytime now. However, my challenge still stands and also I am open to anyone within either SineBuano or iSTORYA.NET god regimes willing to pick up the cudgels for you. Frankly, no matter how much you rationalize your position as Executive Director, if will still be your responsibility to explain later why you fail to hack it. Better, still, prove me wrong and bring SineBuano to the realm it was thought for at the beginning of the effort. You cannot just say you are alone and this and that. Don't be scared; if you know your job, you know how to wiggle-waggle out of certain situations.

Let you and I debate. Para makita ang katag --- in Cebuano.

Default SineBuano

excuse me ... i may not be a member of the sinebuano but allow me to share my opinion...

debate? hmmm sounds gud ... but dnt u think its kinda destructive word? debate for me is about battle of principle of the mature guys that in the end it will let u decide ur self on who will win and which side are u in ... just like the katipunan's bonifacio vs aguinaldo in the end the katipunan is a failure(i consider it as it is) ... how about using the word brainstorming with this it would sounds constructive word, brainstorming in the end creates strong foundation or perhaps goals for a certain group to succeed rather than torning it apart or destroying it.

opinion lang po ....

anyways i hope i can see some of ur films someday in the silver screen ... u know wat i mean ... the higher level thing ... may be force be with you

Default SineBuano

M@rvin:

Points well taken.

So may I now invite this pnoize2k4 to a brainstroming session through a thread that he and I may yet create for it? Or anyone from SineBuano willing to pick up the cudgels for him?

All for the good of SineBuano!!!

Default SineBuano

Some trivia:

1. Who is Abel Gance?

2. Who are the producers for international release of Akira Korusawa's "Kagemusha"?

3. What happened to the film by Werner Herzog titled "Fitzcarraldo"?

Know the answers to these and you can very well call yourself filmmaker.
    OMG! I don't know the answers........my life is ruined....

Default SineBuano, you have digressed!

SineBuano,

For the first time last night, I as part of its advisory council attended the meeting called by Mowelfund for its planned Cebuano Film Festival this coming Janaury 2005.

My immediate reaction listening to the proceedings is that SineBuano has sadly missed the train of opportunity, indicating the possibility that your organization has terribly retrogressed, practically dead for all intent and purposes. Now don't tell me this is what you all want --- as the logic of your executive director would have it.

It is clear SineBuano is not in anyway involved in anything necessary for the success of the Cebuano Film Festival. Bien Fernandez, who obviously hastily set-up STCine and UPelikula, is credited in this Festival as the head of a coalition of film efforts in Cebu and is in-charge of the Event section of the Festival. And Ron Heni Tan, as the Executive Producer (my language). Both gentlemen has already done quite a good deal in the Festival effort.

What SineBuano sadly missed in this effort is in the understanding of and future participation of Cebuano Film Festival Inc. (emphasis is on the Inc.). It does not take much thinking --- only basic understanding --- to see that the significance of the Mowelfund exercise is the institutionalization of a Cebuano film niche via the institutionalized Cebuano Film Festival Inc. This means that all future Cebu or Cebuano Film Festival will be under the auspices of what later be known as Cebuano Film Festival Inc. It may yet be this organization which will enable the revival of the Cebuano/Visayan film industry via the efforts of Cebu Film Society of Ron Tan and the groupings of Bien Fernandez. And to think that SineBuano prepared for this engagement as early as 18 months ago. SineBuano is not even mentioned in the draft copies of press releases, now with Bob Lim of Tagulilong.

I wish Ron Tan all the success. But it is very likely that he might yet encounter difficulties in the fund raising aspect of his job. He is new in a town of very clanish individuals. In SineBuano, this would have been much easier done --- by commissioning the father of your senior member Satoy who almost singlehandedly found the money and logistics for the Santander big event of Sanayon Festival. Commissioning? Yes, this is like Bien Fernandez getting 40%, Nick Deocampo 40%, and Ron Tan 20% of the net of the proceeds of the Cebuano Film Festival. The difference would have been these individuals to throw these percentages back into the Cebuano Film Festival group to capitalize its institutionalization.

Jurly and Doreen was in that meeting. But they chose to stay in a corner and not say anything until I left for another engagement.

Perhaps, it is not yet too late for SineBuano to get notice in this important event of the Cebuano/Visayan film effort. And it is to find and obtain for exhibition the showing of films "Alma Bonita", "Sabrina" and "Mayor Andal" via Antonio "Boy" Dy Productions that has the first two in its possession. I know where to find them and can lead you there; if you do not want to do this because you now have been fully marginalized in the Cebuano/Visayan film scene, I will do this myself as my personal contribution to the Event. In fact, right now I have in my possession a 16mm copy of a Gene Labella classic "Mayor Andal."

There.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast