Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by thisbe.ara
    It is always an honor to mingle with writers, and successful ones at that...
    I am looking forward for more...

i am really not into script writing but I sure am interested to learn..
    hail to Blongkoy... that's a big list you got there, and m sure it's growing...
    thisbe.ara,

Modesty aside, I admit this is quite a large list. But I did not earn this for a day. It grew as I grew older. In your case, once you become as old as I am now, I am sure your own list will be as large, if not larger.

OT--- Are we talking about the same Crashburn in some post above this? If we are, he is a first cousin. His mother is the youngest. My father is the oldest in their family.

P.S. --- Once we get moving, I will bring in on a regular monthly basis writers like Resil Mojares and/or Jun Dumdum for pep talks. Pico Iyer is also a regular visitor of Jun Dumdum --- and if he is in town, I will ask Jun to sneak him to us for his craft.

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebuang
    i'm not really a writer, per se... but i do write... it's one of my ways to "try" and express my thoughts, ideas, emotions (or what passes for my emotions...)... it's one way of trying to deal with my sanity, too... so there. urk...

i'm not good and i haven't been awarded anything... i like to write and that's that.

thisbe.ara, Blongx: let's talk about getting this going... i need training and workshops... hehehe i need to learn from you guys! weeeeeeeeeeeee~ im so excited... let's talk about this during the EB...
    what say you?
    reggiebuang,

When I went for a higher discipline through teaching (only for a short while), I used to advice my students to write and write for the wastebasket. This was, when I was a student myself, the same advice given to me by my dear departed mother.

I will be somewhere else in Cebu Province during your planned EB. And I will be out of the country starting December 10. But, yes, let us talk about this group and get this moving well.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

@reggiebuang: i've been reading your posts at graffiti and i believe you write well for someone who's "not really a writer".. hehehe..
    @blongkoy: well, i really admire your list and i dream of growing my own list as well.. although my writing skills need to be sharpened.. it has been put aside for a long time.. i'm pretty much excited with this grouping of writers. and i do hope you could bear with me.. teach me like i'm a grade one student!
    OT: crashburn? yes.. he's the same person.. :inlove: we talked about you na.. don't worry, wala pa namang bad things. hehhee.. anyway, hope to see you all this coming EB!
    and i do hope the istoryan writers (by profession or by heart) will join this thread..

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by thisbe.ara
    @reggiebuang: i've been reading your posts at graffiti and i believe you write well for someone who's "not really a writer".. hehehe..
    @blongkoy: well, i really admire your list and i dream of growing my own list as well.. although my writing skills need to be sharpened.. it has been put aside for a long time.. i'm pretty much excited with this grouping of writers. and i do hope you could bear with me.. teach me like i'm a grade one student!
    OT: crashburn? yes.. he's the same person.. :inlove: we talked about you na.. don't worry, wala pa namang bad things. hehhee.. anyway, hope to see you all this coming EB!
    and i do hope the istoryan writers (by profession or by heart) will join this thread..
    thisbe.ara,

I am not worried over anything bad if at all there is one.

I just wanted to be sure there are possibilities we could also be first cousins one day.

Movies, to me, is like eating; I could not watch one without company. Writing is like drinking; I will be dead in a few days if I don't do it.

When we get organized, I will see to it I can play an active role. For example, I will ask some people to arrange for us a meeting with the Tiempos in Dumaguete, literary icons worldwide. In which case, we get to travel to Dumaguete for some fun and then meet some people who can well guide us in writing.

There is also another good writer in Bohol we can easily meet. His name is Nene Basilleres. But, then, again let us meet first those within our reach in Cebu --- people like Resil Mojares, Jun Dumdum, Eileen Mangubat, Nini Cabaero --- all published and are holding responsible positions in the writing industry.

Unlike reggiebuang, I cannot write poetry; my earlier published materials were all non-fictions. A poem is very difficult to write. It is very much like doing a 30-second film/TV commercial.

Let us meet ad hoc even just to explore how to do this organizing well enough that it will not suffer the same fate as other organizations.

Default Istoryan Writers

used to advice my students to write and write for the wastebasket
    the most encouraging piece of advice I've ever heard... prepares you for percevering even to a bitter end.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Blongkoy
    I just wanted to be sure there are possibilities we could also be first cousins one day..
    OT: hehehe.. we're working on it..

Movies, to me, is like eating; I could not watch one without company. Writing is like drinking; I will be dead in a few days if I don't do it...
    I can really relate to this one..
    i tend to shy away from writing, though.. but as always, I come back..

When we get organized, I will see to it I can play an active role. For example, I will ask some people to arrange for us a meeting with the Tiempos in Dumaguete, literary icons worldwide. In which case, we get to travel to Dumaguete for some fun and then meet some people who can well guide us in writing...
    if this will push through, your active participation (and leadership) will be deeply appreciated.

There is also another good writer in Bohol we can easily meet. His name is Nene Basilleres. But, then, again let us meet first those within our reach in Cebu --- people like Resil Mojares, Jun Dumdum, Eileen Mangubat, Nini Cabaero --- all published and are holding responsible positions in the writing industry.
    It has been said that the persons you associate will be the person you will become. so by all means, ice me with your prowess.

Unlike reggiebuang, I cannot write poetry; my earlier published materials were all non-fictions. A poem is very difficult to write. It is very much like doing a 30-second film/TV commercial.
    i used to do poetry but i am not more of the "rhymy" sort. maybe someday, i will let you read my "erratum"-> that's the name of my compiled articles..

OT@reggiebuang: i am more like you, reg.. writing is not a passion but it is within me..and i want to ignite that flame...

Default Istoryan Writers

thisbe.ara,

If you don't see me anymore logging on to this iSTORYA.NET forum, please email me at the address I will PM you after this post.

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Istoryan Writers

hmmmmmmmm, sounds interesting.do you guys have room for one more?

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

sure thing, blade! we have a closet full of space..
    OT@blongkoy: got ur pm.. i will make a reply when i get home..ciao!

Default Istoryan Writers

Just shortly after Ms. Cory Aquino was catapulted to the presidency via the so-called Edsa Revolution, a Cebuano named Ernie Aboitiz was appointed to head the National Power Corporation. Mr. Aboitiz belongs to that known Aboitiz family which operates the Davao Light and Power Company. Many perceived that NPC appointment to run in conflict with the interest of Davao Light.

At the regional level of the NPC, Mr. Aboitiz appointed a Fr. Paking Silva --- bandied about to be a management guru but to me a shrewd political gamesman --- to head the regional operations. Now it can be told that much of the media heat Mr. Aboitiz was getting at that time emanated from this regional office, specifically from the so-called Gemini Foundation, an invisible management organization created by Fr. Silva and company.

Ms. Marie Aboitiz was so enraged by the predicament of her husband --- believing that Mr. Aboitiz is incapable of the graft charges heaped upon him --- who was now slowly eaten up by the media campaign. Mrs. Aboitiz did not know from where the heat was coming to feed the media.

She wrote and wrote everyday but not quite finishing it to send to the media to air their side. She wrote and wrote for the wastebasket. And with this she was able to remove much of the anger in her heart and saw the day Mr. Aboitiz completed his contract and did not renew it even at the behest of Ms. Aquino.

I am just telling you this to illustrate the power of writing. Indeed, writing heals and frees us from all sorts of tension.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast