Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

it'd be a shame if you won't continue posting here, blongkoy.. i have read your pm and just read my reply for my thoughts.
    @reggiebuang: yes, let's!

writing for me is like an emotional reservoir..
    it is the bank of my emotional investments.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

OT: m looking forward to meeting you guys! blongx will be there..

Default Istoryan Writers

I promised thisbe.ara I will cut short my Dec. 4 trip to southernmost Cebu so that I can be back with enough time to join you guys at (will someone please post the name of the place and a bit of its direction). I might come in a bit later because I will be coming from 160 kilometers away from Cebu City.

When I get to the place, I will look for thisbe.ara and reggiebuang. You can recognize me as one with a long beard and dressed in denims and T-shirt and a heavy pair of boots to go.

This effort to organize iSTORYAN.writers is indeed worth the support of all iSTORYAN.writers (whether active or inclined). Believe me, there is good money in writing, although I know money is not the motivation behind this effort; and there are lot of writing spaces available here in Cebu.

If you open a feature page of any of our local dailies here, and you find all sorts of articles ranging from ribbon-cutting to plain and simple blabber, you know these are just fillers --- which means that they are looking for better pieces to print on. In Dumaguete, too, writers there thought of coming out with their own publication, now called "Five Fingers" and moderated at one time by Mrs. Edith Tiempo. We can even have a writers' thread developed for this or find our way through various internet publications.

Whatever, there are many things we can do as a writers' group --- the possibilities are so huge!

Default Istoryan Writers

reggiebuang,

Ok. I know where Don Henrico is. It was just that it was mentioned earlier it would be in Mactan somewhere near an aeronautical school.

reggie, I have been with Cebu's newspapers for uninterrupted 18 years until 1997, when I called it quits to focus on The Little Company that my family did organize for business. My contemporaries there are still very much around, all now holding top editorial positions.

Assuming we have good writing pieces, it is easy to sell them or get them printed if we know the ways of the editorial room.

One of the things we can do early in the game is to visit editorial offices and have a quick chat with the editors, introduce ourselves and brief them what we can do. If we do this, we need to bring published and/or unpublished materials for showcasing.

See you this Dec. 4. I will not smell but, in all likehood, I will have mud all over.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

weeee... now i'm really excited..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blongkoy

If you open a feature page of any of our local dailies here, and you find all sorts of articles ranging from ribbon-cutting to plain and simple blabber, you know these are just fillers --- which means that they are looking for better pieces to print on.
    with your help, let us eradicate those fillers and enhance local newspapers with what Istorya.Net has to offer..
    and also, Blongkoy, i would be able to recognize you even without your description.. your first cousin will be with me.. he used to do layouting on our local school paper before.

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Istoryan Writers

ngek! man mauwaw man sad ta mu apil. blade101 has no writing credentials worth showing

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by blade101
    ngek! man mauwaw man sad ta mu apil. blade101 has no writing credentials worth showing
    blade 101,

Sa atong giplano'ng pundok, wa ta magkinahanglan ug credentials, interest lang and love of writing.

Mao nang nagpundok ta kay maghimo ta sa atong credentials. Kay kon dili ta mag-pundok, wa gyod tay mahimo sa pagpa-uswag sa atong pagka writer.

So come.

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by thisbe.ara
    Blongkoy, i would be able to recognize you even without your description.. your first cousin will be with me.. he used to do layouting on our local school paper before.
    thisbe.ara,

It is good for CrashBURN to be around. A small percent of his day's earnings will buy us all with a lot of pizza and some tall drinks plus possible hang-out at Halo after that. Di ba Crash?

Default Let This Thread on Istoryan Writers Start the Ball Rolling

thisbe.ara,

This thread that you wisely started can very well serve us more than just announcing the possibility of organizing a writers' group. It can, I so believe, serve us as our early beginning towards a fruitful career in writing. There is so much space here. So I now write, if you can bear with me.

Once I saw this wisp of a girl from quite a distance. I stared at her shamelessly for that need in me to communicate with her. I just thought I could ease the pain of the day by just telling her what bothered me.

If she saw me, she must have ignored me. For she just sat still, apparently undisturbed of my intrusion into her private moments. Then slowly I approached her and with all the courage I could muster I asked her "will you be my wife?"

"Dream on, dear friend," she said very politely, "I might yet be your wife." I did dream --- of her becoming my wife, of the many things I could do in life, of the things I imagined we could share and be happy together, of the possibilities that we might craft together to define us.

And one day I got a small note from her telling me "Thank you, dear LVC, for having gifted me with all the possibilities of loving. And I will always love you for as long as there will still be rain."

And, now, everytime it rains, I feel younger again under it. And death, it seems, is but a myth. #30

Default Istoryan Writers

pwedi mu apil? but i'm rather iffy about actually calling myself a "writer"... if i join i'll join to learn from everyone/anyone...

once again my credits are:

1. champion first place in essay writing contest, ROIS February 1 2002 English week.

mao ra pud na and...

^ that is NOT to be bragged about though, my other competitors where gradeschool students, two highschool intellectuals, one was being a dick... the other one was a girl who tries to be eloquent by using high falutin' words... she won 2nd place though.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast