Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

@messerchtmitt

Having an IPMS-Cebu would be great if realized. I sure their are plenty of modelers here that would be interested. It would be a good way to improve our modeling skills.

I've been building models on/off for quite sometime but my skill is still considered novice. I mostly built jet aircraft in 1/48 scale.

BTW, here's a couple of pics of my "1/48" Academy Mirage III CJ built OOB.

Messerschmitt, do you pre-shade before painting?

No, I used to weathered my model after painting with approximately 20% of black oil paint (Tamiya oil based paints) and 80% paint thinner then wipe it slightly with wet cotton.

Never tried with salt. Mine, I sprayed it with metallic paint (Testor/Italeri) as a base coat then final coating. I scraped it to reveal the metallic. Mostly, I painted my model directly to final coating and add some metallic thru paint brush. Its a matter of mixing paints, water based over lacquered thinner based (wet on wet).

This are all just my way of doing it

Nice one. It would be great having an organization like in IPMS Phils BAC, Manila, its one way of promoting Cebuano modelers to be known and its also true that this would be a good way of improving our modeling skills thru group builds, sharing of ideas and even brain storming. Maybe we can meet someday, I'm a frequent visitor in Stars and Stripes Hobby Shop in Ayala also known as Tamiya. Here are some of my collections in my personal website, "http://www.haroldlamostre.co.nr" under COLLECTIONS link.

As of this time, I'm on the airsoft collection.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by td209 View Post
    @messerchtmitt

Having an IPMS-Cebu would be great if realized. I sure their are plenty of modelers here that would be interested. It would be a good way to improve our modeling skills.

I've been building models on/off for quite sometime but my skill is still considered novice. I mostly built jet aircraft in 1/48 scale.

BTW, here's a couple of pics of my "1/48" Academy Mirage III CJ built OOB.

Quote Originally Posted by messerchtmitt View Post
    It would be great having an organization like in IPMS Phils BAC, Manila, its one way of promoting Cebuano modelers to be known and its also true that this would be a good way of improving our modeling skills thru group builds, sharing of ideas and even brain storming. Maybe we can meet someday, I'm a frequent visitor in Stars and Stripes Hobby Shop in Ayala also known as Tamiya.
    I also frequest the TAMIYA shop during my day-offs and when I'm on my 6-2pm shift...which is my current shift.

Maybe we have bumped into each other na but didn't know each other. I either browse thru the 1/24 Car kits, or theie TOMICA 1/64 can collection

Cool website

uy asa ta kapalit ug paint.. kanang air brush ug compresor? nahan ko ani dah......

You can buy in Tamiya (Stars and Stripes), Ayala Cebu. They have paint and airbrush, mostly Tamiya brand. In National Bookstore, they have Badger brand airbrush. As for the paint, the only store I've known is in Ayala.

Quote Originally Posted by pulchra View Post
    uy asa ta kapalit ug paint.. kanang air brush ug compresor? nahan ko ani dah......

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by messerchtmitt View Post
    You can buy in Tamiya (Stars and Stripes), Ayala Cebu. They have paint and airbrush, mostly Tamiya brand. In National Bookstore, they have Badger brand airbrush. As for the paint, the only store I've known is in Ayala.
    Hi Messerschmitt. What kind of airbrush do you use?

I have a Badger 200 but the one that has the large spray pattern. Still hoping to get a double-action type with a finer spray pattern. Then that Stuka or Bf-109 might be possible.

I have a Badger airbrush the same as you have. I'm using car tire for the air. I had an experience painting my fockewulf (Tamiya) and stuka (Airfix), all I did using my Badger (large spray), tracing a blotch pattern in a sheet of bond paper and put it in the model surface. When spraying, about 6 inches from the model to be painted.

up.............................

up......................

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast