Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turn your home into a hot zone.

If you have high-speed internet connection and you want to enjoy the comfort of mobile computing in your home, then maybe it's about time that you take advantage of wireless connectivity.

Set up is easy, even for beginners like me. You just have to read the installation instructions and you're ready to go.

This is really very convenient especially if you have a wi-fi laptop.

And even with ordidary PCs and laptops you can still do it using a special wireless adapter. I have tried installing one with my non-wi-fi laptop and it worked.

The only limitation is the physical barriers in your house especially if it's really thick concrete. The signal suffers from attenuation, that is, the signal strength is diminished and it affects the speed.

Another consideration also is the fact that the device share the same frequency as some other devices in your home like the microwave or some high-frequency wireless phones at 2.4 GHz.

Overall, though, it's totally comforting to know that you can access the internet anywhere in your home.

With mine, I used D-Link router and wireless adapter. There are other brands available like Linksys and Belkin. I haven't tried them though.

If you wanna try, just make sure that, the adapter and router are compatible. If you have a wi-fi laptop, with a few set-up steps, you can also access the internet wirelessly using the wireless router.

Budget: about P6000 for the router
    about P3000 for the adapter

A little too much? Maybe you can try the other brands.

Try it. The technology is available so why not make use of it?

so unsaon ma ni bai? u just connect d router 2 d dsl line?

Yup. From your high-speed modem you connect to the router. So the router becomes your interface between your modem and your computer.

DSL modem-->wireless router-->computer

For set-up purposes you need to connect the computer to the router so you can configure your wireless network. After that, once the wireless network is set up you can go wireless anywhere within the range.

kung meridian bai? unsa-on man?

na a kay step by step procedure para sa set up? i prefered lan. ayaw lang ng wireless.

I am not familiar with meridian but if you just want to configure lan, connect the wan port of your router to the DSL modem, then connect the lan port of your computer to a lan port of the router using an ethernet cable. Once the physical setup is ready, I guess you can use your own computer's network configuration/setup wizard to configure the network. If you use windows XP, I think it allows easy setup using a removable drive or a flash drive to copy the configuration from one computer to another computer that you wish to form part of the network.

Confused?(Ako sab.)

Bitaw. There are so many ways to set it up. You can do trial and error. You'll get to it eventually.

Basta ang wan port sa router adto iconnect sa DSL modem, ang lan port maoy iconnect sa computer. Then go to My Network Places, Network Task, Setup a home or small office network... the rest is up to you.

I cannot give you the step by step setup method basing on how i did it cause the device that I used came with its own utility driver.

meridian... mao ra ghapon bro... dali ra sad... though la pa ko kita... I know how.

mao ra ghapon oist, wireless router.

Quote Originally Posted by AMD_infinium05æ
    meridian... mao ra ghapon bro... dali ra sad... though la pa ko kita... I know how.

mao ra ghapon oist, wireless router.
    more info please sir AMD.

how do i set-up my computer for this wireless? and if ma set-up na, ma detect na sad ni cya sa PDAs or LAPTOPS with wifi card?

Quote Originally Posted by c_cebrecus
    how do i set-up my computer for this wireless? and if ma set-up na, ma detect na sad ni cya sa PDAs or LAPTOPS with wifi card?
    if you buy the router it comes with a step by step instruction on how to set up your wireless network. If it's set-up already your wi-fi capable devices can be configured to detect any wireless network in range. You can see if it's detecting anything cause it will show all available networks w/ the corresponding signal strengths. Then you just choose to connect.

oh ok... and if my DSL is 384kbps, will 8 b d same speed that i get on my PDAs?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast