Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

DOC,

I find your advice sensible and helpful.

Merry Christmas! =)

-Solitaire

Quote Originally Posted by SEED OF LIBER View Post
    Doc. naa ba moi disagreements business sa una with Sir. fingolfin?

just an act of suspecting lang doc ha...

ty...
    yah, this is wat i thought

personally, i don't think anything is wrong with Soul Doctor's thread. i might be a self-proclaimed atheist, and oftentimes i do not agree with Doc's answers about life (talking bout souls, afterlife ), but i disagree with him same as i do with kebot, Pein, etc... there is no difference and i see no harm in such a thing. no offense to mod fingolfin, but his post on the other thread was way down below the belt. i think there's a mix of personal agenda going around here that we shouldn't know about.

Doc, just go on with what ur doing. most of ur advise are helpful. i think there's nothing wrong with ur thread.

.. wanna know why ? how can you claim to post something like ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT LIFE when you yourself only pretend to know something about an issue, when fact of the matter is, your sources don't come from your own experience.

.. what kind of answers do you give out to the other members

.. let me remind you again of my question to you "what can you say about adultery?? " and i gave out a disclaimer, telling you not to answer if you havent experienced it... but still, you gave me an answer, a very vague answer.. why you could have said, SORRY, CANT ANSWER YOU THAT COZ I HAVENT HAD A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE YET.

.. if you really want to help out istoryans about life, give out answers coming from your own experience, not from research or some bogus sources.

.. this isnt about personal beliefs or religion, this is about conviction. coz i hate people who post just for the sake of posting. posting just for the sake of making themselves look good.

.. like i said, soul doctor, if you wanna help, give out advices coming from your own experience.

.. and as for the rest of you, if you have something to query about, do it on your own, stop being lazy and do some research, don't depend the answers from a single man.

.. pardon for my curses and profanities. if you guys knew my track record, years ago, i gave myself a mute.
    Last edited by fingolfin; 12-01-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    the Dalai Lama gives a lot of wise thoughts even if he he's not experienced adultery and stuff (or who knows?)

it's up to people whom to believe
    Last edited by Sol_Itaire; 12-01-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    i dont agree with everything the soul doc posted. some were insightful, others cliche. but he seems sincere in expressing his views. i respect that.

unfortunately some people react emotionally when ideas are supposed to be examined rationally. some reactions even become personal. tsk tsk tsk

just like budha said , its just a matter of how u view like ,. we all differ in opinions. there's always respect.

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Quote Originally Posted by diehard96 View Post
    i dont agree with everything the soul doc posted. some were insightful, others cliche. but he seems sincere in expressing his views. i respect that.

unfortunately some people react emotionally when ideas are supposed to be examined rationally. some reactions even become personal. tsk tsk tsk

.. the problem here is not the opinions, but the presentation of this said thread. trying to present yourself as "knowing anything about life", since he gave out the question of "ask me anything about life", is at best assuming.

.. mind you people here in S&O; there are a lot of issues that are discussed many pages long and here comes a person who can answer it in just one post. isn't that an insult to your judgement and opinions ?? he is insulting, let me use your word, the "rational thinkers" here in istorya.net.

.. i have no personal problem with souldoctor, it's just the way he post that's giving me headaches, and some it or most of it makes me laugh.

.. this is no power tripping, we moderators are given the liberty to act accordingly to our own discretion. And this for me is not good for istorya.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. the problem here is not the opinions, but the presentation of this said thread. trying to present yourself as "knowing anything about life", since he gave out the question of "ask me anything about life", is at best assuming.

.. mind you people here in S&O; there are a lot of issues that are discussed many pages long and here comes a person who can answer it in just one post. isn't that an insult to your judgement and opinions ?? he is insulting, let me use your word, the "rational thinkers" here in istorya.net.

.. i have no personal problem with souldoctor, it's just the way he post that's giving me headaches, and some it or most of it makes me laugh.

.. this is no power tripping, we moderators are given the liberty to act accordingly to our own discretion. And this for me is not good for istorya.net
    I don't feel insulted because:
    1. I don't take things personally;
    2. I don't think the TS has any intention of insulting anyone;
    3. I'm not balat sibuyas.

the title simply invites questions; it does not guarantee final answers. just like in the humor section, when i read a thread i don't assume that it would be a really funny joke; oftentimes jokes are so lame. but the TS just shared his sense of humor; i respect that, without judging the TS.

sometimes posts in SnO are funnier -- no, more ridiculous -- than those in the humor section. i might not agree with what is posted but i don't take it against the TS.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast