Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    Very nice from the perspective of Buddhism and Hindusim.

The Law of Karma is like this:

Think good, and good follows. Think evil, and evil follows. You are what you think all
    day long.
    actually sir, i learned that from the Edgar Cayce Readings. he said...thoughts are things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    actually sir, i learned that from the Edgar Cayce Readings. he said...thoughts are things.
    Wow...I love Edgar Cayce coz he is one of the greatest authentic psychics of all time.

the law of Karma, mr.regnauld. that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    Why is one man sad and another man happy? Why is one man joyous and prosperous and
    another man poor and miserable? Why is one man fearful and anxious and another full of
    faith and confidence? Why does one man have a beautiful, luxurious home while another
    man lives out a meager existence in a slum? Why is one man a great success and another
    an abject failure? Why is one speaker outstanding and immensely popular and another
    mediocre and unpopular? Why is one man a genius in his work or profession while the
    other man toils and moils all his life without doing or accomplishing anything
    worthwhile? Why is one man healed of a so-called incurable disease and another isn’t?
    Why is it so many good, kind religious people suffer the tortures of the damned in their
    mind and body? Why is it many immoral and irreligious people succeed and prosper and
    enjoy radiant health? Why is one woman happily married and her sister very unhappy and
    frustrated?
    I think that the biggest, most profound questions in our lives can be grouped into four kinds. There are questions of origin (e.g., Where did I come from? How did I get here? How did I came to be? Where did the universe come from? Where did intelligent life originate?), meaning (What is the meaning of life?), morality (What is good and bad? What things are right and what things are wrong? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why is there evil in the world?), and destiny (Where am I going? Where are we going? What is the purpose of my life?).

All of us may answer those questions differently, and the thing that influences how we approach those questions and how we try to answer them is our worldview. Philosopher J. P. Moreland said that there are basically three major worldviews in the western world today which compete against each other: Naturalism, Theism, and Post-Modernism.

I think that a Christian Theist would say, for example, in response to the questions of origin, meaning, morality and destiny, that all of us came from God, that God created the universe, that life ultimately is meaningful because life does not end in death, that there are such things as objective moral values and that they are grounded in God, and that our destiny is to go home to our Creator.

A Naturalist and a Post-Modernist would give different answers.

Your questions above are heavy and profound. As a Christian, I would say that although we may not have all the answers to life's deepest and most painful questions, at least we can rest in the fact that what we are asking are meaningful -- we are asking meaningful questions. Which means that some things in life are at least meaningful. That belies the idea that life is meaningless and that we should therefore despair and give up hope.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    There is no easy answer for there are a lot of factors involved, a lot of answers can be furnished to generalize the reasons. But in reality such an inquiry entails a billion of answers, for each and everyone of us are sole person that has the knowledge of what life means to us and in what fashion we ought to face it.

...because of greed.

who's to blame?everything has it's own reason everything has it's own purpose just live you life to the fullest to where you should at.

naa problema kay ang tao magbinogo.. for every cause there is always an effect.. ang problema kay we (humans) do the cause without fully knowing what the effect is.. we are blinded by our emotions and our prejudices..

kung tanan tao responisble pa lang for their actions, wala ta problema

man is the master of himself.. if he choses to be the slave of another (physical or imaginary), it is his choice.. the reality is man creates his own destiny

...If i want to win a beauty pageant, then i don't win it. It isn't my destiny and i am definitely trying to create that destiny but it didn't happen.

That's the reality.

10.    Advertisement

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789