Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I don't think that the guys who took the video were dumb enough not to check the papers and the surroundings for any possibility of a foul play.
    Malic, let us not ignore the one simple and obvious fact - IT'S A VIDEO. And just like any video it is easily fabricated. The credibility of a video encompasses all the issues/arguments within it - of whether it's true or not.

So as a rule of thumb, it's a video and a video can be modified - all the more if that video comes from a questionable source. Nuff said. To have an idea what I mean, you may think that Cris Angel or David Blaine have magical powers but we fail to overlook the fact that IT'S ON TV. If it's on TV... well, you know na. *wink* *wink*

Maybe if, say, CNN or ABS would come for that person and have them demonstrate it in front of THEIR camera and a "experts" of THEIR choosing?

Spontaneity eliminates all doubt, bai, and it has disproven lots of hacks for me. Psychics on tv can easily be discredited if you personally provide them with a single random person they know nothing about. The BS happens if you let them play in a crowd. Kadaghan kaha tao diha na naai kaila na Ging-ging. Kadaghan kaha tao diha na naai problema sa kwarta/trabaho/pamilya. That's why i always demand anang uban tao diha sa ilang "reading" to provide me with SPECIFIC information about me not vague references about my life that could very well be ANYONE'S life.

Cris Angel & David Blaine can easily be discredited by letting him do a trick in front of you. The levitation trick he made on the street can be accomplished by setting the camera at a certain angle creating the "illusion" of levitation (hint: have you ever seen him levitate while facing the audience *wink* *wink*). A lot of sites demonstrate how this is done and how you can do it on your friends. Well you know the rest.

Anyway, for spontaneous combustion, nobody actually witnessed a person catch fire by himself, which I find weird. But then again, not so weird considering how the person completely vaporized himself is consistent with having no witnesses because if there WERE witnesses naluwas unta.

From Wikipedia: "While there have been about 200 cited cases[1] worldwide over a period of around 300 years, most of the alleged cases are characterised by the lack of a thorough investigation, or rely heavily on hearsay and oral testimony. In many of the more recent cases, where photographic evidence is available, it is alleged that there was an external source of heat present (often cigarettes), and nothing occurred 'spontaneously.'"

So far as what I have read in my initial amazement of this phenomenon was that the cases only involved the aftermath. Meaning ang resulta ra ang nakita. They don't know what happened so giconclude ra na SHC. Murag atong PNP ba. Di ka solve sa case so suicide nalang dayon.

Again, my fellow istoryans. Before you gobble up such nonsense, ask your self this: Do you believe because it is true? Or do you believe because you WANT it to be true?
    Last edited by tokidoki; 02-03-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    no need for apologies. For us who had the privilege to peek the beauty of the unknown we treat the skeptics like little babies who had yet to discover the world outside the crib. Tho we value their comments but in our ears it sounds like the cry of fear for being taken outside the crib to see the bigger world.
    Has it ever occurred to you bai that you appear the same way to them? Babies?

We must again remember that MANY things like these which were originally blamed on paranormal in the past. Yet today they have all been proven to be nothing more than just natural events that we failed to understand. You know, like lightning originally thought to be something else?

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you bai that you appear the same way to them? Babies?

We must again remember that MANY things like these which were originally blamed on paranormal in the past. Yet today they have all been proven to be nothing more than just natural events that we failed to understand. You know, like lightning originally thought to be something else?

valid argument

balik sa topic.

mao ba ni ginganlan ug Santilmo?

dili...

mao nang mokalit lag kasunog ang usa ka tawo nga walay external source of fire, nga magresulta og kamatay.. kay masunog man...

Wick effect!

If you're fat, try smoking and fall asleep. If you don't have enough body fat, this couldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NASYO View Post
    balik sa topic.

mao ba ni ginganlan ug Santilmo?
    Dili. Kanang santilmo tungod na sa potassium nga naa sa lawas sa tawo which are released upon decomposition and gets into contact with water. Or moisture in the air.

That is why there is santilmo in exposed decomposing bodies and in areas where there are shallow graves but almost always none if the body is inside a sealed niche.

In one US case, a dead concealed body solved its own murder when it rapidly decomposed due to the water in the swamp where it was thrown into. It gave off potassium which ignites when in contact with moisture. The arrested suspect who was in danger of being acquitted because no body could be found was, at last, convicted when residents nearby noticed the santilmo in the water. Of course, the FBI does not believe in spirits and went ahead and investigated. They found the corpse.

8.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678