Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Philosophy

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Default Philosophy

It appears to me that this forum would be a great place to bring Philosophy into the forum as philosophy and theology overlap in many ways. Philosophy has also been requested before, so here it is. Bring on the armchair philosophers.
    Last edited by vern; 01-11-2010 at 12:33 PM.

as what my teacher in logic says Philosophy is the handmaid of Theology,,, and my teacher in modern and contemporary jokes that philospohers theologize while theologians philosophize hehehehe just a thought

This is good, though I see a shortage of posts. Can't believe it took this long to set up this sub-forum.

Anyway, on the subject of theology- from my experience I've always found it kind of defeatist to pair it with philosophy, since it always seems like the slightest presence of philosophical reasoning often renders theology as a joke---- But I am hopeful for this forum, because almost all the other philosophy/theology forums across the internet are crawling with atheists.
    Last edited by tingkagol; 01-15-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tingkagol View Post
    This is good, though I see a shortage of posts. Can't believe it took this long to set up this sub-forum.

Anyway, on the subject of theology- from my experience I've always found it kind of defeatist to pair it with philosophy, since it always seems like the slightest presence of philosophical reasoning often renders theology as a joke---- But I am hopeful for this forum, because almost all the other philosophy/theology forums across the internet are crawling with atheists.
    oh, it will be back to normal. trust me, it will. i prayed for it.

Yeah, I am expecting it (if by "back to normal" you mean "the atheists will be back"). Apparently, the words "theology" and "philosophy" paired together are like ice cream bells to atheists. It still won't hurt to hope though. A healthy population of theologians willing to discuss philosophy and logic will make this forum interesting.

bring it on.. ahahaha... it's quality amusement for everybody...

Question: Is nothing something?

Quote Originally Posted by brownprose View Post
    Question: Is nothing something?
    isn't that a physics question?

Quote Originally Posted by Egoist View Post
    as what my teacher in logic says Philosophy is the handmaid of Theology,,, and my teacher in modern and contemporary jokes that philospohers theologize while theologians philosophize hehehehe just a thought
    i somehow, agree with your teacher's joke.

dindot sad ni , makutaw gamay ang utaks...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast