Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    nice point sir. Exactly what I had in mind, not the bible part, but on the idea that there are groups pf people who based their knowledge about God according to the data found in their Sacred Scriptures, whatever it may be:Bible, Qur'an, Vedas and others.

God revealed part of what or who He/she/It is in those scared scriptures. Can we therefore know God or give a definition of God out from those books?
    My faith lays on the bible and learn that GOD is the ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end, and I think itself is a definition........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    My faith lays on the bible and learn that GOD is the ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end, and I think itself is a definition........

What does God is the Alpha and Omega or Beginning and End means? the description is too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    one cannot comprehend God if one is thinking inside his current values, concepts, and understandings. if one wishes to comprehend God, he must be willing to accept that he currently has limited data, rather than asserting that he knows all there is to know on this subject.
    You are right. It is like a man who was blind from birth, trying to describe a Van Gogh or Picasso painting. How can he grasp what he can not even perceive? It can only be an exorcise in futility.

What does God is the Alpha and Omega or Beginning and End means? the description is too vague.
    Simple He was before man's time, during the middle of man's time, and he is at the end of man's time. All at once, at the same time.

God said let their be light, and Jesus spoke the word. Jesus spoke to Abraham and Moses thousands of years before he was born in an earthly body. At the battle of Armageddon God will motion when the time is his to know, and Jesus will sound the charge. The Final Judgment God and his Son will be both present.

So simple to grasp and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    defining god. that, to me, is the true blasphemy.
    A truer statement I have not heard. God knew man ask this very question. That is why when he was asked his name he said,"I Am."

He just is. whether we can grasp or understand his existence does not matter in the scheme of all things. He just is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Simple He was before man's time, during the middle of man's time, and he is at the end of man's time. All at once, at the same time.

God said let their be light, and Jesus spoke the word. Jesus spoke to Abraham and Moses thousands of years before he was born in an earthly body. At the battle of Armageddon God will motion when the time is his to know, and Jesus will sound the charge. The Final Judgment God and his Son will be both present.

So simple to grasp and understand.

Tho there is nothing wrong with your explanation but I must say that this is a very simple interpretation.

Alpha and Omega can mean that He is the creator and destroyer of everything.

Tho there is nothing wrong with your explanation but I must say that this is a very simple interpretation.

Alpha and Omega can mean that He is the creator and destroyer of everything.
    It also can mean he is a member of a collage sorority too, the scripture says as if through the mind of a child. I believe that to mean keep it simple. One can try to read so much into a simple phrase, as to confuse themselves by trying to see more than what is actually there. I believe that you have to review the whole body of text and compare it to this simple line taken from the text.

The book was written in a simpler time and for a simpler people. Nowhere in the text does it say he will destroy all things. He will remake the Earth and man, but we are merely a speck of dust in the whole of his creation. I really hope somewhere in this universe he created a being more worth of his love than us, for we are a foolish disrespectful disobedient ungrateful unworthy non-believing being.

It is long past due for God to give this sick "Ant Farm" a good shaking.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-15-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    It also can mean he is a member of a collage sorority too, the scripture says as if through the mind of a child. I believe that to mean keep it simple. One can try to read so much into a simple phrase, as to confuse themselves by trying to see more than what is actually there. I believe that you have to review the whole body of text and compare it to this simple line taken from the text.

The book was written in a simpler time and for a simpler people. No were in the text does it say he will destroy all things. He will remake the Earth and man, but we are merely a speck of dust in the whole of his creation. I really hope somewhere in this universe he created a being more worth of his love than us, for we are a foolish disrespectful disobedient ungrateful unworthy non-believing being.

It is long past due for God to give this sick "Ant Farm" a good shaking.
    are you trying to act funny? the attempt was almost a success, I started to laugh till I sense something sarcastic along the tone of your statement. I hope I'm wrong tho.

what is there is actually there, the difference is, you were not trained to see it, no offense. Revelation is a book of prophecy. Much of the verses are used to structure and defined Christian Eschatology.

Mentioned inside the book is the coming judgment of God. The Book states that God will destroy this present worldly system and will establish a new one. The reason behind this is the rampant corruption of sin around the world.

In the opening chapter of Revelation particularly 1:8 john declared the words Alpha and Omega and in the last chapter w/c is 22 in verse 13, john again declared the words Alpha and Omega as referring to God and in between chapters 1 and 22, is written the plan of how the present worldly sytem will be destroyed. That's the significance of John's declaration of God as being the Alpha and Omega.

you can invite me sometimes james, i can conduct a bible study for you and your household.
    Last edited by Malic; 01-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.

what is a god?
    - a ruler, something that has a supreme value, supreme in wisdom... etc..

who is god?
    - can be a supreme being or an object..

Just to spice things up... let's get on with the philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    defining god. that, to me, is the true blasphemy.
    This is interesting because it would label all christians as blasphemers.

People have a tendency to want to feel intimate or "closer" to a divine entity by likening it to themselves, and thinking it has the same human ideals we have (rationality for example). Christians give it a gender, a face, and even assume that it is omnibenevolent and rational. Yes, people can make sound arguments that god is irrational.

For example, why did god bother to create humans who supposedly have free will when he already knows each one of our destinies? Or why does god allow so much evil to happen in the world when he has the power to abolish it? To test our love/loyalty for him? Doesn't he already know how we will all fare in those tests? Does that make it seem like he's only trying to entertain/amuse himself? so on and so forth...

Truth is, and if you're really being honest with yourself, nobody can really come close to a working definition of god (or its purpose) if and only if you believe he exists.
    Last edited by tingkagol; 01-14-2010 at 11:35 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast