Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default An attempt to define God

What/Who is God?

Its getting late,hehe, let me answer this one maybe tomorrow if I have the time.

Blog Entries
    For me bro malic, GOD is both knowable and unknowable...the Transcendent and the Immanent!

to define, is to cite an approximate genera and then its specific difference. but that basically fails in this context.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    For me bro malic, GOD is both knowable and unknowable...the Transcendent and the Immanent!

I agree with you Bro. regnauld. Can we also say that God is both formless and with form?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Child View Post
    to define, is to cite an approximate genera and then its specific difference. but that basically fails in this context.

thank you for your input.
    Last edited by psyche_08; 01-12-2010 at 07:40 PM.

GOD have a form if we think of GOD as an earthly being.. that's another perception of it...

some people think GOD as the Transcendent one because it's defined in their faith...

some might even think that a person could be a GOD or something...

defining GOD.. would be a subjective matter for me..

defining god. that, to me, is the true blasphemy.

This is something which is unquantifiable on human world... The only way to know the existence and definition of God is not available in this world... pagpakamatay una (para dili naka mortal being)... because all man could do is make an objective reason.... who knows, Jesus, Alah, Jehovah, and others are just of the same being or referred to the same person, ang tawo lang maoy nag kanya2x ug pasikat kung kinsa....

.. granting that there is a God. God is an absentee landlord. He is an egotistical being. He made angels and humans so that they may praise him. He is a child that has toys but doesnt really play with them.

everything in the universe is energy

energy - cant be created nor destoyed . no begining nor end . is powerful , can created anything . can be constructive / destructive . more than logical .

god - (same)cant be created nor destoyed . no begining nor end . is powerful , can created anything . can be constructive / destructive . more than logical .

everything in the universe is god

god = energy

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Lots of people here seem to tackle the question by assuming that God cares or even knows that we exist. People don't take into account the infinite possibilities given to us by quantum mechanics. We could all be part of a 3rd grader's science experiment. Sounds improbable, but in the quantum world ... very possible.

@cromagnon The law of conservation of energy only applies to a closed system such as our existing universe. Modern science however tells us that the universe did have a beginning ... hence, energy technically was created and by your logic ... so was God. Modern science also tells us that with the right amount of matter in the universe, it can certainly end the universe as we observe it in a Big Crunch.

It is impossible to mix the existence of God with science so makes no sense to try and mix science with the idea of God. Science however does not make God impossible, just unprovable ... unquantifiable.
    Last edited by vern; 01-13-2010 at 04:45 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast