Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Doctor View Post
    INC
    ug
    ADD
    pangutan-a ay!
    ay. Hihhii. kanang RC Church amu focus. hihii. =)

Quote Originally Posted by emailroy2002 View Post
    i guess to the vatican...

i just wonder how a small city become so rich..
    RC churches Within Cebu City ra amung scope. =)
    Last edited by dark_phoenix; 01-27-2010 at 11:49 PM.

as far as my knowledge ang total collection ana nila kay a part of it kay sa maintenance sa simbahan like electricity, water and other pang maintenance nga fees. a part kay sweldo sa mga employees ( priest clerks drivers and some working student/scholar) sa ilang mga activities/foundations/programs sa church. i don't kno pila ang icontribute para sa archdiocese pero naa jud na cla'y ihatag den the rest kay sa bank for the future use...

Parishes,
    Dioceses,
    Archdioceses,
    Patriarchates
    and the Vatican

All regular collections shall be recorded and remitted and has corresponding
    percentage to the vatican, to the Archdiocese, to the Diocese and what is remained to the Parish.
    Regular collections means what the Church collects during the Mass and Offerings. Bunyag, Kasal ug Lubong. Duna pud fees for the Blessings.

Stipend for the priests during outside masses goes to the priest but the money collected during the mass
    shall be remitted to the parish coffers.

Have you ever wondered why you've heard 'SECOND COLLECTION?" after the mass for certain specific projects? Coz the amount collected 100% goes to the Parish Church.

Those priests who has cars were usually born rich or has rich benefactors.
    If you have visited Poor parishes around the country, maka hilak mo sa kahimtang sa mga pari didto.
    Suerte lang if ma assign ang pari to the rich parishes like Sto Rosario, Redemtorists etc.
    ma assign gani ka ug Barrio, sorry na lang. Wala collection wala pud kaon.
    sometimes neigboring priests donates to their fellow pero limited ra gyud.
    If you notice the church has this PAROCHIAL system. eya=eya aho=aho.

well you guys research thoroughly as these are just my personal knowledge when i served the church
    as an altar boy from grade four till i graduated high school. I might not be totally correct.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_freak View Post
    Hello istoryans!

my group is doing a research about CORPORATE GOVERNANCE on RELIGIOUS organizations. We are going to come up with questions to be answered by the people working in the church, the administration, the priest, the lay, etc.

We would like to ask your help about this.

if you have a question for them, please feel free to post.

like for an example, the title: Where do funds of churches go?

we badly need help...
    This is how it goes bro:

In tithe, the church elders will distribute this accordingly.
    1. Maintenance for the Church. House keeping electrical and mechanical needs.
    2. Outreach or sub churches subsidy.
    3. Charity, Medical Mission, Church Activity
    4. Church workers and pastor allowance. Take note that in most cases pastors were the least priority in terms of financial in some denomination. Remember the more outreaches the more churches, more workers, more pastors, the more it requires support. All in all, some churches allocates those by percentage... from that share they learnt to live with it.

There is a danger of interest when a head pastor will be involve in financial matters. He just simply cannot serve both interest. Be watchful on this. In most cases senior pastors were part of the decision making... but financial supported decision, and faith supported decision were just two different implication. Learn your church. Stealing should not be part of the church culture... as it was considered a sin to do so... please do not corrupt your church. Give to caesar what is due to caesar, give to God what is due to God.

By the way, Some churches post their audit trail in the office. I believe government requires them to display it on public. It stands together with charity, where in the government wants to protect us against personal interest and scam.

Hope i contributed a little on this topic.
    Last edited by kebot; 01-28-2010 at 10:03 AM.

i think tikud's post has contributed enough to the TS desired topic and question, than kebot's post that are talking about stealing and corruption in the church. and i guess kebot is not a worker of some church.

all the church money goes to God because he needs it.

Hello istoryans!

my group is doing a research about CORPORATE GOVERNANCE on RELIGIOUS organizations. We are going to come up with questions to be answered by the people working in the church, the administration, the priest, the lay, etc.

we badly need help...
    lahi-lahi ang paagi ana bai depende sa denomination. Kung centralized ang organization like RCC lahi ang paagi kay sa ubang born-again groups nga dili centralized ang organization. Mas maau jud kung moduol ka ug isa ka denomination din adto ka mangutana didto

Hello istoryans!

we badly need help...
    Question: Why do some Catholic Schools practice hiring maintenance crew directly from private agencies that supplies labor services such as janitorial staffs?

i dont even know kung asa padung...

some of it goes to the personal bank accounts of priests.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast