Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

yes for now..

Everything is by God's design. There is just limited knowledge, false pride, and human frailty clouding our understanding of his works.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Everything is by God's design. There is just limited knowledge, false pride, and human frailty clouding our understanding of his works.
    you don't say.... everything?

Ok let's list down what God's design...

1. Weapons - handguns, tanks, WMD, nuclear bombs, warships... and so on...
    2. Flooding - that kills billions of people and not to mention homeless
    3. Fire - that eats up almost half of natural resources... i.e. trees...
    4. Earthquake - that kills millions of people, including Haiti and Chile
    5. Tsunami - that killed almost half of the people in Indonesia
    6. ... if you can name some... add them

If you answered these by saying it's all about human or people's minds or "freewill"... was it man and woman are God's design? We understand the works but I don't understand why some of us don't see the mistakes. Don't get me wrong James, I am catholic and yes I question His "designs" such is why there is a mistake along with it.

everything is being plan and naa jd purpose tnan!

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    you don't say.... everything?

Ok let's list down what God's design...

1. Weapons - handguns, tanks, WMD, nuclear bombs, warships... and so on...
    2. Flooding - that kills billions of people and not to mention homeless
    3. Fire - that eats up almost half of natural resources... i.e. trees...
    4. Earthquake - that kills millions of people, including Haiti and Chile
    5. Tsunami - that killed almost half of the people in Indonesia
    6. ... if you can name some... add them

If you answered these by saying it's all about human or people's minds or "freewill"... was it man and woman are God's design? We understand the works but I don't understand why some of us don't see the mistakes. Don't get me wrong James, I am catholic and yes I question His "designs" such is why there is a mistake along with it.
    I can not despite those things that have you questing for answers. I being a mere man can not grasp the complexity of his creation. He creates the men that create weapons of war and wage war. And the world that seems to punish us. I feel it is all a test, designed to test each of us. How do we respond to adversity and during times of blessings. We are in effect all just one large family group at odds with ourselves and the world we live in.

Why do bad things happen? The best I can figure is like this; how can we truly appreciate the good without the bad? Do we give thanks during the blessings or only seek help when times are bad? When bad thinks happen to us, how do we and all those around us react? If we fall do those around us help of laugh? Is there pity or condemnation? Do we give hope or disparage? If one understands that death may come anytime, does one live a righteous life of choose a path of sins. Death will come to all that is born, and it is only the deeds of our lives that determine our rewards and punishments. We are all tested 100 times a day, but only have one time to get it right.

Even if life were perfect, there are some who would still find it all hell; as there are some that even in times of hell can only see the perfection. We are born on this world to suffer and be judged. Why this grand experiment? I can not answer, for I can only wonder as yourself. His purpose is beyond my understanding. This is just the reality of our existence. But make no mistake about it, God is in control of the whole show; and it is all being done by his design. We are all in it together for better or for worst, for we are all connected to each other. Maybe that is the whole point, to measure our compassion and our love for one another. Maybe it is through our pain that our true self can be revealed. I know that I have had pain that has both broken and strengthen me, I would not be who I am today without it. It was through that pain that I truly came to know myself, to understand both my strengths and weaknesses. I am but a flawed being trying to be better than I am. Maybe that is the point of this all.

I can not judge God even as he judges me. I must love my fellow man even if he judges me. We truly can only learn what love truly is through our pain and lose. I wish I could have a better answer for you.

You married a Filipina James, you're doing what science is doing... evolving! Improving the race of the Filipino people! hehe

7.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456