Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    i love the Infinite Intelligence, but i hate people/organizations that impose their personal understanding of it/him/her on other persons...
    the word here is respect.. never impose your beliefs on somebody else... each man is entitled to have his/her own interpretation of God..
    What do you mean by that? What would be an example of "imposing one's personal understanding on other people?"

for me, i found God when i stopped believing in the church.. the church is only a worldly organization.. i found nothing divine in it... it was a social cage.. i am better person now than i was before when i was a church-lover.
    How was the Church (the Catholic Church?) a "social cage" for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    maybe he meant the Inquisition, sir.
    Did "millions, even billions" die during the Inquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox View Post
    Don't forget the Crusades, the Templar incident. And not to mention both Pope's during the genocides in Germany and Rwanda, barely did anything...
    You said bro that the Church is responsible for millions and even billions of deaths during the Inquisition, the Crusades, etc. You also said that the Church is very corrupt, more than the government itself. How did you come to that conclusion?

And what follows from that?

And not to mention they condemn the innocent babies to hell (mga unbaptized). So does that also mean Abraham, Noah is in hell? o_O
    How do you know that? Do you believe in hell, then?

Quote Originally Posted by munzter666 View Post
    wow...seriously, have you witnessed everything written in your HISTORY books?

famous quotes galore...

Kill them all, God will recognize his own."
    (Arnald Amalric, Papal Legate / 1150-1225/ during the Albigensian Crusade)

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."
    (Robert Cardinal Bellarmine / 1542-1621 / at the trial of Galileo in 1615)

"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell."
    (Saint Augustin / 354-430 / De genesi ad litteram)

here's a zinger...
    To assert that the Bible is Fiction is as erroneous as to claim that the Church has a problem with pedophile priests.
    Bro, if I may clarify, what point are you trying to make?

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Did "millions, even billions" die during the Inquisition?
    many. many died. mostly women condemned for alleged witchcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by mariaClara View Post
    " I believe in God but I hate the church... "

waw. same here.

there's nothing wrong with hating the Church.
    imo, something is wrong with hating....

You said bro that the Church is responsible for millions and even billions of deaths during the Inquisition, the Crusades, etc.
    I don't know, maybe is has something to do with the Church spearheading those genocides? o_O
    Last edited by DeathFox; 02-14-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Bro, if I may clarify, what point are you trying to make?
    people who claim they are HOLY doesnt entirely mean they are.

just because the adherents claim such organization is HOLY doesnt mean it is INNOCENT of the silliness they perpetuate .

lets face it, people do crazy stuff as long as they do it in lieu with the accepted set of rules.
    you tell somebody to take a life. you end up ignored.
    tell that someone to take a life, GOD WILLS IT(divine orders)...now, you got their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox View Post
    Don't forget the Crusades, the Templar incident. And not to mention both Pope's during the genocides in Germany and Rwanda, barely did anything...

And not to mention they condemn the innocent babies to hell (mga unbaptized). So does that also mean Abraham, Noah is in hell? o_O

Accusations should be based by facts bro .. otherwise, all you've posted is crap! or you might sound like a parrot mimicking what your pastor is telling you hehehe .. history should be taken in its own context, and not read by our own standards or contemporary reality .. the templars, crusades what soever .. remains the dark ages of the church .. but it was also the time when great saints rose from the ranks of simple church men .. the protestants had their own share also of wickedness! Pope Pius XII has always been drag into the issue of the holocaust .. but history is the best judge for him; don't forget that great martyrs of the faith rose from the ashes of the holocaust, priests, sisters and lays who laid down their lives to save others: maximilian kolbe, edith stein, even the protestant churches have great saints and martyrs too during holocaust. The church has never been dragged into the genocide of rwanda .. there are many accusations of priests and religious but .. still to be investigated .. I really don't know where you've got your facts on the issue of rwanda .. there were many priests, (read the newspapers of april and may 1994), who really saved hundreds of these poor rwandans also ..

"And not to mention the babies" ... hehe .. bro, read the new catechism of the catholic church and you will see that what you've posted is crap!

So... why did you mention the protestants, when I never mentioned them in the first place or did I say I was a member of any denomination? Clearly you are biased and full of crap.

And do some heavy research on Rwanda, I guess those mutilated bodies inside the Rwanda churches were just props o_O

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast