Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

This has got to be the funniest assumptions I have ever read so far... Filipinos are chosen people and yet it's one of poorest nation in Asia. If that author assumes this way, then god must have kept all the riches for himself. One thing this author is going to do is to make some sense. period.

filipinos are the chosen people to be poor and miserable.

The Israelites thought they were the chosen people. Look what happened to them.

The Germans thought they were the real Aryans, they lost.

And now us? Ridiculous. We have not produced something remarkable and tangible since the Negritos arrived. How can we begin to think we are so special?

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    12 SIGNS WHY FILIPINOS ARE A CHOSEN PEOPLE

12 SIGNS WHY FILIPINOS ARE A CHOSEN PEOPLE

I don't believe this...this is too pathetic. What we need is something that feels like this but reads nationalism.
    Last edited by fingolfin; 02-18-2010 at 05:54 PM.

sick and wicked....in a bad Merriam-Webster definition... LOL

Well I personally believe you can choose to be whoever or whatever you wish to be. The problem is in the doing. Wishing is fine, but in the end you still must do. Talk is cheap but actions are priceless. You choose. Top of the food chain or scraping the bottom of the barrel, that depends on your lack of action or your excessive talk. What ever you do, do it quickly, because the world is leaving you behind. The world is only impressed with action of merit and not cheap trash talk. You earn respect by your action, but you still have to earn respect; it is not given because you just chose to talk about it or you make demands for respect from the rest of the world.

The Jews are the chosen people and the world despises them for that title and their beliefs. They still stand proud on their own feet and steadily continue to achieve as a race of people. Jews have been persecuted, enslaved, murdered, mocked, and ridiculed more than any other race of man. Satan despises them all, Muslims want them all dead, and Christians fear them even as they follow the words and teachings of an ancient Rabbi.

The Filipino has had it easy compared to the Jew. In the 1950's the Philippines was the top economy in Asia. So what happen? What is the convenient excuse? Who do you put the blame on, so you do not have to look within yourselves? What lie makes you feel better as you ignore the solutions which will bring about true change.

Who's going to buy your vote? What criminal politician will you let continue to operate? How much greed, thrift, corruption, and evil will it take before you demand a change; before you demand a change? No life will go on as it always does, until it hits bottom. The fall is not too far, so maybe it will come soon.

When will the crab-pot mentality change? When fools stop just taking, and those with honor start to lead the fools out of their little dream worlds, which is your nightmare. Respect does not happen without honor. If you demand respect and have no honor, the world will pass you by while it laughs at you.

I have faith in people's Power, I once saw it do amazing things for a short time in 1986. I have faith in the Filipino and the Philippines. I have faith in the Filipinos that live in the Philippines. I have faith in the OFW's who do more than their share to help stimulate the Philippine economy, even when so many are victims of the greed of their own families here in the Philippines. I have faith in you.

The real question is do you have faith in yourself?
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 03-12-2010 at 05:58 PM.

The Jews are the chosen people and the world despises them for that title and their beliefs. They still stand proud on their own feet and steadily continue to achieve as a race of people. Jews have been persecuted, enslaved, murdered, mocked, and ridiculed more than any other race of man. Satan despises them all, Muslims want them all dead, and Christians fear them even as they follow the words and teachings of an ancient Rabbi.
    An old propaganda. The jews didn't say this... it was the catholic church. People then realize that chosen people doesn't really exists.

every person is a chosen one. it just depends on how we think especially of ourselves and other people and how we want to act. period.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    An old propaganda. The jews didn't say this... it was the catholic church. People then realize that chosen people doesn't really exists.
    Yes it is an old propaganda started in the Old Testament Text written over 3300 years ago and in the Torah. The Catholic church is only 1900 years old but still uses the Old Testament Text, and they have done more than their fair share of Jew persecutions over the last 1300 years.

It is found in Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Zechariah of the Old Testament; and several places in the Torah.

Chosen people: Definition from Answers.com
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 03-13-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Yes it is an old propaganda started in the Old Testament Text written over 3300 years ago and in the Torah. The Catholic church is only 1900 years old but still uses the Old Testament Text, and they have done more than their fair share of Jew persecutions over the last 1300 years.

It is found in Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Zechariah of the Old Testament; and several places in the Torah.

Chosen people: Definition from Answers.com
    this according to the link you gave... "The doctrine of the chosen people is presumed throughout the Bible, although nowhere does it receive systematic elaboration."

One of the reasons why there is no such thing as choosen people. James, the Bible have been rewritten for countless of times and you may wonder those things are true or not. Hence, the roman catholic propaganda was indeed very amusing.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast