Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Quote Originally Posted by munzter666 View Post
    there is NO objective nor ABSOLUTE morality.(people who lobby this ABSOLUTES are screwed up bigots in the funny papers). morality for me is relative as well as subjective.
    Are you saying that people who believe that morality is objective and absolute are wrong?

putting your first hand receivers of the commandments from bush fire being in the lime light does not equate to ME believing it's accountability.
    Okay, so you don't believe that story in the Bible. Why did you bring it up as an example?

now, back to moses and his ilk... if absolute morality was in hand by then, how come we can consider SOME if not MOST of their ACTS and PRACTICES as revolting and foul in today's age.(i.e. slavery, genocide and baby killings, etc.)
    So you're saying that acts like slavery and genocide are wrong?

face it, moses and his ilk had was an IN-GROUP type of morality. it only shared and revolved within that specified group...rest of the world never could give a damn. and men of the cloth want to pattern and mirror such framework just because its in the pages of some holy book.
    Are you saying Moses was wrong?

But there's something else I don't understand about what you said. You said that you don't think those stories in the Bible involving Moses really happened, right? So why did you bring up those examples if you think those events never really took place?

Quote Originally Posted by munzter666 View Post
    you are missing the point. let me break it down for yah...

They(moses and company) got the commandments(thou shalt not killl, etc..)

few days later they wipe out some tribe. now tell me, what the fudge is that?

that kind of instrument conveyed one self defeating message.

goes to reflect the type of morality these people have. INEFFECTIVE.
    So what you're really saying is, if those events really did happen, Moses was wrong for doing what he did, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    i agree... i believe that the reason there is too much religious conflict on this world is because people dont respect the views of others...
    So we should respect the views of others?

Are you also saying that religious conflict is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    still postable?
    yes sir!

6.    Advertisement

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021