Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Default are we all sinners ??

.. that simple question .. are we all sinners ??

.. is there an absolute definition of RIGHT and WRONG ??

.. in the case of war .. let's talk locally, the MILF in mindanao, they are fighting for what they believe is right because the government is corrupt and they should stand up to their right. But on the other hand, here's the military who is protecting the government. Which is right amongst them ??

.. globally, the invasion of iraq, the US invaded iraq coz they think they are doing the world a favor by eradicating "terrorist" , but the iraqis are fighting back coz they felt their human rights were trampled upon. Now, which is right

.. and back to being a sinner or no. There's this famous line JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS ..

.. ok, he did, but the question is.. IN WHAT TIME OR ERA OF OUR SINS DID JESUS DIED FOR Was it during that time only ?? Or until the end of time or until judgement day Coz to be honest, that line is very lame and contradictory to their claim that we'll all be judge at the end of days. Coz, one shouldn't care to commit sin ( whatever definition of sin you have ) .. go ahead, make sin, coz somebody already died for your sin. Get my drift here

define sin

it really depends on how your own perspective....

i personally dont believe in sin or the concept of good and evil.. therefore fro me, no body is a sinner and nobody is a saint...

we can call claim all are sinners and we might as well claim that all people are good-looking..

the definition of sin is very2x subjective.. like eating pork might not be sin to christians but is a sin to muslims...

we become sinners when we put meaning to the word sin.. if we say charity is a sin, then the act of charity becomes sinful... if we say prostitution is holy, then prostitutes become saints... its just a matter of how we percieve...

SIN is simply defined as the transgression of God's law.

question:
    WHERE DID SIN ORIGINATE?
    -when God created the earth and men, He commanded adam and eve not to eat the fruit on the tree of life...yet, to make the story short, they failed to obey what God wanted them to do so all generations of mankind starting from adam and eve (the root of all mankind) have been marked with sin...

(read romans 3:23)

about the local issue about the govt and the MILF, war wouldnt spark if the MILF presented their cause in a peaceful way rather than raising arms and violence to stereotype that all government officials are corrupt, the AFP, in the other hand would not return fire to the rebels if, in the first place, the MILF did not pose a threat to the country's security and peace...

regarding the insurgents in iraq and the middle east...had the rebels not resort into bloody suicide bombings, they wouldnt be sprayed with bullets from allied forces...if they felt that their human rights are being trampled upon, arent they trampling human rights of innocent civilians with their bombings?

let me share this:

John 8

1But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
    But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
    9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
    11"No one, sir," she said.
    "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

question:

WHO THREW THE FIRST STONE?

-Jesus dared everyone in sight to throw a stone at a woman if only he has no sin but who threw a stone? NOBODY....why? because WE ARE ALL SINNERS...

As for me, I don't place myself as "sinner" - reason being is that I am only demeaning or degrading myself as such. Of course I am catholic but heck... sinning is too much to define me as a person.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Then why do we have this so called justice system, the prisons, the judges, and the policemen, what is it for?. Isn't these a manifestation of a distinction between right or wrong. Most of the laws of the land are also extracted from the laws of GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. in the case of war .. let's talk locally, the MILF in mindanao, they are fighting for what they believe is right because the government is corrupt and they should stand up to their right. But on the other hand, here's the military who is protecting the government. Which is right amongst them ??

.. globally, the invasion of iraq, the US invaded iraq coz they think they are doing the world a favor by eradicating "terrorist" , but the iraqis are fighting back coz they felt their human rights were trampled upon. Now, which is right

what i know is, taking somebody else's life is wrong. it is not ours to give, so it's definitely not ours to take. no matter what you believe in, it doesn't justify the need to kill somebody.

same goes with taking somebody else's right to freedom, to the truth and intentionally putting somebody in a compromising situation.

so if that is not sin, what is it? if that is not bad, what is?

sin , - i dun believe it,

but it's prety similar to the law of Karma , or golden rule which i belive at..

.. it's nice to see such open minded replies from you guys.

.. as for me, i don't believe nor have my definition of sin, it's all Grey to me. but what i believe in is consequences of your actions.

Sin is what you think of it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast