Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyapache View Post
    That's a good book. Do you still have a copy of that book?
    a very good book indeed. yes, the book even has a handwritten note from burnham himself, that is why its among my father's treasured positions. it is a first edition copy, 1940s pa, brittle na ang pages hehehe.
    Last edited by tophat; 03-24-2010 at 01:53 PM.

have a few interesting reads recommended by a friend that am reading now.... more on survival and worst case scenario. but a lot to learn none the least
    1: Lights Out by HalfFast --- Frugals Squirrels. very good read.its fictitious but a lot of good information
    2: emergency: this book will save your life- neil strauss another good read

as for bushcraft my favourites include Ray Mears and Les Stroud. but Ray has a lot to teach and his videos are excellent.

If any one wants a copy of the two books let me know .. send me a pm and i'll send them to you...

@pinoyapache: how about we organise a meet and greet? where we can sit down and exchange ideas and information? and you could brief everyone interested in one of the treks so nobody bites off more then they can chew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gills View Post
    @pinoyapache: how about we organise a meet and greet? where we can sit down and exchange ideas and information? and you could brief everyone interested in one of the treks so nobody bites off more then they can chew.
    That would be nice @Gills so we could eyeball each other. I am taking this one step at a time.
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 03-25-2010 at 09:53 AM.

count me in and two of my friends are interested, we're 1st timers though..... keep us posted.... ty

interested pud ko. hopefully you can show us your gears and share to use your know-hows.

Quote Originally Posted by godCode View Post
    interested pud ko. hopefully you can show us your gears and share to use your know-hows.
    ...sorry, bushcraft is not like mountaineering where you need a lot of gears...bushcraft is about common sense and how you use nature to your advantage. the most important gear is a survival knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Gills View Post
    have a few interesting reads recommended by a friend that am reading now.... more on survival and worst case scenario. but a lot to learn none the least
    1: Lights Out by HalfFast --- Frugals Squirrels. very good read.its fictitious but a lot of good information
    2: emergency: this book will save your life- neil strauss another good read

as for bushcraft my favourites include Ray Mears and Les Stroud. but Ray has a lot to teach and his videos are excellent.
    Good reference books @Gills. I've downloaded the Winds of Change, Pax Americana and Lights Out series.

APACHE ....

Nice thread you have here . I am very interested in joining your activities , to learn more and bond with fellow enthusiast . I was introduced / oriented to jungle survival when I was ( TAD ) with the brown water guys . Its just a quick 1 month guided and supplied training and nothing something of the real world where you are on your own survival .

Naa mo club ani ? ANy schedualed meetings ? Keep in touch @ 09235473238 .
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 03-25-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    a very good book indeed. yes, the book even has a handwritten note from burnham himself, that is why its among my father's treasured positions. it is a first edition copy, 1940s pa, brittle na ang pages hehehe.
    Keep it carefully. That book could save generations of your descendants...

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    APACHE ....

Nice thread you have here . I am very interested in joining your activities , to learn more and bond with fellow enthusiast . I was introduced / oriented to jungle survival when I was ( TAD ) with the brown water guys . Its just a quick 1 month guided and supplied training and nothing something of the real world where you are on your own survival .

Naa mo club ani ? ANy schedualed meetings ? Keep in touch @ 09235473238 .
    I've just started this thing only this year. Starting a little slowly like hiking and exploring remote trails in Guadalupe. Remembering back things taught to me by my grandfather, my scoutmaster then with the mil. Two foreign bushcrafters whom I meet last September convinced me to shift from the rules-crazy mountaineering activities into this one. There is no club yet but there is a Facebook group that I use as a hub for like-minded people. You could PM me your email to invite you.
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 03-26-2010 at 10:30 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast