Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Don't Know

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    why is it that people like to pretend they know the answers when in fact, they don't really know the answers. what's so hard with saying "I don't know"? is saying "I don't know" so hard to do that people who 'don't know' the answers give others the impression that they actually do.

for instance, i've seen threads in Gen Disc that talks about "the end of times is near" ... "he is coming" ... i mean wtf, how did you know that? then there's Catholicism --- if you ask a priest where our souls go after we die --- "it goes to purgatory". i mean WOW, again, how did you know that? in Islam, you go in a suicide mission to meet 72 virgins in heaven? that's ridiculous.

just say "I don't know what's going to happen, really" and that's the end of the story. because in reality, we don't have the answers.
    Excellent topic Chad! First, the key words here are, "Like to Pretend" and "Impression". These are chronic behavior that psychologists are trying to battle not because it's sickness or a disease but it's an individual trait. People will always pass this road no matter what although, if you see or hear people that are "too much" and you may think that they are overboard, we can just sitback and wait for that person to realize that he/she will admit those words [you said].... I DON'T KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by dartzed View Post
    same question goes to you bro: how did you know that their answers are wrong when you do not know the real answers to your questions?..

how will you judge someone's idea, wrong when you don't even know the real answer too?..

.. you misunderstood me bro, i didnt say that their answers are wrong, i just don't believe in their answers to my query on the unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    why is it that people like to pretend they know the answers when in fact, they don't really know the answers. what's so hard with saying "I don't know"? is saying "I don't know" so hard to do that people who 'don't know' the answers give others the impression that they actually do.
    Okay, "I really don't know whether there is God or not"...but I have reason to believe that there is God because for me life is blah...blah...blah...

Does this makes me a pretentious dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak View Post
    I don't know WHY atheist always talk about God and the believers?
    While most believers talk mostly which of them is right...lolz!

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. you misunderstood me bro, i didnt say that their answers are wrong, i just don't believe in their answers to my query on the unseen.
    maybe you will never believe in any answer to your queries on the unseen. coz believing them would have to mean you will take them on by faith since you have no firsthand experience to draw from. maybe you need to experience the unseen yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    maybe you will never believe in any answer to your queries on the unseen. coz believing them would have to mean you will take them on by faith since you have no firsthand experience to draw from. maybe you need to experience the unseen yourself....

.. i see. can I ask you, have you had any firsthand experience of the "unseen" Well, this is being way off topic, but can you please answer my question.

.. back on topic though; chad was asking to why most people ( religious ) CONFIDENTLY gives an answer to questions such as WHEN IS THE END OF THE WORLD ?? or maybe, WHEN IS THE 2ND COMING OF CHRIST ?? That sort of questions, when fact of the matter is, they really don't know the answer. Coz, what are their sources I mean, if you ask each and every form of religion to when is the end of the world, they will give you different answers, why is that so

.. here's a ridiculous and yet feasible sources of the end of the world:

.. we all saw in the movie 2012 that the Mayans predicted the end of the world and how it should end.

.. on the other hand; in christian teaching, the end of the world will happen on the 2nd coming of christ.

.. now, the question here is this: which of them is right

.. coz for me, if somebody asks me when is the end of the world, i'll just answer them " let's just wait ".

^i don't know how to answer you, doc. what may be unseen to you may be in plain sight to me and vice versa.

on topic. i don't know. what does it matter anyway

Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    ^i don't know how to answer you, doc. what may be unseen to you may be in plain sight to me and vice versa.

on topic. i don't know. what does it matter anyway
    .. yeah, correct. It doesnt matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    until you experience that yourself, you're no different than all "those people" that the TS meant...

i say, "get a knife and run into it".... LOL...
    at least honest ko muangkon nga until now i still don't know much.

the beauty of "i dont know" is the drive, "i want to know".

compared to "the god did it"...that settles it, most bible huggers M.O. a form of lazy thinking.

if that was how the world operated before, you wont expect to live long and prosper. we'd still be stuck in the dark ages...heck, a flat earth even... and that would be SAD.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast