Page 1 of 97 123411 ... LastLast

Default DOG TIPS about breeding , buying and selling

We can discuss here , maybe get tips from experts and dog lovers alike .

I noticed a lot of wrong information , discrepancies specially sa BU and SELL section regarding sa PETS and sa DOGS in particular , maybe we can discuss it here for future buyers na dili ma ilad and the seller also to properly sell the dogs aron walay ma mislead and prevent future headaches .

I will start with :

1. When you sell , please dont say something that is not like MICRO or TEACUP for example because there is no such thing . It will only entice the buyer na walay alamag sa breed . In short ang seller NANGILAD .

2. When you buy , save enough money so you will get what you pay for . Dont rely on PET QUALITY since mao ni ang reason managhan ang PUPPY MILLS . Mo gara man sad sila kay they know someone out there will buy it .

3. Go for pedigreed dogs as much as possible , refer to number 2 . A dog that is pedigreed is your insurance knowing your dog is of PURE BREED . Many agrees with me but a lot will be offended but the fact needs to be told , a dog that has no papers is as good as nothing when we talk about quality .

4. A seller should only PRICE the puppies when it is out . I discourage RESERVATIONS and PRE PRICING basing on the parents status . Reason being is , ang lutas is about 8 weeks or 2 months and what if mamatay tanan ? Headache ilabi if non refundable na . Sa PRE PRICING pod , you cant predict the price of the pups based on the parents whereabouts because pila ka generations man ang giliwatan ana nila . Just because the parents are CHAMPIONS or HALL FAMERS doesnt mean anything sa puppy directly because these are man made achievements . What is important is ang TEMPERAMENT sa puppy and DRIVE .

These are all I can think of and come up for the moment , please ... BREED QUALITY DOGS and not for the sake na maka baligya mo and make some money and for the BUYERS na dili magmahay sa gi palit . Mao man na kasagaran na excuse nato ... " Sagdi na lang , dog lover bitaw ko . napugos na man lang na because naa na man . If given the chance to go back in time , I am pretty sure he or she wont buy that puppy for the amount he or she paid for it . If hinatag mas maayo . "

Please if naa mo maika add , do so aron daghan ta ma aware diri . This thread is for us to know and identify who are the PUPPY MILLS and BACKYARD BREEDERS and sa buyers pod na dili MAILAD .
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 10-07-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Tanx ani nga forum boss kay murag angayan ni naku da. I'm planning to buy a pure breed pero I don't have much knowledge how to determine if pure breed ba jud or not ang ako mapalit.. For now try lang sa ko buhi ug mix breed kay hadlok ko mo risk ug gasto ug daku unya ma ilad ra diay ko..

nice to all breeders out there kng na a papaers inyo dog e process intwn ug sakto ^^ dont say nga 'this price with papers" and "this price kung wala" its soo wrong!

add lang ko sir springy ha:

ALWAYS remember before buying a dog, research about the breed lang sa thru the net or magazines para naa mo idea unsa na dog inyo ganahan / unsa na dog mo fit sa inyo personality...

thank you very much for this information sir. I hope puppy mills will be stopped soon, asap especially kanang naa sa robinsons and colon namaligya. inhumane ang treatment and they only do it for a profit. they don't really care about the puppies basta makakwarta. most people would love to have a dog at home, but lack of information boosts these people's puppy mill business. as long as there are buyers, these sellers will continue.

Regarding sa post ni SHADE ...

If the parents of the puppies are pedigreed , intawn ayaw ninyo presyohi ug with or without papers . It is the responsibility of the BREEDER to acquire papers for the puppies . Kung mo hangyo ang buyer na sila ang mo process it is still ok but sell it at theprice of with papers aron there is no reason di kuhaan ug papers .
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 10-08-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

to breeders pod : always ask yourselves - what am i intending to do in breeding this particular dog? will breeding this dog help improve his breed? daghan maigo ani nga pangutana, im sure.

a lot of breeders do not join shows... with flimsy excuses such as "di man jod ko hilig anang show2x"... but one has to realize that in joining these shows he gets to know where does his dogs stand (in terms of quality) as compared to other dogs within the breed... in that way, he can strive to "improve" his line and would only breed going towards that end purpose.

in short, these dogs shows are not only there for "pride or fame" but also for guidance to breeders/exhibitors on where and what to improve on.

Tnx IRONWOOD for your valuable input .

[b]When breeding also , the PUPPY SHARE and STUDFEE should be the least and last priority . Focus on the BLOODLINE sa dogs kung angay ba siya i mate . Take time in looking for the mate , di ka pataka lang ug hamag ... Ah naa kay laki diha ? Naa kay bayi diha ? ... ato unya ipa habal nag heat na akong iro blah blah blah .

The thread is also open for QUESTIONS and di lang kay INPUTS .

QUESTIONS about BREEDING , SELLING and BUYING .... I am sure naa daghan diri knowledgeable enough maka answer . Daghan man sad ta responsible breeders , sellers and aron walay magmahay na buyers .

Wala koy paki-alam na daghan maligsan ug matumban na tiil diri sa forums .
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 10-08-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    Tnx IRONWOOD for your valuable input .

[b]When breeding also , the PUPPY SHARE and STUDFEE should be the least and last priority . Focus on the BLOODLINE sa dogs kung angay ba siya i mate . Take time in looking for the mate , di ka pataka lang ug hamag ... Ah naa kay laki diha ? Naa kay bayi diha ? ... ato unya ipa habal nag heat na akong iro blah blah blah .

The thread is also open for QUESTIONS and di lang kay INPUTS .

QUESTIONS about BREEDING , SELLING and BUYING .... I am sure naa daghan diri knowledgeable enough maka answer . Daghan man sad ta responsible breeders , sellers and aron walay magmahay na buyers .

Wala koy paki-alam na daghan maligsan ug matumban na tiil diri sa forums.
    LOL i couldnt agree more bro... sahay, lisud bitaw i-change mindset sa ato mga igsoon diri. lisud i-explain nga need jud ang gamay nga background check sa bloodline sa inyo prospect nga stud... dili basta hamag pa-stud kay kuno "prolific" or what... whats the use of having 10pups if each and every pup is sub-standard? LOL! i would rather have 3 or 4 pups pero quality ug ma-satisfy ako sa iya looks and form.

Yes .. sakto jud .

Mao my advice is , mintras wala pa nag heat ang mga BITCH ninyo ... take time to shop around ,look around and research for the prospect na STUD so when time comes na ready na , it shold not be that hard .

I am also guilty to some point s amga gi discuss like ginagmay na butang . We should stop this now and make Cebu a haven for QUALITY DOGS .

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 97 123411 ... LastLast