Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5461626364

Quote Originally Posted by igibouy View Post
    No proof but I have very good reason to believe. Because...

Carbon, stuff that earth life is based on is present all over the universe. Carbon is created natrually through fission and supernovas. Although it is not known how exactly non-living carbon can turn into a living thing, however it happened though, it occurred naturally without help from a god or intelligent lifeform. Thinking that this naturally occurring phenomenon only happened here is ridiculous.

All this is just based on the description of "Life as we know it".
    I'd like to argue some of your points for the sake of presenting both sides of the coin:

"Thinking that this naturally occurring phenomenon only happened here is ridiculous".

-It's true that thinking the life-forming and naturally occurring phenomenon only occurred in our planet is ludicrous. We have billions of other planets in the universe. If this "phenomenon's" success rate is 0.0001%, we will still have lots of planets teeming with life.

-But this is only a THEORY. This is not a FACT. A fact is an objective, verifiable observation. This can't be verified and observed. We haven't found any other life forms. The truth of the matter is: Even if we strongly think there are other life forms due to this "phenomenon" statement, we definitely cannot conclude this to be 100% true. Life as we know it still doesn't know other life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Ho Khan View Post
    I'd like to argue some of your points for the sake of presenting both sides of the coin:

"Thinking that this naturally occurring phenomenon only happened here is ridiculous".

-It's true that thinking the life-forming and naturally occurring phenomenon only occurred in our planet is ludicrous. We have billions of other planets in the universe. If this "phenomenon's" success rate is 0.0001%, we will still have lots of planets teeming with life.

-But this is only a THEORY. This is not a FACT. A fact is an objective, verifiable observation. This can't be verified and observed. We haven't found any other life forms. The truth of the matter is: Even if we strongly think there are other life forms due to this "phenomenon" statement, we definitely cannot conclude this to be 100% true. Life as we know it still doesn't know other life.

Yes, THEORY. A theory with an insanely high probability. I think it's safe to say the belief for it to be true isn't irrational, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by igibouy View Post
    Yes, THEORY. A theory with an insanely high probability. I think it's safe to say the belief for it to be true isn't irrational, wouldn't you agree?
    Perhaps.. Actually, I'm inclined to agree. Beliefs are beliefs. As long as you are not 100% concluding naay other lifeforms, we are always free to believe on something. hehe

C.I.A. Platinum Member carmicael's Avatar
    imho, the proposition that life is most probably out there is more than just mere belief. belief is an act of faith and does not require evidence.

this proposition is closer to a calculated guess.

No, I don't think we're alone.

Hello. I personally have been thinking about my ancestors and decided to search for the most common italian surnames. As someone who has never been into genealogy and tracing my family roots, this platform (https://peoplelegacy.com/blog/popula...heir-meanings/) has been an absolute life changer for me. Now I am researching not o

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel1 View Post
    Hello. I personally have been thinking about my ancestors and decided to search for the most common italian surnames. As someone who has never been into genealogy and tracing my family roots, this platform (https://peoplelegacy.com/blog/popula...heir-meanings/) has been an absolute life changer for me. Now I am researching not o
    Have you tried this? https://www.familysearch.org/philippines/

How would we know that *they* haven't contacted us tho

This is one of the most profound and fascinating questions that humans have ever asked. The answer is not known for sure, but there are many scientific and philosophical arguments for and against the existence of life beyond Earth.
    Some people argue that we are not alone.
    The universe is vast and ancient, and it contains billions of galaxies, stars, and planets.
    The conditions for life are not unique to Earth, and there are many planets and moons that could potentially host liquid water, organic molecules, and energy sources. There are over 4,000 confirmed exoplanets, and some of them are in the habitable zone of their stars, where the temperature is suitable for life as we know it.
    iq test

10.    Advertisement

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5461626364