Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: how to fix iphone wifi problem

I had the same problem with my iphone 3g 16g and I was able to fix it. You may do the same before mo mag-restore. Ang nakakuyaw sa restore kung jailbroken imo phone kay basinn ma SWOD na hinoon.
    SWOD stands for spinning wheel of death, and this happens when the phone restarts after restoring and will not boot back on.
    Try these steps:
    1. check under settings >>> wifi - kung greyed out ang wifi, guba ang wifi chip sa iphone or naay issue ang connection sa chip ug logic board (fix: an iphone tech should be consulted)
    2. if you are on a home network nya maka-connect ang uban wireless devices except sa iphone, wireless settings sa router ang issue (fix: i-change ang wireless channel ug encryption sa router)
    3. go to settings >>> general >>> reset >>> reset network settings
    4. go to settings >>> turn on airplane mode >>> with the airplane mode on, go to wifi and try to detect a wifi network.. kung walay ma-detect kay balik sa settings nya i-off ang airplane mode then balik nasad sa wifi
    5. try to remember the most recent change that you did to your iphone.. kung naa moy gi-install nga app nya after ana nagkaproblema na ang wifi, uninstall it
    and the last step which i think solved my issue
    6. connect the iphone to your PC or MAC and open itunes... i-back up ang imo phone sa itunes...
    disconnect the cable >>> reset network settings >>> turn on airplane mode >>> go to wifi >>> turn off aiplane mode >>> go back to wifi (and viola! my iphone is now detecting my wifi network)

If any of the steps fixes your issue, kindly let us know which step, para benefit pud sa uban nga naay pareho ug problema sa atoa.

Quote Originally Posted by boobytrap79 View Post
    I had the same problem with my iphone 3g 16g and I was able to fix it. You may do the same before mo mag-restore. Ang nakakuyaw sa restore kung jailbroken imo phone kay basinn ma SWOD na hinoon.
    SWOD stands for spinning wheel of death, and this happens when the phone restarts after restoring and will not boot back on.
    Try these steps:
    1. check under settings >>> wifi - kung greyed out ang wifi, guba ang wifi chip sa iphone or naay issue ang connection sa chip ug logic board (fix: an iphone tech should be consulted)
    2. if you are on a home network nya maka-connect ang uban wireless devices except sa iphone, wireless settings sa router ang issue (fix: i-change ang wireless channel ug encryption sa router)
    4. go to settings >>> turn on airplane mode >>> with the airplane mode on, go to wifi and try to detect a wifi network.. kung walay ma-detect kay balik sa settings nya i-off ang airplane mode then balik nasad sa wifi
    5. try to remember the most recent change that you did to your iphone.. kung naa moy gi-install nga app nya after ana nagkaproblema na ang wifi, uninstall it
    6. connect the iphone to your PC or MAC and open itunes... i-back up ang imo phone sa itunes...
    disconnect the cable >>> reset network settings >>> turn on airplane mode >>> go to wifi >>> turn off aiplane mode >>> go back to wifi (and viola! my iphone is now detecting my wifi network)

If any of the steps fixes your issue, kindly let us know which step, para benefit pud sa uban nga naay pareho ug problema sa atoa.
    sa ako na case boss kay naka detect cya sa wifi network pero pag join nako kay fail cya dli cya ka sulod, i try resetting my router and as well as ang network sa iphone but after that dli na hino-on cya ka detect sa akong wifi network... tried resetting the network of the iphone + switching on/off airplane mode and etc same thing happen

common ni sa iphone 3g hehe

if your baseband is 6.15, your wifi WILL gradually lose wifi connectivity. currently there is no downgrade for 6.15 baseband, you might just want to use the 3g network for the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by boobytrap79 View Post
    Try these steps:

none of these worked on my iphone 3g...

greyed out mn pd gd, probably sa board or something...

naa mo lain option for this? bg-o rko nag reset, then nag update pd ko sa OS...

Sir, if dili ka duol sa router dili gyud maka detect ug wifi. Kay b/g support ra man ang wifi sa iPhones 1st generation up to the 3GS gud mao dili gyud kaayo siya maka detect if layo ka sa router. Kumpara nimo sa iPhone 4 and above b/g/n support siya up to 10 meters maka detect siya ug signal.

It is great to read about iPhone wifi problems! I suddenly lost internet access. The wifi was working fine last night but it was not even able to detect any wifi networks today. The router had been restarted, the settings on my iPhone had been reset, but still, no wifi. I had my iPod disabled so I chose Mobitrix's solution for the best assistance. Thank you!

8.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12