Default Re: Restaurant Reviews

abaca price

food
    400-2500

drinks
    180-1000

REDMOON Chinese restaurant - Banilad

food's authentic chinese and very affordable. where can you find a decent resto in which you would only spend 500 pesos for a dinner date? beat that =)

murag na challenge ko sa abaca da...hahaha

my officemates and I were supposed to go there for xmas dinner party...P1400 / person for the set dinner ang gi presyo sa amo.
    until now, nilampas nalang new year wala pa gyud mi ka dinner sa ka busy. hahaha hmm... sakto gyud, lets not discuss the price haha

o d'monyita, piyongan nalang nato...try things at least once. life is short!

@abaca review
    wow the prices are really steep. its like eating in plantation bay. your concerns are felt by your pocket not your tummy.hehehe

@iryn
    thnx sa big mao review. never knew the food was that good. I remember that lime chicken you've mentioned. It's called honey lemon chicken.

@anybody
    pwede request for more reviews. my isteyside cuzins are coming back. aside from all the feedbacks on the restos here on prices,ambience, and food. I'm kinda considering these restos also (kay daghan2x tao when I make labay around their area):

krua thai
    golden cowrie
    sen ryu

never been on the ff restos before so would anybody be kind enough to post their thoughts here? just wana know if its ok before trying it out. thnx

Blog Entries

golden cowrie - lahug

native meals - crispy pata, scallops, sinigang, pancit, to name a few sa ilang menu
    best of all bottomless rice
    ambiance is nice
    price is not cheap and not expensive = average
    service is good

Alavars de Cebu
    Address: The Hangar, Salinas Drive, Lahug

Cuisine: Filipino
    Price Range: Around 180-250++ per person
    Meals are priced at: P90 - P600 (but mostly 100+)

Well the new Alavars de Cebu is definitely a must try. Although there is not a lot of variety on the food choices, they do have good food. I highly recommend their crispy pata, which is priced around P280 (serves 3-4) and the banana-wrapped lapu-lapu, which comes with this really good sauce. If you're a fan of seafoods, they have a seafood platter which has a lil bit of everything (like scallops, etc.). The place is also famous for their crabs (i forgot the dish name, sorry!) which is around P500+ and serves 3-4.
    Drinks range from P25-P70.

The interiors are nice, simple yet classy. And the place has both airconditioned and non-airconditioned areas. The waiting staff is also friendly. Oh, and they serve complimentary tea! Sweet! I'm definitely going back.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10 :mrgreen:

@junpei,

the restaurants on your list are pretty good...but it really depends on who your taking out to the restaurants...your cousins are balikbayans? how old? are u trying to introduce Filipino dishes to them? you want to give them food they are familiar with? or impress them?

Krua Thai is ok...safe and predictable, you wont really go wrong unless they dont like Thai food and the price is just right
    I take my foreigner and balikbayan friends there, they werent disappointed. Lemon grass is an alternative...

Golden Cowrie Lahug ... good if its Filipino food you want. i havent been there in years, but if its the same quality as before
    im sure they will enjoy it

@Orange77
    yup, they're just here for a weeks' visit. 2nd time around this century after spending 20+ yrs abroad.
    nawh, just wanted to let them enjoy our available dishes here in cebu not really for the sake of trying to impress them. last time they were here they never got to like any of the food (native, japanese, korean...) except for a few dishes. they preferred fastfood over any restaurants anytime. I couldn't even believe they turned down roast pig (lechon) lol. its been quite a while and restos are popping up since the time from their last visit.

never had thai food but I might go and try it out one of these days. is it pricey? recommended budget?

@Galadriel
    so its mostly native dishes in golden cowrie? would you mind if I ask for a budget range?

thnx guys. really appreciate it

La Mignon Steak House("the Best Steak House in the City" or so they claim) in Ayala Entertainment Center...

SUCKS! There was like 5 of us, and bill was 2,500 pesos, and the service and food is one of the suckiest. We dont mind paying for such price if its worth it. But this is one of those in which its not... not at all!

First we ordered our meals, gave the beer one of us specifically said to be served ahead. Then they, on 3 occassions came back that 3 of our different orders were out of stock. They said food will be ready in 15-20 mins. It came to us 35 mins. after. Steak tastes like homemade steak, nothing special. Then we almost finished our food before the rest of the drinks came(and we kept on asking them about it). Their pasta is too sour. We ordered mushroom soups(it came along with our dish) and they served onion soups, and when we complained, they said they ran out of mushroom soup(if we didnt complain they didnt bother to explain)... the onion soup got more onions than soup, seems like they put all onions then add a bit of water then heat it up.

Its a total rip off! I prefer Jollibee or "pungko pungko" over it, that much I swear to God. WORST RESTAURANT I BEEN!

Avoid it at all cost unless you really have too much money to spend and have this thinking that we all got different tastes. But let me tell you, this is the first time my family and I agree on a restaurant's food/service. Usually we have different opinions.

-5/5

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast