Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Restaurant Reviews

@ agoi

thanks for the review sa alavars! this tuesday were going on a dinner with my barkada and were confused where to dine, sa chikaan, alavars or to be safe kai sa golden cowrie.
    its good that you included the price kai amu budget is around 200 to 250 per person.

is their rice botomless?

@edgeowns

i hate it when that happens, especially when half of the dishes you ordered are not available and they tell you only after 10-20 mins.

anyways, my dining experience at la maison was okey.. true there is nothing special with their food (we ordered salad and baby back ribs).

its was a saturday evening and it was busy, so maybe that explained why the orders took a bit long to arrive but it was okey we werent that hungry that time.

id rate la maison 3 stars

krua thai

here's my take on the restuarant, iv never tasted authentic thai food so i wouldnt know the difference but for me i think krua thai's food is on the 'safe side'. I dont think cebuanos are that ready to eat authentic food from our neighboring asian country, thats why if you have dined in krua thai you might notice that it has the 'timplang pinoy' or maybe its because the taste of our food has similarities lang din of the taste sa dishes of our neighbor countries.

but yes krua thai has good food. must try is their chicken patties with lemon sauce (i think, but i know its in the appetizers portion) and their lumpia.

I'm not a fan of lumpia but i did finish around 4 pcs. because it was good..accompanied by the sweet and spicy sauce.

their bagoong rice is also good.

pomelo salad also tastes yummy.

their honey rosted squid (im not sure of the name, but i know it had honey on it hehe) is a must try din!

i love the interiors of their restaurant, especially their BTC outlet.
    although there was this one time when i was eating at their SM branch, my dad asked for the bill, but i havent done eating yet (since i arrived late) and this one waiter dished out my plate without asking me if i was done.. i was a bit irked but it was okey, because the other servers were nice man sad.

dining experiece: 4/5

@junpei

if your relatives are into fast food and they passed up lechon, i think you should just take them somewhere else where food is served fast, i recommend you try AA's barbeque or TONGS eat all you can in mabolo, at least you dont get to wait too long for your order and they serve filipino food which i know they miss after eating US dishes and 'american adobo' (my term used for filipino dishes with american taste na) for almost 2 centuries. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Orange77
    murag na challenge ko sa abaca da...hahaha

my officemates and I were supposed to go there for xmas dinner party...P1400 / person for the set dinner ang gi presyo sa amo.
    until now, nilampas nalang new year wala pa gyud mi ka dinner sa ka busy. hahaha hmm... sakto gyud, lets not discuss the price haha

o d'monyita, piyongan nalang nato...try things at least once. life is short!
    my god 1400 per person?
    you know what better go and eat at MARCO POLO's buffet, it wont cost beyond 1000 per person and you get a taste of different DELICIOUS food pa. They have japanese, italian etc.

but true, try for once because life is too short!!!

Black Angus-Country Mall

we dined on the second week they were open. there wasn't a lot of choices available in the menu. i was craving for a caesar salad dat night and i was disappointed that they didn't offer it on the menu. anyways, my dad was kinda disappointed cos der wer about only 8 choices available on the menu for appetizers. he asked for something (i forgot what it was..) and the waitress told him it wasn't available. he asked for another choice, it wasn't available either. the same thing happened with his third choice. he was annoyed na, so i asked the waitress what was available and the waitress said only 2 choices were available. argh...why didn't she mention it earlier, diba? anyways, we had the steaks. the prices are pretty reasonable. the cheapest is less than 300. i chose the surf and turf (which was less than 400 pesos), which had 2 shrimps on the side. twas pretty good. very very tender.!!!! they also have other choices for steaks but they are more expensive. the person eating beside us ordered it and it was huge! 2 people could feast on it. desserts are good, they have the italian gelato choices that is also available in other restaurants like la tegola.
    i would rate this restaurant 4/5. it would have been 5/5 except for the appetizers incident.

@ iryn

I'm not too sure about the rice coz when we dined there, there were four of us. and we kinda ordered rice good for four. I was expecting it to be served individually but they served it altogether in a bowl/serving dish. then they refilled it after it was almost empty (at no added cost) hehehe. so i guess bottomless.

Enjoy it there ryn! Try their crispy pata. yummy!

oh wow! makagutom man inyo post..sorry dili nako kahimo ug review sa mga restaurant sa cebu since im out of cebu na.. but happy to read your post if ever mobakasyon mi. Miz Cebu gyud ug ang foods diha. Pure Cebuana gyud ko
    Makalaway sad inyo gipang post na review..hahay! juntis panaman ko.

@ Junpei

Thats kind of odd that your guests from the US would choose fastfood over real food. hehe but anyway, nalingaw lang
    siguro sila ug tilaw sa mga Filipino fastfood...jollibee? Which part of the US man sila?
    Iryn is right, you should take them to AAs or Tongs...very cheap, very Cebuano. hehehe How old are your guests?

Budget for Krua: P200-300 (my favorites would be the bagoon rice, lumpia, green mango salad, tom yom)

@iryn
    yeah, over kaayo ang abaca noh? hahaha its just because the owner is the chef and hes an expat and they are trying
    to market the resort and its restaurant as 5star thus the overpricing! tanawon lang..once maka adto nako, ill make a review.

as for the Marco Polo hehehe permi ko libre dinha....its good

@polishcebuana
    i can just imagine how u feel....everytime I travel mura kog mahome sick sa pagkaon diri. the first time I travelled i lost 10 lbs in 1 month kay dili gyud ko ganahan sa pagkaon..i ended up with just salad and fruits haahha however, during the next travels, kabalo nako mupili. but still, lahi ra gyud ang adobo ni mama ug ang bbq sa AAs

for orange77: sakto gyud ka makamingaw gyud ang AA's na barbecue ug ilang chorizo...pero naa nako lami na technique run sa barbecue pero mao lagi maghuwat pako ug summer diri arun maka barbecue ug balik..palaway nasad ko sa among mga silingan pero sad to say wala gyud puso diri..lami mangud ang barbecue parisan ug puso. Pero glad sad kay bisan asa ta abot kahinumdum magpangita gyud ta sa atong naandan na kan-on mao na pinoy cuisine mi if weekends. Hehehheh!

Lami paba gihapon ang tongs? since diha ko dili manko lamian sa ila food. Pero ganahan kay ako friends and family kay eat all you can man.

Banri Ramen House in X-roads, Banilad, Cebu

usually go there with family during weekends. order the usual japanese shoyu ramen (very oishi!) as in delicious. serving size is good specially if you order the Chasu ramen.

try their chahan (japanese fried rice) the best of their kind as compared to other japanese restaurant.

california maki is also good especially if the mango is sweet. also their sushi and sashimi like salmon sashimi.

my japanese friends swear that Banri's noodle is better than other manila restaurant and comparable to their japanese counterpart.

place is good for a power lunch and dinner or just a plain simple family meal.

the waitress are very polite, courteous and friendly.

overall service is rated: 4 as in good

price is overall not so cheap not so expensive and worth its taste in gold.

yummy! shoyu-ramen! chahan! gyoza! cha-soba! and all those goodies!

you don't need to order drinks because you will not get thirsty! as in so far as i know, they don't use much MSG as in Vetsin and thats a healthy note!

let me know your comments about that place.

p.s. owner is japanese. i am not japanese and i am not the owner and neither am i the friend of the owner.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast