Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Restaurant Reviews

golden cowrie - lahug

CHE LUCIE (French Restaurant)
    formerly located in IT Park and now near UC Banilad

-Appetizer "Fresh Salmon in lemon grass "
    -Main dish "chicken cordon blue" and "fish fillet + mushroom in white sauce" ( i forgot the exact name )
    -Drinks "White wine"
    -Desserts- forgot already
    we pay nearly 2.5K .The menu is in French word however there is an english translation beside on it. THe rate is quite pricey but we dont mind coz it was really a lavish dinner for us.
    The food is extremely yummy! The ambiance then was so cool and very romantic with a pianist playin you a good heart-warming music. But never tried their new location.

Rate: 3/5

SANDTRAP SPORTS BAR
    Ma. Luisa Village, Banilad

-We had our xmas party just recently and had a buffet type dinner. Food is tasteless, service attendant sucks but the ambiance is so cool. I love the location wide parking space, the pool, tennis court and the bar..Obviously coz its a sport's bar.
    Price- Food is affordable. We dont mind to have a glimpse on their menu bar for we directly proceed to PUMP for our spirits.

Rate: 2/5

MOON CAFE
    Guadalupe C.C

-Heard alot of good feedbacks so decided to have our post valentine dinner date with gurlfrens Feb 15. 3 of us ordered steaks (blue marlin, pork and beef) partnered it with garlic rice and a cold icey ice tea. I want my steak to be well done but they served it in a different way.. argghh...The rice is cold as my ice tea with "dukot pa!". Do i need to ask/demand a slicer/knife for my steak? It should be an SOP i guess. Then their spoon has this flowery design while the fork is smaller than the size of the spoon. Funny yet disappointing.. Service is really bad at that time. MY gurlfrens said "basin mga left over ni pag valentines day" I dont know if they read my comments i wrote in the tissue and gave it to the waiter. No doubt about the place. I love the location, the ambiance very spacious parking area.

Rate: 2/5

CAFE ORCHIDIA
    Nivel Hills Lahug

-MY first choice for fine dining. Had our wedding last yr. Im soooo in love with the place to the 10th level. OVerlooking the city scape, very quite and romantic..hahayy I missed my partner everytime I pass by the place. Food and the price is equally good and fair. One serving of Paella is good for 3-persons with the price of nearly 300. Not bad i think.

Rate 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by dagget
    abaca price
    drinks
    180-1000
    This does not include the wine pa gyud. As far as I know, their cheapest wine is set around P1,500 (bottle).

Quote Originally Posted by Orange77

@iryn
    yeah, over kaayo ang abaca noh? hahaha its just because the owner is the chef and hes an expat and they are trying
    to market the resort and its restaurant as 5star thus the overpricing! tanawon lang..once maka adto nako, ill make a review.

as for the Marco Polo hehehe permi ko libre dinha....its good
    hala almost the same ta og nahan sa krua thai.

waa swerte kaayu ka na free ka! freeh.i sad ko! lol =p

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel8

Guiseppe in Banilad (entry road to Ma. Luisa)

Italian restaurant

My wife and I have been there probably 10 times already. Even went there with visitors from overseas and never had a bad experience, always pleased. The service is no rush, fast, attentive and foremost neutral. It doesn't matter what you order or how you behave or are dressed, it's always a perfect neutral and attentive, friendly service. Try the seafood salad and compare it to La Tegola just down the road and you know what I mean. Pizza is good for 2, generous size portions. The prices are a bit on the steep side but still fine as long as you don't order the specials. SML is 60 pesos, pizza around 400, pasta around 350 to 400.
    I've eaten there.. and i like their salmon salad. I was never a salad fan, but i liked it! i liked the spaghetti, the pizza is good. I tried the ribeye.. . really it is so delicious.. but it's so so so expensive for a meal! hehehe!

ow ow alots been posted since my last read here

@Orange77
    my cuz are in their late 20's. yeah, I was also considering AA and those across bbrc. they say its affordable and not your usual stk. TONGs mabolo? hmmm never been there yet. if you say its eat-all-you-can definitely, I'll be there to try it out!!

thnx guys

black angus looks tempting. 300-400 seems affordable

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize2k7
    STK 'ta bai

In seach of good food, my wife and I again ventured in trying out this house that was transformed in to a restaurant. STK 'ta bai is along orchid street and from what I was told, is one of the original house/restaurants in that area. Thai soup, baked scallops and inihaw na blue marlin jaw were the choices for tonights food tryst with an old highschool classmate of mine and her hubby.

Delicious, juicy and tender were the words that came out of our mouths still filled with the sumptous feast brought to us. The place is clean and the food is well prepared. The food attendant are always on the look-out and waiting to be beckoned by the hungry customers. While presentation is not as classy as those you'd see in fancy restaurants, the taste makes up for it. Really affordable meal for a delectable dinner.

rating: 9/10
    I've been to that place. I recommend it as well. Sugba towa ug kilaw gyud. Whichever it is, they cook it right. And it's cheap. it's not really a place that relies on its ambience... kaon man gani ta kanang naa ra kilid sa canal basta lami lang gyud ang pakal.

place 6/10 - kinda huot.
    taste 9/10 - lami
    price 9/10 - affordabol.
    service 8/10 - dugay niabot akong coke.

overall 8/10

formo

the ambience is great but it seemed like they lacked waitstaff during the time we visited, and the place wasnt even half-full. the nacho appetizer was a hit and the quesidillas were pretty good. but when the main course arrived, the food was just very average in taste and small for the price of 250-350 pesos. the steak was too tough and we didn't finish it.

3/5

ila puti

sometimes the food is okay, sometimes it is not. the last time we ate, ok man amo na order but the waitress gave our appetizer to the wrong customer and wasn't able to serve it to us until after we've finished eating the main course. the food is worth the price of 90-150 na range per plate which includes rice most of the time. their frozen drinks are served on huge glasses which is a big plus. the time before that, we tried getting bahaw na rice na kana very dry and gahi najd..

3/5

red moon

fast service, great food and even better pricing. no complaints here. every dish we ordered came out great and it doesnt taste like boring chinese food usually served in grand maj, lumpia house (even tho sister comp cla), dimsum break and etc.

5/5

Chowabongga
    IT Park

I'm not sure if thats the correct spelling but its @ the etelecare building.
    Price of their food is reasonable, i recommend that you try their calamares (80 php) and their sisig (90 php).
    Both their garlic (20 php) and plain rice (10 php) taste great!

My officemates tried their breakfast meals with the rice omelette (50 - 60 pesos) and they were okey with the taste.. amazing lang gyud ang ilang rice omelette.

Although when i tasted the rice omelette murag parat ra cya gamay but okey ra.

The place has enough space to accomodate their customers.

Id rate it 4/5

Finally, my ABACA review.....

Ambience: At the gate you already feel the exclusivity of the botique resort (even if its not finished yet)...as expected its fancy
    at the same time easy and casual...cozy.

Service: The manager took good care of us, from reservations up to the time we left. Service
    was good (it wasnt perfect...king prawns served russian style fell on my friend's lap!) but over - all, unobtrusive at the same
    time attentive, we were served on time given that we were a big group, and they waiters are actually adept at serving wine.

Food: Excellent. I highly recommend the short ribs w/ gremolata, papperdalle pasta w/ wild mushrooms, and their flatbreads.

Price: PPPPP (P1400-P2000 nett / person)

If you dont mind the long drive and if you are willing to shell out some serious dough for a single dinner (that could buy
    my entire grocery supply for a whole month!) then I would highly recommend Abaca Restaurant in Punta Engano.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast