Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Cool Android Application Development

Hello programmers,

I would like to share and perhaps learn more about android app development. The topics at The Android Thread is more on hardware and support. I'm expecting like-minded individuals who are into mobile app programming to participate and share with us their thoughts and experiences.

I wish I'll find programmers/developers with similar interest in android application development. I'm not into mobile app development. The field is still new to me and i'm still exploring (murag Dora the explorer).

Reading the introduction and tutorial at Introduction | Android Developers, i successfully run the "Hello World" sample program. I also made my own launcher icon.

I also have learned that you don't have to own an android phone to develop android app. The ADT (android developer tool) provides an emulator where you can run your code. That means you have an Android OS running on your PC.

But, having an android phone will give you an option to run it directly. when you choose to run your code in the phone, the app will install the app and run it on your device.

Kung kinsay gusto makat-on and the same time makatabang sa atong fellow cebuanos, akong plano is maghimo ug android app for Cebuanos or anyone who are in Cebu.

Some projects i have in mind:

1. Cebu Tourist Spots - simple list sa mga tourist spots sa cebu. pwede pud google maps haron makita unsa sila gilay-on sa tourist spot. Pwede pud diri mag-provide ta ug mga pictures gikan istorians photography.

2. Cebu Jeepney Routes - List sa mga PUJ routes (e.g. 12A,01C,06B,14D) ug ilang mga streets na maagian.

Default Re: Android Application Development

up nato ni. but keep in mind lng nato na wala pay labot ang Phils sa paid app availability sa android. So dili pa ta makabaligya ug apps sa market. free apps, pwede.

Free apps is what i have in mind. Its more about the learning how to develop mobile app than gaining profit. Beside sa mga proposed project daku pud sya tabang sa mga Pinoy na wala pa masweto sa jeep routes sa Cebu.

And if tourist would like to explore the City by Jeep, daku pud sya ug tabang.

...maau ni nga mga ideas bro..i was also thinking about this...i'm still testing gps accuracy on my android device with in cebu city....di man kaau accurate gud if magdagan ang sakyanan or naa dagko building or trees...hehe

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

meron bang GPS ground station sa cebu city area?

bai count me in...intrested ko.....buhat tag mga projects bai.....so unsa man?game?heheheh

just create a launcher using the webview control and just develop using html/javascript para less ng development time

Nakahuna2x sad ko ug Cebu Jeep Routes sa una... plano nako nga mangita ang app ug shortest path from source to destination... Unya mo-automatic sad ug compute sa total fare... Problema lang, asa ta pwede mangita ug reliable map para sa mga routes? Sa LTO?

UPDATE: Naa ko nakit-an nga list of routes dire. Grabeha sad aning LTFRB wui... Pahimoan pa man jud ug letter para lang ani Ata*a sad aning red tape wui. Dapat i-privatize na lang tanan agencies sa government...
    Last edited by simoncpu; 05-11-2011 at 08:26 PM.

after ko palit, count me in...

Ganahan kaayo ko ani na idea, brader. Nangita pd kog projects aning mobile app programming. Pero sa iPhone lng toh ako giitan-aw.

Count me in. Pero at the moment, medyo puno kaayo ako plate. Ug na ako spare time, I'll contribute.

Just some thoughts, I'd like to pass along:
    Pwede ta mu start on a small demographic. And ilahang routes and fares to major landmarks dri sa Cebu ato sugdan. Then hinay2x tag kuha sa tanan routes. Then GPS dayon.

Let's start with students. Sila mn jd ang mas maka benefit ani na project. Start tag USC, UC, UP, UV ug USP.

What you think?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast