Page 2 of 1197 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default .. all about Religion here..

if you do an investigative research detailing all the doctrines, teachings and archaeological claims each religion has, then you can judge for yourself the true religion. being open-minded, reasonable and truthful can lead you to it too. for there is a general rule that if you seek then you shall find. but you cant get it in just reading this thread. you need to find it yourself diligently - for the TRUTH will set you free! :mrgreen:

or it would be too late.

fast facts about the bible

1. How many books are in the Bible?
    The Bible contains 66 books, divided among the Old and New Testaments.

2. How many books are in the Old Testament?
    There are 39 books in the Old Testament.

3. How many books are in the New Testament?
    There are 27 books in the New Testament.

4. What does "testament" mean?
    Testament means "covenant" or "contract."

5. Who wrote the Bible?
    The Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by over 40 different authors from all walks of life: shepherds, farmers, tent-makers, physicians, fishermen, priests, philosophers and kings. Despite these differences in occupation and the span of years it took to write it, the Bible is an extremely cohesive and unified book.

6. Which single author contributed the most books to the Old Testament?
    Moses. He wrote the first five books of the Bible, referred to as the Pentateuch; the foundation of the Bible.

7. Which single author contributed the most books to the New Testament?
    The Apostle Paul, who wrote 14 books (over half) of the New Testament.

8. When was the Bible written?
    It was written over a period of some 1,500 years, from around 1450 B.C. (the time of Moses) to about 100 A.D. (following the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ).

9. What is the oldest book in the Old Testament?
    Many scholars agree that Job is the oldest book in the Bible, written by an unknown Israelite about 1500 B.C. Others hold that the Pentateuch (the first five books of the Bible) are the oldest books in the Bible, written between 1446 and 1406 B.C.

10. What is the youngest book in the Old Testament?
    The book of Malachi, written about 400 B.C.

11. What is the oldest book of the New Testament?
    Probably the book of James, written as early as A.D. 45.

12. What is the youngest book in the New Testament?
    The Book of Revelation is the youngest book of the New Testament, written about 95 A.D.

13. What languages was the Bible written in?
    The Bible was written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

14. When was the Bible canonized?
    The entire New Testament as we know it today, was canonized before the year 375 A.D. The Old Testament had previously been canonized long before the advent of Christ.

15. What does "canon" mean?
    "Canon" is derived front the Greek word "Kanon," signifying a measuring rod. Thus, to have the Bible "canonized" meant that it had been measured by the standard or test of divine inspiration and authority. It became the collection of books or writings accepted by the apostles and leadership of the early Christian church as a basis for Christian belief. It is the standard by which all Christians throughout the ages live and worship.

16. When was the first translation of the Bible made into English?
    1382 A.D., by John Wycliffe.

17. When was the Bible printed?
    The Bible was printed in 1454 A.D. by Johannes Gutenberg who invented the "type mold" for the printing press. It was the first book ever printed.

18. What is the oldest almost-complete manuscript of the Bible now in existence?
    The Codex Vaticanus, which dates from the first half of the fourth Century. It is located in the library of the Vatican in Rome. There are older fragments of the Bible that are still preserved however-- the oldest being a tiny scrap of the Gospel of John was found in Egypt, dating back to the beginning of the second century. (It is currently in the Rayland's Library in Manchester, England).

19. What is the longest book in the Bible?
    The book of Psalms.

20. What is the shortest book in the Bible?
    2 John.

21. What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
    Psalm 119

22. What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
    Psalm 117

23. What is the longest verse in the Bible?
    Esther 8:9

24. What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
    John 11:35

25. Which book in the Bible does not mention the word "God?"
    The book of Esther.

26. Who was the oldest man that ever lived?
    Methuselah who lived to be 969 years old (Genesis 5:27).

27. Who were the two men in the Bible who never died but were caught up to heaven?
    Enoch, who walked with God and was no more (Genesis 5:22-24). Elijah, who was caught up by a whirlwind into heaven (II Kings 2:11).

28. Who does the Bible say was the meekest man in the Bible (not including Jesus)?
    Moses (Numbers 12:3).

29. How many languages has the Bible been translated into?
    The Holy Bible has been translated into 2,018 languages, with countless more partial translations, and audio translations (for unwritten languages). (This is an enormous amount of translations. In comparison, Shakespeare, considered by many to be the master writer of the English language, has only been translated into 50 languages.)

30. Is the Bible still the best-selling book in the world?
    Yes, indeed!

correct me if this is wrong or give some additional info.. thanks...
    God bless

i don't have a vast collection of knowledge stored up my brain with regards to the subject of religion, so i have a question for the posters in this thread..

let's talk about Religion and Salvation..

is religion necessary for us to attain eternal salvation?

opinions/comments are very much appreciated..

thanks..

as i have said, religion is only a tool for one to know true salvation but being in a religion doesn't mean you're already in for salvation. in contrary, you cant have eternal salvation without religion. in short, religion is necessary but it doesn't equate to salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by jugs_06
    ^^ok.. sorry i failed to read your first post.. thanks bro..
    no problem.

What do you mean by edited?

"edit" can also mean "eliminate" or "delete" or "cut"

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source ed·it (dt) Pronunciation Key
    tr.v. ed·it·ed, ed·it·ing, ed·its

To prepare (written material) for publication or presentation, as by correcting, revising, or adapting.
    To prepare an edition of for publication: edit a collection of short stories.
    To modify or adapt so as to make suitable or acceptable: edited her remarks for presentation to a younger audience.
    To supervise the publication of (a newspaper or magazine, for example).
    To assemble the components of (a film or soundtrack, for example), as by cutting and splicing.
    To eliminate; delete: edited the best scene out

In fact if you click Edit on your menu, one of the choices that will appear is CUT.

I mean what has been edited?
    I want to know which has been edited?
    I didn't ask the definition.

Peace.

What do you mean by edited?

your question above sounded like your asking for the definition.

I mean what has been edited?
    I want to know which has been edited?

These two questions here are quite specific, to the point and does not misled.

What has been edited my friend? If I post it again now, question to asked would be "then why did I edit it in the first place right? Which has been edited my friend? Don't need to answer this question my friend. If I answer it I might sound sarcastic. Just have a look-see and you'll get your answer, Okay my friend

maybe i will tell you if you say "Please"

Bless ya

This is a forum my friend not a hide and seek.
    I don't know what have i been edited.
    Edited come when you delete some words or reconstruct the recorded or written statement.
    Did I sight any verse that you will tell that I edited it?

Which has been edited my friend? Don't need to answer this question my friend. If I answer it I might sound sarcastic.

How come it will be sarcastic?

Peace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 1197 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast