Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kazki View Post
    This is good, IF you're only thinking of what's "here and now".

People who look beyond would probably choose wisely.

Be well paid in SG, take 3 hour flights to see your whole family in the PH and tickets cost just 200 SGD(or lower).

Or... you could go to AU or NZ... enjoy the housing crisis, summer heat waves, gloomy winters, mild racism in some areas, expensive food, expensive cost of living... i can google and go on.. lol

It's a matter of opinion. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdi View Post
    OT:

...meaning... most of us who choose to work nga duol ra og dali ra i-uli are NOT choosing wisely. Good for you Boss.

Nice one!

OT :

Kani si "Wisely" bah, mo dagan jd kada election, pero dli jd maka daog. "Vote Wisely!".
    Naa cya gihapon supporters diri sa forum dah. Kamo mga taga SG, wala mo ni botar ni Wisely gd. hahaha

Default Going to New Zealand and Australia is it worth it???

parehas ra gyud na sila tanan... depende ra gyud na sa situation...

Sa SG ron kay lisod kung magsugod ka pa lang kay gahigpit sila sa mga foreigner nga naa sa "other" race na category. If makajackpot ka man gani ug employment pass, ang prob (most especially kung pamilyado) kay ang pag-PR. Bisan gani ug PR ka karong panahuna, mamroblema ka pa-approve PR sa imong spouse or anak. Nya lisod ma-aaprove para mahimong citizen para makakuha sa tanan privilege ug benefits.

naa koy amigo diri na PR ang bana ug asawa, ang ilang anak (na dapat P1 karon na year) kay wala kaeskwela kay dili man PR, nya walay school allocation.

swerte ko ug gamay kay atong time na miari akong duha ka anak kay lahi pa man ang patakaran. Ang malas kay wala gyud maapprove akong PR. So mura ko ron nagpaeskwela ug duha ka college sa akong P1 ug P5.
    Last edited by tatskie; 09-30-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dignos_superstar View Post
    Be well paid in SG, take 3 hour flights to see your whole family in the PH and tickets cost just 200 SGD(or lower).

Or... you could go to AU or NZ... enjoy the housing crisis, summer heat waves, gloomy winters, mild racism in some areas, expensive food, expensive cost of living... i can google and go on.. lol

It's a matter of opinion. The grass is always greener on the other side.
    Yup... tanan country naa pros and cons. I'm not defending NZ or OZ but you do have to respect other non-tangible things such as "Permanence".

Hence the "here and now" statement.

Wa man ko niingon nga bati ang sg or mas maau ang nz or oz, pero as you grow older, other things do come in to mind. Daghan kog amigo nga nag.sg sauna, daun later on nakarealise sila naa uban needs na mas importante kaysa income or material things especially when growing a family and other realities kick in.

Pro tip - keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kazki View Post
    Yup... tanan country naa pros and cons. I'm not defending NZ or OZ but you do have to respect other non-tangible things such as "Permanence".

Hence the "here and now" statement.

Wa man ko niingon nga bati ang sg or mas maau ang nz or oz, pero as you grow older, other things do come in to mind. Daghan kog amigo nga nag.sg sauna, daun later on nakarealise sila naa uban needs na mas importante kaysa income or material things especially when growing a family and other realities kick in.

Pro tip - keep an open mind.
    You are the one who brought up the idea that people who moved to AU/NZ are the ones who "choose wisely", everyone was keeping an open mind except you.
    Working abroad, save money, start a business in the PH and retire in the PH is choosing wisely as well.

Pro tip - read what you write(twice) before giving away "pro-tips"

Actually, it's wise enough to include Canada/Germany/US/Japan in the same context you guys are talking coz it's not only Oz/Nz/Sg ang maka provide sa needs ninyo.

Well, JP is the epitome of officialdom so maybe we can take that out.

There's no right or wrong here. The answers are expected to be subjective. For some people, they are looking at quality of life in general, while some are looking at specifics, i.e., better education, family, job opportunity, culture, safety, etc.

So it's up to the OP to sum up everything objectively kung asa sa mga replies mo suit sa iyaha situation.

I will be moving down there in Oz early next year with my family, after spending 8 good years here in SG. I'll come back to this thread once i am there to say if it is really worth it.

no choice is better than the other. it's just a matter of personal preferences and reasons. Situations matter most. In my case, I chose to move from sg to oz because of family. I've been trying to get a PR in sg to bring my family in close and be with them every single day. But luck was not on my side so I decided to try it out on the other and I'm glad I did coz I get to see my child the most as he grow up. Money wise, I still have a better pay in SG than oz but I never once regret I have chosen this path.

Quote Originally Posted by tal_polano View Post
    no choice is better than the other. it's just a matter of personnel preferences and reasons. Situations matter most. In my case, I chose to move from sg to oz because of family. I've been trying to get a PR in sg to bring my family in close and be with them every single day. But luck was not on my side so I decided to try it out on the other and I'm glad I did coz I get to see my child the most as he grow up. Money wise, I still have a better pay in SG than oz but I never once regret I have chosen this path.
    idlas pa sa ihalas ang pagkuha ug PR sa SG...murag naghigpit sila sukad 2009.

I remember in the PR form nga naay gi ask unsa ang Race...I wrote down "Human"...basin mao sd to rason nga na reject ko sa una.

Anyways, enjoy your life in OZ, i bet it's better than SG.

Quote Originally Posted by tatskie View Post

I will be moving down there in Oz early next year with my family, after spending 8 good years here in SG. I'll come back to this thread once i am there to say if it is really worth it.
    WOW! That's nice.
    8 years, dako2x natigum.

Asa imo target na City sir?
    Update pd unya if tag pila ang rent per week ug pila ka mins drive from the city ang balay.

Dako kaau ug advantage ang gikan SG then mo balhin lain nasud like AU kay dli na kaau ka ma surprised sa cost of living aside sa food(barato kaau ang ananas).

If gikan ka sa PH, everytime you buy something, mo convert ka to PHP, sakit kaau sa dughan.
    Espectially if wla pa ka trabaho.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast