Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Infractions: 0/3 (6)

Default A simple question about these seminar-seminar...

Daghan na kaayo diri nag offer mga free seminar.
    At one point I was being told that they have no intention but to push for financial literacy, no gains so to speak, wa silay makuha in return, they are just trying to educate people.

This section is called "Business, Finance & Economics Discussions".
    Supposed to be the discussions should happen here, and not somewhere else.
    Kung gusto mo, ipost na diri ang mga contents ana inyong seminar para mabasa sa uban, madiscuss, ug makalearn sila.

And this is my question, kay wa pa koy idea jud aning inyong mga seminar seminar.
    And you say you are not selling, not recruiting and not advertising any item or services.

Question:

What happens after the seminar?

• Do you just let them go home just like that?
    • Without ever attempting to encourage them to open an account, enroll, or join?
    • Do you talk to them and try to encourage them to get some plan, subscription, etc?
    • Do you contact them a few days later for follow up offers?
    • Do you send promotional emails of some sort?

What happens after the seminar? Please enlighten me.

Default Re: A simple question about these seminar-seminar...

Hi YJOB;

On First Metro Securities Brokerage Corp's end. We don't hold them to any kind of obligation to open an account when they join the seminar. It truly is just investment literacy; the main reason we invite them over is that the speakers are coming from Manila and it would be practically impossible for them to give input/output on market conditions, company updates, etc through a forum. It really is an open forum that most people enjoy the most. But it also wouldn't be investment literacy if we don't tell them that we do have the facilities to provide for their investment needs.

After the seminar:
    1. we do just let them go without any sort of obligation
    2. we tell them that we have the facilities in place, but this is because without telling them that these facilities are in place; there would be no outlet for investment
    3. no plan, no subscription, our platforms don't work like that
    4. we don't contact them after for offers. We actually do not have offers aside from what we currently have
    5. no, we do not send promotional e-mails.

I apologize if it seems like we have broken some rules. But these seminars, are meant solely for investment literacy. I would really like to invite you to join one of them in the future just so there wouldn't be any kind of confusion of what we actually do. Again, my apologies, and i do hope that we can still post future seminars in this forum. Thank you

Norman Go
    FMSBC

Yjob,

This also applies to First Metro Asset Management Inc.

James
    FAMI

Elite Member

How about the IMG company? Maybe one of you can provide some inputs about your intentions over the inquiries of Mr. YJOB?

That would settle the score behind your seminar invitations too. FAMI and FMSBC already cleared their side. I think its about time for you guys to tell your side of the story.

=========================

Infractions: 0/3 (6)

The IMG thread is constantly updated.
    I am assuming that you have noticed this thread too.
    Will be waiting for your inputs.

I'm from IMG.

In my case, after the lecture. They will be the one to approach me.
    In most cases they want to learn more and want to have their financial blueprint.
    It is their decision and I'm only there to guide them.

If they want to know more, I can give them Financial Planning blueprint.
    I don't know with other brokers, but for me, most of my guest wanted to sketch their Financial Blueprint.

They will be the one to decide if they wanna start their financial plan.
    I'm only their to guide them and show and educating them different Financial programs out there.
    Last edited by lorenzoleo; 03-15-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Hi Mr. YJOB,

Just out of curiosity, would it still be ok to post seminars on FMSBC/FAMI's side? I would truly want you to come in and sit down so you see there is no "selling" involved. Thanks

Norman

I'm from IMG and here's my take on this thread.

Our lectures are generally made up of two parts, first is financial literacy in general, and second, the application of the things that they have learned. For everybody's info (just in case somebody else still doesn't have an idea about what IMG is), we have partner companies to whom we refer our clients and attendees just in case they find some products or financial services interesting or suitable to their needs. So basically, these companies and financial services and products that they offer are the applications to the financial concepts that we teach.

1.) Do you just let them go home just like that?

It depends. If the attendee/s show interest and they willingly stay, they are welcome. But if they aren't interested, they can freely go. We don't force people.

2.) Without ever attempting to encourage them to open an account, enroll, or join?

We clearly and transparently discuss and let our clients and attendees understand how the policies, savings programs, and investments work provided that they show interest first. We simply lay everything on the table and let them make decisions. I think this is different from encouraging them to join us or get a policy or two because we just let them understand and see what IMG is and its partner companies. Whatever their decisions are, we respect it.

3.) Do you talk to them and try to encourage them to get some plan, subscription, etc?

Same as above, number 2.

4.) Do you contact them a few days later for follow up offers?

We only do to people who have shown their interest and given their permission and who are willing to set a different appointment whether for more financial planning lecture/s or share the things that we teach to their families, friends, etc. Apart from that, we contact clients to remind them when their premiums/policies are due.

5.) Do you send promotional emails of some sort?

No, we don't send emails or any marketing materials to people.

IMG is a very huge organization and its members/brokers are divided into teams. Just like any other organizations, there are bad eggs in the basket, and in behalf of other IMG members and in IMG itself, I apologize for that. I am aware and have even read several undesirable experiences of several Istoryans with a number of IMG brokers who get too pushy, annoying, and even unprofessional. However, just because some brokers/teams are doing it the wrong way, doesn't mean that everybody in IMG does it the wrong way.

IMG is into the financial distribution business, not recruitment, in contrary to what many people think about IMG. I hope that this has somewhat cleared some smog regarding IMG here in Istorya. Thanks.

If you still have concerns regarding IMG, I'd be glad to answer it here.

IMG ba kay klaro man kayo nga recruitment ni. Cover lang man nang ilang literacy literacy. Discuss na sila literacy kono pero ang ila gamiton ila illustrations and examples kay ang ila man mga products na baligya na if kono mo palit/invest ka ani na product mao daw ni mahitabo nimo, mao ni imo kwarta at the end of this and that. Then nig homan sa ila seminar seminar pangutan-on dayan ka if palit ba ka or invest ba ka..Then ikaw maikog ka na mobalibad dayon, moingon ka na imo lang sa hona-hona-on..Then i follow up dayon ka if naka hunahuna na ba daw ka kay kadto nag recruit nimo or ang nag seminar nimo naa dayon to siya commission if mo invest na ka or palit ka ila products. So mas daghan ila ma recruit mas daghan ila commission...hehehe

"wa silay makuha in return, they are just trying to educate people"

Mag kapoy kapoy kaha ni sila ug wala pa?..ngeekkk.
    Last edited by grant_9000; 04-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Based on my experience with IMG Seminar2x.

First - dool ka sa reception lista sa name nya ing2x mangayo sa name sa nag invite nothing to worry walay bayad, ila-la sa mga gitawag nila nga MD "Marketing Director" cool rank/level or whatever it is, this is equal to a Manager..shake-hands2x dayon..oi ai oi ai..
    Second - tawgon namo mga red bato nga pen adto mo sa pikas room.. discuss dayon sa mga financial blah3x but nindot ha promise..nya naa pod gamay share sa experience base sa kinabuhi sa nag conduct sa training.
    Third - human ang seminar mga 30mins-1hr.
    Fourth - mao nani.. anhi na mag daog .. katong nag invite nimo mo ana nah nga.. adto sa naa pa meeting ni Mr. MD before ta manguli kadyot..ing3x...bukhad dayon sa mga products unsa kaagi nila.. nindot kaayo.pero naa ra nako kong mo join daw ko.. pakita dayon sa mga recibo sa mga hosipital nga nindot gyud ning ilang best seller nga Kaizer. pero sa tinood nindot mangyud..
    (wait a minute) wala pako kabalo sa unsaon pag income namo kong mo join meh.. karon .. gebukhad na ang libro.. toara Networking diay abi nako direct selling "Broker" like the movie (The Pursuit of Happyness)..ni bagting akong tingkoy sh8 networking napud Lord oh.. ni salig raba gyud unta ko sa nag invite nako kay schoolmate me sauna.. wala gyud siya mag hisgot nga Networking diay ni nga seminar.. ang iya ra ge ingon nako nga "Ganahan kag side line" ana ko ge..ni assume sab ko nga technical nga sideline kay technical person baya meng duwa.. sos na dismaya ko sa akong experience..
    pero overall sa seminar nindot ang presentation.. ang bad side is recruiting.. kanang ge ingon nila nga pde rako dili mang recruit nahh.. nya hayahay kaayo naa sa babaw..dili na lang ko mas hisgot pila ang share2x sa %...

"walay silay makuha sa seminar because they only trying to educate people about financial literacy" hmmmm why not teach people in the province nga lo-oy gyud kaayo ang kahimtang.. helping man gyud kaha ni inyo..

IMG
    Product - 90%-98% thumbs up
    Recruit2x - 100% thumbs down
    Last edited by tsunade; 04-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast