Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default re: Recent Updates: 2Q-4Q 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BeoR View Post
    * Testing "Show Similar Threads on Thread Creation" plugin.
    * Fixed Search Permissions. Guests and Logged-in Users should be getting more or less the same results now.
    so after we create the thread, what factors precisely will the site look for? same words in title line?? same content? just checking cause if same words, I can always change the words to stand out more but still have the same content inside said thread.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peewee_toot View Post
    how about you give the thread starter to delete/end the thread? esp. sa buy and sell section.

sige ko report sa akong thread ky ako unta ipa delete pero until now ky wala pa juy action. 1 year na ang ni labay. im not ranting. naka sabot ra pud ko ky basin busy kaayo ang mga MODS. dili ra baya kana ilang trabaho.

mao ng it would be best nga itugot ni nga feature para at least makuha2xan ang trabaho sa mga MODS. less hassle pa sila ilang part. unya dili na mo bug-at ang system sa istorya.net.

whatchathink sir beor?
    I am looking at granting "Thread Closing" but I want it so that the prefix will change automatically. Giving "Delete" permissions is tricky, risky, and prone to a lot of abuses. One example is circumventing certain rules such as "Bumping". Seeing makes mods jobs easier. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by james_chaw View Post
    so after we create the thread, what factors precisely will the site look for? same words in title line?? same content? just checking cause if same words, I can always change the words to stand out more but still have the same content inside said thread.
    Words in titles. It doesn't scan content.

* Implemented some server tweaks.

How about a preventive measure for "necros" from resurrecting threads that are long dead and irrelevant anymore?
    dead thread means that there has been no activity (no new replies) for a period of time.

Necro(s) [short for necromancer] is a colloquial term we use here to describe the user that resurrects a dead thread.
    If X posts a new reply (2012) on a 2008 thread, X is considered a necro.

Q: but what if its a query in BnS? like: "naa pa ni?" "availabale pa ni?"

S: it is always up to the X to check the date when the thread was created.
    but there are still some that post on old threads.
    a query on a thread created 2 years back may obviously not be for sale anymore or X is not active in the website anymore.
    for these cases, my suggestion is inline with sir Beor's idea which is to put up an automatic prefix system that differentiates this threads. like "OLD" or anything close to that.

or a prompt that would make X aware that the thread is old. just like the prompt you received when your post is too short.
    something like:
    "You are posting to an old thread. Continue?"
    Then a Yes or No dialogue box, the same one you experience when you log out.

Q: what if its a reply to long-standing threads or threads made on 2008? like sticky threads and such.

S: this is not a dead thread, simply because it has not been idle for a long time.
    so no action required.

If implemented, this might prove useful in the Science and Tech sections, wherein information before may not be relevant today, and bringing up that dead threads will just clutter the 1st page.

It might make the same effect to the BnS section also.

note:
    Q = question
    S = suggestion

i hope you get my point.
    if there is an existing countermeasure for this, just ignore my suggestions. hehe
    Last edited by shryock; 05-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I am looking at granting "Thread Closing" but I want it so that the prefix will change automatically. Giving "Delete" permissions is tricky, risky, and prone to a lot of abuses. One example is circumventing certain rules such as "Bumping". Seeing makes mods jobs easier. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    naa jud na pros and cons. hope mas daghan kag nakita nga pros ani kysa sa cons. whatever your decision is, ikaw mn jd ang masunod master. hehehe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boy.Tuko(BT) View Post
    I think sir nindot if you allow users to edit also the titles of their threads... IDK if its a bug or what pero I can edit my thread title but after I save it mao ra ghapon... if it's a bug I request a fix but if it part of your rules, I request a freedom to use the feature. Thanks sir.
    bad side to this is thread confusion

and the request station is right over here https://www.istorya.net/forums/suppor...ests-here.html

Quote Originally Posted by dv1000 View Post
    suggestion lang ni...nice unta if ibalik ug post ang 'Buy n Sell' threads sa 'New Posts' page
    just click the search tab at the upper left part after you click what's new... then click search single content type tab then click search now tab at the bottom right part ....

or just simply click the Quick Links tab at the upper part of the forum then click today's post
    Last edited by AntitaniC; 06-03-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: updating info

nice mga boss, magka nindot jud ta ani kay cge man ug update.

Blog Entries

- Implemented some more server tweaks in preparation for our upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.

Cool new features and upgrades boss BoeR! Thanks for the reminders.

More Power istorya.net! hangyo lang ko pwde ma enable akong signature?

Blog Entries

* Testing "Show Similar Threads on Thread Creation" plugin.
    Words in titles. It doesn't scan content.
    Hi boss, is this plugin only prompts to user for similar or exact thread titles but still allowed to continue posting? As you can see in below screenshot, a spammer still allowed to create duplicate threads.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast