View Poll Results: Close/Lock the Free Internet threads?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's appropriate that these threads be closed.

29 19.33%
  • No, there is nothing wrong with it.

111 74.00%
  • Undecided.

10 6.67%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: OPEN FORUM On Free Internet (USB Modems)

Quote Originally Posted by psychemaster View Post
    para sa akoa dili illegal ang vpn. if the use of vpn is illegal then ang ISP itself shud block vpn tunneling pero mga isp mismo naa vpn nga business.

the servers gigamit sa vpn is not for free. kun naa man gani nanghatag ug free access sa vpn then that person is generous enough to share kay he is the one paying for the servers so that others can have internet.
    The servers used for VPN may have paid subscription but they are using these APN's to link to their VPN servers:
    1. fbband
    2. minternet
    3. internet.globe.com.ph
    4. http.globe.com.ph
    5. smartbro

They can't get into their VPN servers without going through this Access Points. Access Points that are maintained and serviced at a cost.
    Last edited by twEATer; 09-04-2012 at 05:30 PM.

dugay naman diri sa istorya.net ang mga FBT(free browsing tricks) like ultrasurf, cproxy, tor, vidalia, proxy etc.
    Piro ang VPN bag-o lang cguro diri. Dili ni siya illegal
    dugay ra sd nkabalo ang mga TELCOS ani. sila ra sd ang naghatag ug way para sa mga FBT's
    unya sila ra sd bahala mag upgrade sa ilang firewall para mawala ang mga FBT.

So kung Bad effect jd ang FBT diri, e delede na lang ang mga threads sa Free Internet.

^ ^ daghan pa gyud ky na bag-ohan sa FBT/UBT Trick dri dri bro, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by twEATer View Post
    The servers used for VPN may have paid subscription but they are using these APN's to link to their VPN servers:
    1. fbband
    2. minternet
    3. internet.globe.com.ph
    4. http.globe.com.ph
    5. smartbro

They can't get into their VPN servers without going through this Access Points. Access Points that are maintained and serviced at a cost.

not true at all.... clearly wala pka kasuway mag vpn... ky bsag dili ka mag configure ug APN sa smartbro, palit lang ka ug buddy 3G sim ibutang sa imo usb modem, mka konek gyapon ka sa dashboard sa smart as well as mka konek gyapon ka sa vpn...

Meaning, 19-4-gotten na kaayo ning mga FBT/UBT trick, nagkalata na ang info ani sa TELCOS... basin daghan nagtuo nga wala cla idea about ani, even so, wala cla nag post/implement ug policy use of vpn is illegal... yet daghan ky dri master pa sa globe ug smart nga dili ka uyon sa vpn... just sayin...

vpn is not illegal, it is a technology. as posted in this thread earlier, it is used to connect separated private networks shall we say branch ofc & head ofc using the public network but securely. so basically, an internet connection is needed so that vpn will work not that vpn is needed in order to have internet.

free internet thru' vpn is a tweak of the vpn's original purpose. wa ba mo kahibalo nga naglabad ng ulo sa mga wireless entities pag-mitigate ning mga free internet nga migamit sa ilang infra? laliman pa kag mugasto pa sila upgrade para lang ning mga kalakiha?

actually i tried this free internet thru' vpn before i think sa kang wens, it is worth trying the tricks. ur 1 of the best out there, thanks. it is only that my conscience is not free, only the internet connectivity is free, free as in discounted kag upto 95%. Make it a VAS business wens as retail internet, just like retail SMS, surely i will subscribe really kay sa pagkatinuod lang pud kamang man pud ning mga wireless telco oi.

Quote Originally Posted by netcommando View Post
    vpn is not illegal, it is a technology. as posted in this thread earlier, it is used to connect separated private networks shall we say branch ofc & head ofc using the public network but securely. so basically, an internet connection is needed so that vpn will work not that vpn is needed in order to have internet.

free internet thru' vpn is a tweak of the vpn's original purpose. wa ba mo kahibalo nga naglabad ng ulo sa mga wireless entities pag-mitigate ning mga free internet nga migamit sa ilang infra? laliman pa kag mugasto pa sila upgrade para lang ning mga kalakiha?

actually i tried this free internet thru' vpn before i think sa kang wens, it is worth trying the tricks. ur 1 of the best out there, thanks. it is only that my conscience is not free, only the internet connectivity is free, free as in discounted kag upto 95%. Make it a VAS business wens as retail internet, just like retail SMS, surely i will subscribe really kay sa pagkatinuod lang pud kamang man pud ning mga wireless telco oi.
    like ko ani.

kanang taga telco ka bro?
    murag na worry man gd ka sa ilang magasto sa upgrade. billionaire na cla bro, soon ikaw sd.

Globe's Terms and Conditions
    http://shop.globe.com.ph/terms_condi...onditions2.pdf
    You must not: (i) use (or attempt to use) or distribute tools designed for compromising security including, but not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools, (ii) knowingly transmit or disseminate any information or software, which contains a virus or other harmful feature, (iii) use (or attempt to use) the Service in a manner that may interfere with the technical operation of the Service or any other computer, system, network or telecommunications services, including (but not limited to) denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a Service, improper seizing and abuse of operator privileges and atempts to ‘crash’ a host, or (iv)interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the regular workings of our systems or network connections.

Smart's Terms of Service
    Smart Bro Subscriber Application Form - Smart Communications
    1.7 Use of the Service. The Subscriber?s right to use the Service is personal to the Subscriber. The Subscriber shall not re-sell or make any commercial use of the Service, without the prior express written consent of SBI. The Service shall not be utilized in bypassing or in activity/ies that tend to bypass the network.

Sun Broadband's Terms and Conditions
    Sun Cellular
    d. Unauthorized activity/service include but is not limited to, International Simple Resale (ISR), Call Back and any other analogous services, or any alternative calling procedure which bypasses the DMPI network and/or prevents DMPI from imposing and/or collecting the applicable legal charges.

Please enlighten me.
    1. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) part of Globe's regular workings of their system or network connections?
    2. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not bypassing Smart's network?
    3. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) an authorized activity by Sun?
    4. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not preventing DMPI from imposing and/or collecting the applicable legal charges?

If possible, please provide sources of your claim. A lot of us may say it was not mentioned but take note the statement "but is not limited to".
    Last edited by twEATer; 09-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orochimaru700 View Post
    not true at all.... clearly wala pka kasuway mag vpn... ky bsag dili ka mag configure ug APN sa smartbro, palit lang ka ug buddy 3G sim ibutang sa imo usb modem, mka konek gyapon ka sa dashboard sa smart as well as mka konek gyapon ka sa vpn
    I'm not really 110% sure in agreeing with you bro.
    APN Access Point Names AccessPointNames.com
    Access point names are parameters which we need to configure in order to allow access to the Internet from a mobile phone network. The mobile phone uses APN to connect to a GSM carrier as a configurable network identifier. It is necessary to be used as it is on the basis of an APN that the carrier decides as to what type of network connection should be established.

And I don't have to prove myself if nakasuway na ba ko mag-VPN kay as far as I know, I tried setting up VPNs for Linksys/Cisco Routers. Not the type of VPN's that are being given free or in paid subscription. Instead, VPN's that are used by executives to access their company files and alike when they are on a business trip or away from their office.
    Last edited by twEATer; 09-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wenz View Post
    dugay naman diri sa istorya.net ang mga FBT(free browsing tricks) like ultrasurf, cproxy, tor, vidalia, proxy etc.
    Piro ang VPN bag-o lang cguro diri. Dili ni siya illegal
    dugay ra sd nkabalo ang mga TELCOS ani. sila ra sd ang naghatag ug way para sa mga FBT's
    unya sila ra sd bahala mag upgrade sa ilang firewall para mawala ang mga FBT.

So kung Bad effect jd ang FBT diri, e delede na lang ang mga threads sa Free Internet.
    HowStuffWorks "How Firewalls Work"
    "Basically, a firewall is a barrier to keep destructive forces away from your property." Now, why would you say nga ang telcos na bahala mag-upgrade sa ilang firewall if using FBT tricks is in some way (you may define it) not destructing their properties?

Quote Originally Posted by wenz View Post
    like ko ani.

kanang taga telco ka bro?
    murag na worry man gd ka sa ilang magasto sa upgrade. billionaire na cla bro, soon ikaw sd.
    telco but not the wireless. not worried about sa gasto sa telco kay billionaire man kaha na sila but ako gitan-aw ang kahasol sa pag-atiman sa backends, i work with the backend devices & nalooy ko sa nag-atiman sa backends ining mga wireless telco, imong gibisto ang ila ka-weak lutsan gud unya pasagdan pa jud, bisan palak nalang unta wala jud. dili lang sad jud ko determine ug ang wireless system ba nila ang drawback ngano nalutsan sila sa data communication. wa pa koy nahibaw-an sa history nga na-billionario ang usa ka employado tungod sa iyang loyalty sa companya. ikaw dali ma-billionario kay tricky kaau imong abilidad comparable to biil gates, steve jobs ug mark zuckerberg, he he he

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast