Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you can always order sa amazon and have it delivered here.

Quote Originally Posted by silahis View Post
    asa ka kpalit ug SP3 boss? libug kos imo post, do you own one or don't?
    naa ba na diri cebu? kpila nako nangita wa pjud ko kita.

i want to own one. lol. pro murag MBP pd guro ang presyo ani ai, i think
    Oh sorry. No, i don't own any but planning to. Nahan lang kog first-hand reviews as sort of self-justification though I have done my own research..

Naa sa OLX, Benstore.pc or Tipidpc. Premium price lang gyud.. But, it's the right device I'm looking for in terms of usability and portability especially the premium feel to it.

Dugaya mugo down sa price sa SP3 oi.. When pa kaha ang SP4 para mubarato na..

Thumbs up ni!
    Nindot jud ang Surface, especially ang SURFACE PRO 3

Mao gud ang flagship sa Microsoft run haha, kay bati man ila Windows Phones so far, kay daghan pa bugs

naa nay sp 4 pagka mahala heheee

After weeks of waiting for the shipment from Microsoft, I finally got my Surface Pro 4 (yey!). And all I can say is that it definitely exceeded my expectations! Awesome build quality.

The SP4 is actually thinner than the SP3. And I got the i7 16gb 256gb variant. Haven't tested the battery life yet but the icon on the toolbar says "8 hours xx minutes left". The back gets a bit warm (but not hot) to the touch though if you're not in an airconditioned room, but that's unavoidable due to the super slim form factor and i7 combo.

Got mine straight from Microsoft for $2200 including shipping na from US to Cebu.

Can't wait to try it on software development work and see how it fares.

Here it is compared to my Lenovo A5000.

Edit: On real life software development with Visual Studio+SQL. I've managed to squeeze out 5 hours+ on the battery before it reached 10%.
    Last edited by norrissee; 02-04-2016 at 12:35 AM.

I already went for Dell XPS 13 (2015) Non-touch FHD over Surface early last year .

Some questions:

Is the screen a finger print magnet?
    I chose a non-touch ultrabook because I don't want any marks on the screen obstructing the view. Putting matte screen cover might also degrade the display quality.

How does it fair being LAPtop, literally?
    A normal laptop sits nicely and sturdily on my lap.

Do you use keyboard+mouse more often than touching the screen(hand or pen)?
    I understand this depends on what apps you use the most. In my case I still find keyboard+mouse operation more ergonomic, accurate and efficient. I use CAD, Structural Design Softwares, Mathcad, Photoshop, Acrobat XI and MS Office.

Battery?
    Sadly, Mac is still no.1 for this department. I'm getting up to 7-8hours normal usage only for my xps13 (marketed as 11 hours duh).

Although what attracted me the most with Surface is that it's a chic replacement for the traditional notebook and pen for note-taking, the traditional form-factor of a laptop is still hard to compromise for a power user like me

I'm still optimistic that someday it would really replace the traditional laptop in all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by boyq View Post
    I already went for Dell XPS 13 (2015) Non-touch FHD over Surface early last year .

Some questions:

Is the screen a finger print magnet?
    I chose a non-touch ultrabook because I don't want any marks on the screen obstructing the view. Putting matte screen cover might also degrade the display quality.

How does it fair being LAPtop, literally?
    A normal laptop sits nicely and sturdily on my lap.

Do you use keyboard+mouse more often than touching the screen(hand or pen)?
    I understand this depends on what apps you use the most. In my case I still find keyboard+mouse operation more ergonomic, accurate and efficient. I use CAD, Structural Design Softwares, Mathcad, Photoshop, Acrobat XI and MS Office.

Battery?
    Sadly, Mac is still no.1 for this department. I'm getting up to 7-8hours normal usage only for my xps13 (marketed as 11 hours duh).

Although what attracted me the most with Surface is that it's a chic replacement for the traditional notebook and pen for note-taking, the traditional form-factor of a laptop is still hard to compromise for a power user like me

I'm still optimistic that someday it would really replace the traditional laptop in all levels.
    Screen IS a finger print magnet lol But majority I use the keyboard and touchpad (or a mouse) since I'm doing software development work so it requires a lot of typing and less pointing.

It's ok being a laptop but feels weird when using it at first, but you get used to it after a while. The pro I see here is that the hardware sits at the back of the screen so you don't feel any heat on your lap when using it.

Only time I use the touch screen capability is when I'm doing a presentation or am mobile and doing a quick check on codes and stuff. The pen I only use for notes and some quick sketches / photo editing / etc. But for serious work I still use the keyboard/mouse/touchpad combo. But it is still nice to have the pen/touchscreen there when you need it.

If you use your laptop to tune and log your car I would say the touchscreen is a real plus, easier placement on the car using a car tablet holder if you take away the keyboard cover attachment. Real time logging and display right on your dashboard (But you can get a lower spec windows 10 tablet for less than 4k for this function hahaha It's just an added plus)

The software I normally use are Visual Studio 2013, 2015. MSSQL 2012. MSOffice. Photoshop. Blender. Including some obscure tuning software for the car ecu LOL

But all in all, I'm pretty satisfied on the usability of the surface on a day to day basis. But I'm still mulling over the fact if it really is worth the hefty price tag Microsoft put on it

Quote Originally Posted by norrissee View Post
    Screen IS a finger print magnet lol But majority I use the keyboard and touchpad (or a mouse) since I'm doing software development work so it requires a lot of typing and less pointing.

It's ok being a laptop but feels weird when using it at first, but you get used to it after a while. The pro I see here is that the hardware sits at the back of the screen so you don't feel any heat on your lap when using it.

Only time I use the touch screen capability is when I'm doing a presentation or am mobile and doing a quick check on codes and stuff. The pen I only use for notes and some quick sketches / photo editing / etc. But for serious work I still use the keyboard/mouse/touchpad combo. But it is still nice to have the pen/touchscreen there when you need it.

If you use your laptop to tune and log your car I would say the touchscreen is a real plus, easier placement on the car using a car tablet holder if you take away the keyboard cover attachment. Real time logging and display right on your dashboard (But you can get a lower spec windows 10 tablet for less than 4k for this function hahaha It's just an added plus)

The software I normally use are Visual Studio 2013, 2015. MSSQL 2012. MSOffice. Photoshop. Blender. Including some obscure tuning software for the car ecu LOL

But all in all, I'm pretty satisfied on the usability of the surface on a day to day basis. But I'm still mulling over the fact if it really is worth the hefty price tag Microsoft put on it
    Aren't you planning to have a matte screen protector? It would remove that cheap-looking glossy screen aside from battling finger prints. Others said it'll degrade the display quality and screen sensitivity though.

Quote Originally Posted by boyq View Post
    Aren't you planning to have a matte screen protector? It would remove that cheap-looking glossy screen aside from battling finger prints. Others said it'll degrade the display quality and screen sensitivity though.
    Yup, ordered one from Lazada, waiting for shipment to arrive. Ordered the tempered glass protector last time, arrived cracked, so had to return it. Reordered a matte one instead.

Honestly, I tend to forget that it's a touch screen until I detach the keyboard cover hahaha

So far, the shortest battery time I've gotten out of it is around 4++ hours, with some heavy code compiling and SQL stress test duties. But still okay since I usually use the SP plugged in anyway.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12