Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default How to migrate and work in U.S.A. - Experience and Tips

OT:Mods if this is already a double post pls merge this topic. I didn't find a thread regarding this.

Dear fellow istoryans, if you are currently or previously living and working in U.S.A., please share some experiences and tips.... For those who are also planning to migrate and work in the U.S. share your thoughts and let's discuss it here. I'm a young professional and my dream is to work and live in the U.S. someday.

Thank you!~

other opted to choose the Maharishi / MUM study and work

Quote Originally Posted by nagatonichan View Post
    OT:Mods if this is already a double post pls merge this topic. I didn't find a thread regarding this.

Dear fellow istoryans, if you are currently or previously living and working in U.S.A., please share some experiences and tips.... For those who are also planning to migrate and work in the U.S. share your thoughts and let's discuss it here. I'm a young professional and my dream is to work and live in the U.S. someday.

Thank you!~
    unsay work nimo krn TS? naa ky masters degree?> (ako, im not in the US now.. naa pa sa deserto.. )

they say, if you have an experience in other countries, and you applied for US visa in other country, it's easier... also Canada..

Quote Originally Posted by INFRACTION View Post
    other opted to choose the Maharishi / MUM study and work
    Nindot ni da.. unsa kaha requirements or budget para mo study sa MUM?

TS and readers, if you have a "relatively" comfortable life in the PHIL. wherein u can pay ur debts little by little, have a regular job, a house to live in (bisan nakipuyo ra ka sa imo parents for now) ky mas better pa gyud ang quality of life sa ato diha. Although people will say nindot ra gyud ang abroad ky well compensated ka. I will be honest, there is only SOME truth to that matter. If u think ur hard earned money will be sent back home and u wont spend any dollars while in abroad...that is a big YES! Pero the real truth is, it is not always greener pasture at the other side of the fence. There will always be ups and down, pros n cons...U will always have to give up something to get wat you want in life....U can never have it all as they say!

Quote Originally Posted by vienzel View Post
    TS and readers, if you have a "relatively" comfortable life in the PHIL. wherein u can pay ur debts little by little, have a regular job, a house to live in (bisan nakipuyo ra ka sa imo parents for now) ky mas better pa gyud ang quality of life sa ato diha. Although people will say nindot ra gyud ang abroad ky well compensated ka. I will be honest, there is only SOME truth to that matter. If u think ur hard earned money will be sent back home and u wont spend any dollars while in abroad...that is a big YES! Pero the real truth is, it is not always greener pasture at the other side of the fence. There will always be ups and down, pros n cons...U will always have to give up something to get wat you want in life....U can never have it all as they say!
    mao ba sis? mao pud na sulti sa akong klasmeyts sa gawas. Ayaw kuno tuo nga hayahay ang abroad kai pwerte jud kunong lisora didto. dili dayon ta "pailad" anang post sa FB nga nanuroy kai hinagu-an man pud nang ilang gigasto. Hahay naglibog naman pud ko uy.... nurse man ka sis no?

yes, for quite awhile now. i have no regrets coz i got my dream. God heard my prayers and in his time, he granted it. i waited long too. i can still remember, I was so excited and hopeful when I set foot in the land of dreams not knowing what lays ahead of me. there were good things that happened in my life here, was able to help somehow family back home, able to acquire a property of our own in the phil., etc... but the question is, are we totally happy while we are here? yes and no...yes, coz in general we were able to start our small family without the burden of our parents. BUT NO, because we are taking care of other people but cannot do it to our own love ones in their times of need. I lost my dad with lung cancer and my father in law to complications of diabetes (cardiac arrest secondary to congestive heart failure). can we bring them back? could we have spend time with them? money you can earn it BUT memories are PRICELESS! that is why we say, "be careful of what u wished for coz u might just get it"...it's all about choices! I am not sourgraping becoz I am still thankful for everything. It came into my realization that I am not the kind of person who can embrace western culture so easily..."pusong pinoy lang gyud siguro ko!" lol

I look forward to the day, I will stay home permanently, just go around the neighborhood/department stores (SM/Ayala), feel the heat and pollution, get mad with the traffic, never ending bureaucracy in all offices etc...pero i can have my nails done weekly, just chit-chat without having to set an appointment, let my kids play with neighbor children without any fear of being molested, go to beaches anytime, visit family in provinces, the list is endless! whahaha u might think i am crazy but these feelings are true!
    Last edited by vienzel; 10-22-2014 at 02:46 AM.

naa mo idea unsaon pag kuha TIN for H4 holder visa?

Mas advisable ba if kuha una driver's license unya TIN sunod?

as tourist maka share ko haha ...

if you have immediate relative in us then ask them to petition you.... my mother petition me under f2b unmarried son above 21 but it will take 5-8 years before i will get my immigrant visa. i need to stay single as well up until the day i will get the green card.. so for now, enjoy philippines and explore other opprtunities....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast