Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Reasonable way to modify your car!

Hello mga boss

I am flak/ jadent. I am a car enthusiast not merely to gain pogi points on females but I really am passionate
    on cars and how they function. I remember when I was young, my dad would always be in the garage and always working on his cars. I grew witnessing and admiring him and I have been exposed to the growing car culture all over the world and locally. Enough about me, On this thread mo share
    lang ko sa ako tips or guides on how to properly modify your car in a reasonable sense.

The first thing in that would come across our mind after acquiring our first car is modification. This might happen once you rev the car for the first time or acquired the legal and supporting documents that justify the ownership of your car, or even after weeks of owning the car. The bottom line is basta naa natay atong personal awto, mostly sa ato dli satisfied sa stock form of the car. We tend to modify it in any way possible to make our mark or to stand out from the crowd.

Advices

First advice I can share to you mga boss, Modify the part on your car that needs replacing. e.g.
    "mag ilis nako ug tambutso kay perting taya a na sa current exhaust system". In this guide, this will justify the spending of your modification and at the same time puts a smile on your face.

Next in line, don't rush on doing your mods and think twice, thrice or even a hundred times before deciding the style the cost and etc.
    Kani mga boss would require huge amount of patience. Pareha lang ni sa delayed gratification theory. In which, if you have sacrificed greatly on something that your aspiring for a long time. Once you have got it, hastang sarap to the max gyud kaau ang feeling of satisfaction. Through your huge amount of patience maka stay away ka from undesired choices like huge utang.

e.g. imong awto needs new set of wheels kay hilis na. Naa kay na ibugan na set of wheels pero kulang imong budget. So consequently, out of desperation mangutang ka sa taman para lang makuha nimo ang imong gusto na wheels. Nakuha lagi nimo imo gusto pero at a huge cost. Unlike if you save for the money and prepare, dli gyud ka mag mahay at the long run coz ang utang naay interest or if sa ka e la nimo ka nangutang, ang pamuyboy dli gyud mo surface. Take my word for this boss..I've learnt this the hard way.

Now we go into details on how I modify a car.

1. Car Alarm na garantisado : protect your investment , coz lets face it we are never gonna finish on modifying our car and protecting it is a good way to give us a peace of mind. Also, not only buying a car alarm, we also need to sort a reputable car insurance in caso ug mo claim naka if ever ma damage imo ride, smooth ra ang transaction and would not cause you additional stress. (i don't know if applicable ba ni dha sa cebu). Ultimately, it is better to be safe than sorry.

2. Wheels and Tyres : obtaining a set of wheels would impact not only the looks of your car but also gas consumption, only applicable for light wheels or such. Maka save ka ug gas ani boss coz less ang force needed ipa tuyok sa light wheels kay obviously gaan man ang yantas unya parisan pa nimo ug nipis or low profile tyres. So kung less ang force needed mas dako ang distance ang ma travel sa imo awto using the same quantity of gas used on turning your previous or stock wheels, and at the same time if less ang force needed means less pud ang gas needed to generate that force to turn the wheel and would ultimately save you more gas.
    Ang new set of wheels would greatly affect the total looks of your car.

3. Exhaust system: this is the next in line if your eager on gaining considerable amount hp on your ride. This route is not for the faint hearted. Dri na mag sugod ug dako2 ang gasto sa imo ride. Aftermarket Exhaust system or custom made less restrictive exhaust system is an easy way to gain more power on your car. Kay dali ra mapa gawas ang exhaust and at the same time would greatly lessen the fuel returning to the fuel tank in which more fuel to burn in your engine and would consequently make the additional hp.

Suggestion on exhaust systems. look for JASMA certified exhaust system or mufflers if you are fabricating a custom exhaust system. Consult your local exhaust shops for more advice regarding this matter.

4. Paint job or panel repairs: repair the unwanted dents on your car and give your car a wash over if needed. Remember mga boss ang pintal sa awto could greatly affect your mood for the day. Kay for my own experience, every time I start my car, I primarily admire the paint work and this would give me a smile and would more likely affect on how I start my day (bicag nag away pami ni misis). Repairing your car's body work would also increase the life of the car and the value of the car if your planning on selling this with an arise of an unexpected need or want.

5. Lowering kits or adjustable suspension: Stay away from cutting your springs or clamping your springs as this impose a huge amount of danger to the public, since cutting or clamping your springs would greatly affect your car's handling and would also lead to unforeseen accidents. Also this habit will lead to premature part deterioration particularly your shock absorbers.

Save your money, buy the right equipment. Again, its better safe than sorry. Likewise mga boss, adjustable suspension and lowering springs on your car would give you more control in turns or corners (if your an initial D fan). This would also affect the looks of your car that gives an aggressive stance. A point to remember, Once you lowered your car be in mind that you need to master the art of anticipation. Kay kung dli ka master ani, it would result to bumper breakage or more unwanted garas on your undercarriage and exhaust system. As the saying goes a greater power comes a greater responsibility. Google is your friend on how to drive a lowered car.

6. Tinting your car's windows:this is a very brief and easy step. tinting your car means having more privacy on your car, dli lang ni sa biga2 . But this would also keep away from those would-be-kawatans. Kay dli man sila maka kita sa sulod sa imo awto. One more thing is this would decrease the inside temp of your car in a very sunny day and at the same time decrease the work load of your car's aircon kay dali naman siya pa bugnawon ang imo awto. Note, buy reputable brand tints. Don't waste your money on cheap and crude tints na mawala lang after pila ka simana.

7. Turboing or focus on your engine bay upgrade: Now on this step, decide if you want to go even faster. Again think carefully before you decide. Coz this step would greatly need a huge amount of money, time and effort.
    Primarily, on this step you should save and save money before pursuing this step. Pwede rapud mo anam2 ug palit sa needed equipments and supporting mods for the turboing. Dli lang kay mag butang ka ug airfilter na cone dha sa imong intake manifold. Advice for putting cone air filters, I am not really keen on putting this on my car unless if cold air intake system gyud. Coz if aftermarket air filter cone lang imo ibutang mga boss, walay proper insulation ma provide ang cone air filter nga naa ra "inside" the engine bay. Kay ang engine needs condensed cold air and less restrictive intake system para maka pa kusog or gain more hp. Mas maau pa ang factory air intake system kay adunay plastic box or pipping na mo protect against heat from the engine, specifically from the headers or extractors.

Turboing your car should be done the right way to prevent unwanted engine detonation. Consult your tuning experts regarding the details of turbo process. Proper turbo application is not an instant process. It hugely requires tons of research and patience. Turboing your engine would also require you to upgrade your transmission system in which can handle the stress generated by the turboed engine.

8. Brake system: Now finish na ang gain sa power ang problema napud is to control that power. Most instances, after putting a turbo in your car, factory brakes dli na kaau ka pugong ug dali na ma deteriorate kay ma over stress na siya due constant boosting or high speed application ( I tell you mga boss maka adik ning turbo boost ). Again google is your friend on sourcing the right brake system for your ride either your looking for a budget brake upgrade or going for the reputable and high end brake system (brembo, wilwood, HKS, etc.)

Brake system upgrade is not only advisable for turboed or supercharged engine. Beneficial pud ni siya sa naturally aspirated (NA). One obvious benefit is delayed braking. Delayed braking means na maka pa bulhot gyud ka ug taman at a high speed then braking at the last moment before entering a corner or turn. So good gyud ni siya pang autocross.

9. Proper traction of newly gained hp: Limited slips differentials are a good upgrade to fully utilize the hp gains derived from turbo upgrade. LSD in short, would make sure that two wheels either FWD or RWD are turning during cornering. This is even beneficial on launching during a drag race. Regarding in depth discussion of LSD consult your friend google

10. Weight reduction and driver stability: after your brake system upgrade, maka gamit na gyud ka ug delayed breaking techniques which is greatly useful on auto cross and more racing applications. Now ang problema is nig liko2, dako ang chances mag pugong ka sa imo ka ugalingon sa lingkuranan because of huge number of G's. To solve this problem purchase and install a bucket seat properly. bucket seats are light weight and provides good driver stability during high speed turns and against high number G's. Also please don't forget to install your racing seat properly as the seat is the one holding you in place also in case of an accident.
    To further improve the speed of your car, light weight is the key. You can obtain this by replacing into carbon fibre parts like hoods or bonnets, fenders, boot or trunk, doors and etc. (dli nang carbon fiber vinyl or sticker ha) or if your on a budget, fiber glass would do. On track days, removing your back seat and wheel spacer together with tools would help on further reducing the weight of your car. Note on track days lang kay kung imong buhaton on a daily basis unya ma oberya simbako, lisud e repair ang minor flat tyre problem.

11. Stiffening your car's chassis: Dri na mo sulod ang putting additional brace on your chassis and greatly maka tabang ani gyud is to put a roll cage on your car. Note this will sacrifice comfort even further and forget about passenger capacity as this will negate that feature. If your on a budget, a stiffer sway bar and strut brace or bar (front and rear) is more than enough to satisfy this need. Ang use ani na step is to prevent roll during cornering. Roll cages also saves lives during an accident.

12. Aerodynamics: A good example is using of a rear wing with proper angle will help stabilize your car on high speeds. This will generate huge numbers of downforce. But this is only applicable for "high speed applications"

Mao lang sa ni ako ma e share sa inyo boss. I will update this thread as I learn more

Ang motive sa akong pag setup boss kay touge or pwede pud race track.

Sincerely Yours,
    Flak/ jadent

So pang street racing and pogi points di-ay ni imong guide TS ... ari lang ko sa MC mag modify2x sa makina TS kay daku-a ug gasto kung sa sakyanan uy ....

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    So pang street racing and pogi points di-ay ni imong guide TS ... ari lang ko sa MC mag modify2x sa makina TS kay daku-a ug gasto kung sa sakyanan uy ....
    dli lang pud sa pa gwapo boss, sa ako basta hap say ang nawng sa imo awto, maka affect gyud sa imo mood and maka minus gyud sa imo stress. Uu boss this is not for the faint hearted.

kani nga bisyo. ky unlimited nga gasto.. naa ra sa tag iya kung asa kutob cya mo gasto..

two thumbs ko ani Bro..maka.addict ang auto..hehehe...bago lang ko naka.auto ug dako na kaayo kog gasto.hehehhe

nice post sir...

ni post ko ani boss just to shred some light on how to modify and spend your hard earned money on modifications that greatly affect the performance of your car may it be on looks or mechanical upgrades. Coz i know once you get your car, mag libug gyud ka kung unsay unahon ug palit

This should be stickied

For me ang gwapo nga awto kanang all stock pero ma slide ang langaw sa ka sinaw!

2000 honda civic (sir body) stock sir rims, super sinaw original paint. Black color. No dents. No scratch. No kagulkol. Super silent engine. In short, very well maintained. (Ang i.c.e. Ra iyang gi gastohan pero sound quality ang tirada)

Sukad2 kada agi niya sa iyang awto ga sinaw pirmi with tire black all the time. Hasta rims pirmi gi polish. Ang sulod perting hapsaya tan awn.

for me lang,mao nay walang ka kupaskupas nga set up!

Sample sample!! Para bibo

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast