Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes & why

17 85.00%
  • No & why not

3 15.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

It's good to have some sort of baiting and trash-talking here as long as it doesn't involve personal attack. Although, it would easily get out of hand. Look at some posters here when trashtalking to Heat fans, they had to mention @Iamalbertrebs and @Dansuy's picture and ridicule them. I know they have made some idiotic posts such as "#sisiw next game" or whatever. Posters should ridicule them based on their posts, but should NOT ridicule their looks as well cuz' that's already personal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    It's good to have some sort of baiting and trash-talking here as long as it doesn't involve personal attack. Although, it would easily get out of hand. Look at some posters here when trashtalking to Heat fans, they had to mention @Iamalbertrebs and @Dansuy's picture and ridicule them. I know they have made some idiotic posts such as "#sisiw next game" or whatever. Posters should ridicule them based on their posts, but should NOT ridicule their looks as well cuz' that's already personal.
    I hope its not a cultural thing. We also need to learn to control emotion. I know bad emotion can sometimes step in and we say the most ridiculous things but the hope is one realizes that when rooting for your team against another team its really not personal , its in the spirit of the game , sure we are serious fans but not to the extent of throwing personal attacks , it is but a game folks. Another thought could also be education , while we have different fundamentals in life , people have different ways of expressing themselves , again the hope is for user 1 to realize that and user 2 to refrain from doing if unsure. Part of our job is to help manage this area , clean out things we don't need and last is Let's have fun people!!!! This sport is part of my life as well as yours lets discuss interesting things , exchange views and ideas for the love of game. And sure you can have your little debates too as long as you don't attack personally. These are my thoughts hope it makes sense.

Friends , community , fellow pinoys are more important.

So vote na mo , don't be shy if your names pops up as to how u voted , just makes it legitimate and at least we know where u stand.
    Last edited by KE-25; 07-19-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Here are a few of my opinions on the matter:

1. No personal attacks, got it! Though sometimes the self-control goes out the window (including mine, hehe). Hopefully, a warning would be issued first before giving a mute or a ban. But if warnings are already part of the protocol, then I'm on deck.

2. I second the FAQ's suggestion on more implementation of the Intellectual Property Law.

3. On Off-Topics, as long as the posts and the subsequent replies do not go out hand and do not hijack the thread, I really don't mind. It should be called-out though.

4. On chat-box, I think it's unnecessary. Come to think of it, the forums are already kind of like a chat-box.

All in all, if the sets of guidelines would promote a healthier discussion, I'm all for it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redemption32 View Post
    Here are a few of my opinions on the matter:

1. No personal attacks, got it! Though sometimes the self-control goes out the window (including mine, hehe). Hopefully, a warning would be issued first before giving a mute or a ban. But if warnings are already part of the protocol, then I'm on deck.

2. I second the FAQ's suggestion on more implementation of the Intellectual Property Law.

3. On Off-Topics, as long as the posts and the subsequent replies do not go out hand and do not hijack the thread, I really don't mind. It should be called-out though.

4. On chat-box, I think it's unnecessary. Come to think of it, the forums are already kind of like a chat-box.

All in all, if the sets of guidelines would promote a healthier discussion, I'm all for it!
    Thanks for your opinions Dem

We could arrange that (warning first before a mute or Ban), that's been done for the most part not only in this area but all areas of forum. Although , if its too much or has been doing it a lot without being warned there is a chance its a direct ban. I'm sure all if not most users have read our overall rules and guidelines and i know users are aware if they have crossed the line or not.

On copyrights , goes without saying..

On off topics , we'll try to be more vigilant , but I also suggest our regulars help mention to users frequently going off topic or are known to start a fire. but overall , everyone in here , especially the oldies and regulars do a great job helping out.

In fact , I believe this section have a great group of individuals , part of why I spend a lot of time here.

Again thanks for sharing and saw u voted too ...

Update: Those who haven't please vote and share your 2 cents , thanks guys

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Blog Entries
    It surprises me , i'm seeing some very active users , that mostly post fun and games , one liners and have not voted. I'm curious as to why, Please vote and be heard. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Giving this another week for people to vote , if we don't hear from you then do not complain if we implement changes in this area. Thanks again for those who voted.

I'm all out for any changes that will be beneficial for all die-hard basketball storyans.

ot: hala,hala si lifeisbeyeeutiful site keeper na. hahahaha karon pa ko kabantay, hahahaha

ont:
    henaot ko, na kung naa ma'y bag-ong guidelines, unta de grabe ang pag-usab . unta maka trashtalk pa ko(bisan sa physical aspect lang up to sa ideas sa poster). hehehehe

Blog Entries
    Well, I think there's should be a "committee" to help set-up or help molding our special rules. If nobody want to post an input here, how would @KE-25 know their concern, right? If you still like trash-talking, I think nobody is concerned about it per se, it's just personal attacks that IMO may have developed from trash-talking. It's important that each posters should know what are friendly trash-talking and personal attack.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_and_Sickle View Post
    ot: hala,hala si lifeisbeyeeutiful site keeper na. hahahaha karon pa ko kabantay, hahahaha

ont:
    henaot ko, na kung naa ma'y bag-ong guidelines, unta de grabe ang pag-usab . unta maka trashtalk pa ko(bisan sa physical aspect lang up to sa ideas sa poster). hehehehe
    Hammer , no worries , your friendly thrash talking is safe hehehe , its really personal attacks that we are concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Well, I think there's should be a "committee" to help set-up or help molding our special rules. If nobody want to post an input here, how would @KE-25 know their concern, right? If you still like trash-talking, I think nobody is concerned about it per se, it's just personal attacks that IMO may have developed from trash-talking. It's important that each posters should know what are friendly trash-talking and personal attack.
    Thats a good idea , i'm all for group effort , if we can set up a group of regulars , old members , very active users I'm all for it in helping with guidelines.
    Heck we could even come up with a yearly meet , say during playoffs or championship , or a friendly basketball game ( I'm an awful player but lets get on the court ) etc … Like what our friendly Boston rivals have done (draft meet) Again , we love good debates , lil trash here and there as long as it isn't personal, interesting articles , informative writing so on. Summing it up there really isn't a whole lot to change as this area has gotten better and maybe these guidelines or minor changes are mainly to remind and make things more legitimate if a line is crossed , ( least we don't get " I didn't know " or "abi nako ok lang" or for newer users they can see it on a sticky , that if they read it )

So post more ideas , please vote

Anyway let me know how u guys want to proceed
    Last edited by KE-25; 07-23-2014 at 10:43 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast