Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    Ah ic .... di man jud diay ana kalayo kaya ra na sa powers hehehehe .

Ako bata nag start school 3 pod siya . Di gyud na mausik ang tuition nimo since ang early childhood education sa Montessori is not confined sa academics lang. It also teaches kids to be independent, learn practicality early in life and lots of time for activities and handling of materials.

In my book , that is AUTHENTIC LEARNING .
    Pila age sa imo anak ron Ma'am? Basin classmates ra ato..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mai_15 View Post
    Pila age sa imo anak ron Ma'am? Basin classmates ra ato..hehe
    Lalaki ko maam .

Pre School siya Casa de Pacencia .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

okay na sa usc. sulit ang tuituin

Oh! Im sorry Sir.. mine is in Case de Hondradez.. ��

Salamat kaayo sa inyong information. I'm also planning enrolling my kid in a montessori school when he's 3. I have some questions and would appreciate those naka-experience na to share/answer (I only know brief "montessori" info, so...):

- what are your reasons to go with "montessori" instead of "traditional"? What are your basis with these reasons? What is your overall satisfaction rate of your kid compared to if they were in "traditional"? 1 to 5, 5 being "very satisfied"

- "montessori" is really "child-centered", basically self-discovery, self-learning etc. There are times nga naay "collaborative learning" and because of that dili lang knowledge ang matun-an but apil pod ang personalities and social skills sa group ang mo-develop. That's probably good except kung ma-timing imong anak with a well-todo kid with all the "bells and whistles" and "jealousy" comes in, how is that approached? I know "montessori" allows "freedom" but things that can hurt others are not allowed however how about those "unknowingly" cases? Generally, I'm worried about "bad-manners" creeping in and I know there is no way to stop it, it would just be us parents guiding & unfortunately hoping our kids will "decide" and choose the "right" manner.

- how are the kids taught to be "well-mannered"? Montessori "teachers" act only as guides so how?

- "montessori" is programmed to be not competitive but humans generally compete to survive. What was your experience?

- how are the kids graded? If there is no grading system, how does that work moving to "traditional" (question below)? Compatibility with CHED/DEP-ED system?

- how did you manage to transfer your kid from "montessori" to "traditional" (eg. going elementary, high-school or college)?

- for "SPRINGFIELD_XD_40", why can you say only USC offers the "authentic" one? Your basis? I know there is no patent with the word "montessori", but are there organizations that at least does some pre-checking or something?

Kani lang sa, might have more later. It would be even best to ask the school some of these questions but I just dropped them here hoping your experience can give light.

Thanks all.

Sorry medyo late ko nakahibalo sa reply nimo with a couple of inquiries . Hope I will enlighten you to the best of my knowledge in answering your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by SYNCH View Post
    - what are your reasons to go with "montessori" instead of "traditional"? What are your basis with these reasons? What is your overall satisfaction rate of your kid compared to if they were in "traditional"? 1 to 5, 5 being "very satisfied"
    I started out " experimental " . Afterall , I am a Carolinian myself connected with the College of Education which is where the early childhood / special education and Montessori education are located department wise . Knew a lot of students both graduates, undergraduates and professionals . I had mixed suggestions and recommendations yet for some reason I still ended up enrolling my kid when he was 3 years old in USC MA. I would say , 4 out of 5 because I have seen dramatic progress and changes leaning to good than worst. Progress in both academics , practical life and socialization. Not that traditional dont have it , but I saw it moving forward and that is due to the education for all and a good student / teacher ratio system.

- "montessori" is really "child-centered", basically self-discovery, self-learning etc. There are times nga naay "collaborative learning" and because of that dili lang knowledge ang matun-an but apil pod ang personalities and social skills sa group ang mo-develop. That's probably good except kung ma-timing imong anak with a well-todo kid with all the "bells and whistles" and "jealousy" comes in, how is that approached? I know "montessori" allows "freedom" but things that can hurt others are not allowed however how about those "unknowingly" cases? Generally, I'm worried about "bad-manners" creeping in and I know there is no way to stop it, it would just be us parents guiding & unfortunately hoping our kids will "decide" and choose the "right" manner.
    Its not exclusive in Montessori . This is prevalent and present anywhere both inside and outside of the school regardless of the approach. They are evaluated as per observation on good conduct and right manners. This is a case where a teacher-parent works well and by far , the teacher adviser is very effective in updating , monitoring and handling issues with our son.

- how are the kids taught to be "well-mannered"? Montessori "teachers" act only as guides so how?
    Just like how students are learning it traditional style. Systematically , a student is being told or praised in a very constructive manner . Although I cant vouch for the entirety of the faculty strategies , I am just thankful to have a teacher adviser who is so effective in doing it as she is a parent herself with 2 young kids. Sayon ra para niya because she can relate to it not only as second parents being teachers but a real parent herself.

- "montessori" is programmed to be not competitive but humans generally compete to survive. What was your experience?
    On a personal level of observation , my son competes against himself. Ive notice on some occasions na proud kaayo siya because he has more correct answers now , more checks , more smiley stamps compared before without mentioning that his other classmates are better , or slow si kuan etc.

- how are the kids graded? If there is no grading system, how does that work moving to "traditional" (question below)? Compatibility with CHED/DEP-ED system?
    Rubric method of evaluation. If I am not mistaken , DepEd is now monitoring schools that qualifies and a promotes authentic Montessori style of curriculum.

- how did you manage to transfer your kid from "montessori" to "traditional" (eg. going elementary, high-school or college)?
    Not yet . That stage actually concerns me also because it will be a life turning impact. Although I know lots of Montessori students before who are now doing good and actually are achievers in both the North and South Campus of USC . If they transferred somewhere else, I dont know of anyone and how well thy are doing .

- for "SPRINGFIELD_XD_40", why can you say only USC offers the "authentic" one? Your basis? I know there is no patent with the word "montessori", but are there organizations that at least does some pre-checking or something?
    Only USC caters the Bachelors in Early Childhood Education which produces professional teachers that composes the faculty of USC MA . Though some came from CNU but mga SPED sila , mga MontEd gani taga USC na sila gyud.Both majors in Montessori Education and Special Education as well because they are an inclusive establishment. USC MA has a curriculum designed as authentic because of the approach utilized and the equipment's used compared to those establishments who are only carrying the name of " Montessori " to command high tuition fees when in fact they are nothing different of a traditional style school.

Hope all is well. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 04-15-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

mga 57k ang tuition whole year

Quote Originally Posted by pspoon_low-end View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pspoon_low-end View Post

Hi Sir, Our tuition fee ranging 18K per year. we are very affordable computer schools compare to other campuses. but the quality of education you're looking for in IT Field are with us. We have 31 branches in Manila and first time here in Cebu at Escario St. and were running 20 years in business. For inquiry and other information kindly call us at 9272150872 and company phone number 2545328 and look for Jastine. Thank you and Godbless

Thanks SPRINGFIELD_XD_40

Quote Originally Posted by Jastine View Post
    Hi Sir, Our tuition fee ranging 18K per year. we are very affordable computer schools compare to other campuses. but the quality of education you're looking for in IT Field are with us. We have 31 branches in Manila and first time here in Cebu at Escario St. and were running 20 years in business. For inquiry and other information kindly call us at 9272150872 and company phone number 2545328 and look for Jastine. Thank you and Godbless
    Ang Montessori ako pasabot. Wako ni ingun 57k imo skwelahan. Ni pirate raman gud ka ani nga thread.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast